Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MAY 29)

[ Edited ]

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a beautiful sunny day, one made perfect for outings here. For  those affected by the bad weather, it defitely is not  something to add to the holiday pleasure. Hang in there!

I will be going to the capital city tomorrow to visit a friend. Today's agenda calls for loading the car with items for donation at a center near there. These are in excellent condition but because of weight loss or lack of love, they need to find a new home.

I saw that Bernie is interested in Cize. I've also seen that infomercial and have been tempted. The reviews at Amazon are very good.

There is a similar one I've seen promoted on FB that is about half the price. I can't think of the name right now but it had good reviews when I checked it out. My BMR is so low that I'm not going to lose much more if I don't add exercise. This I plan to do upon my return from Branson. My Fitness Pal has a BMR calcular and according to it, my BMR is slightly under 1300 calories. Your estimated BMR is: 1,222 calories/day* 

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

MemorialDay.JPG

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MAY 29)

Good morning to all who read or join in. Thanks @KonaKat for the start. We also are having a beautiful sunny day. Rain is predicted again for tomorrow though, so will need to finish up outside chores today. All you ladies are doing a good job on the donations. I have slacked off badly lately, in lieu of doing outdoor projects, but need to do more soon. Always seem to find things I no longer have use for, or need. Enjoy your visit with your friend tomorrow. I will have to look up Cize, as I have never heard of it, but these days a shorter walk than I would prefer, is about all the exercise I can do, my back is not cooperating very well. I figure that doing all the outdoor work that I do is probably giving me a good workout anyway. Appreciate the 'cartoon' you shared, it is so true. Will be heading back outdoors soon. I did read the posts yesterday evening, honestly, was too tired to even post. Hope everyone has a nice day. Waves to all...

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Snicks--Cize is a series of workouts designed as dancing intensely to your favorite songs. At my age, back problems and knee problems, I could probably handle a waltz but not the moves on this program. I've watched the infomercial serveral times and it does look like fun. We do what we can do and outside work is exercise.

I  have a 30 gallon trash bag filled with clothes and a box filled with shoes, bags etc. I am worn out from just doing that so I don't know how some can do this for long stretches. I just got down on the floor to rescue a pair of shoes fro under the bed and it too me forever to get back up. I had to lean on the bed and push myself up. My back is now complaining. I think I will take a break for an hour.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Morning, beautiful day here also, hope tomorrow is the same.  Thanx @KonaKat for the start, love the pix, so true.

@Snicks1 know what you mean about getting up from the floor, gets harder & harder every year.

Been having a flare up of arthritis of my right hand so difficult to hold things, started taking some tumeric (2 weeks now) it seems like it's helping a bit hope it continues, can't take any nsaids only tylenol (which doesn't help at all) so this is worth a try.

Bbq today at a neighbors, tomorrow is our parade & another Bbq so a good 2 days coming up.

Sending hugs to all here & those that come later

Essie

Respected Contributor

Good morning. I had to comment on getting up from the floor. Because I have a knee replacement, that I cannot kneel on and the rheumatoid issues, it is pretty hilarious for mr to get up. If Sydnie is here she gets a good chuckle out of it

i was going to clean out some lower cupboards in the kitchen so I pulled a chair over to sit on. Getting old is great..not.

no big plans for the weekend. Dh put our new grill together yesterday. So I can make grilled food..ribs and hamburgers. 

Our parents graves eaves are too far away to make a visit, but I do it in my heart.

((( hugs))) to all

Esteemed Contributor

I have the back seat of the car loaded with a big box slightly too tall to manage going into the trunk. I've started on the trunk of the car and have it half loaded.

Barbara--Enjoy the new grill. This holiday is a great time to grill out and share memories. Getting old has its pluses but it also has its negatives. Sydnie may get a chuckle out of your efforts to get up but she can also help if necessary

Essie--I do hope the arthritis in your hand improves. I agree that Tylenol does little to relieve swelling but might help a little with pain. Personally, I've found Advil or other brand or generic works better for me for both pain and inflammation. I'm not supposed to take it much because of the blood thinner but when I am in pain, I indulge in it.

Honored Contributor

Hello girls, it continues to be warm and muggy here.  We got some rain yesterday and that cooled the temps for maybe 30 minutes.  I miss being able to open my windows and feel and smell a breeze.  I did get the grass cut before the rain came.   The two baby sparrows in the bird house fledged.  I didn't see the first one leave so I am not sure of the gender.  The second one was a little girl.  My silver maple is shedding the whirly-twirly things.  They clogged up the gutter above the bird house so I waited until the rain let up and cleaned out the gutters (first floor).

This morning, as I was having my coffee I noticed a pile of these pods all over the sewer grate in the front of my neighbor's (to the left of me) house.  Maybe cleaning the street along the curb and the sewer grates is just something my family did or a Detroiter thing. 

I took a small rake out front and cleaned the street in front of her and my house.  If the sewer clogs up, it will affect me anyway so I might as well do it.

It looks like we might get rain again.  My city usually has a parade on Memorial Day and the parade route street is under construction, so the route will be shorter this year.  I hope the rain holds off for those who attend tomorrow.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies....another beautiful day here,high 80's but expected to get nasty tomorrow..I'm thinking a lot of parades will be ruined.

trying something on my posting here as I am,along with others, are Still having a problem with posting and the cursor stops working after a few sentences ....I have already had to cancel two posts earlier because of it.

Bernie those pods look like something that I remember from my childhood days from some trees around.....we would gather then up and split the bottom and fit them over our bridge of our nose...called them pug nose....I know sounds weird but as kids I guess it was great and honest fun. HAdn't thought about that in years till I saw your pic,

< Don't want to press my luck on writing so I hope everyone has a nice rest of day....Marijane

Respected Contributor

Hi ladies!  I have Cize and really love it. It is really just another aerobic dance program, and one that is more for beginners not for dancers. I have a hard time getting the hang of dance moves that Cize is much more for me than any other dance system that I've done - including the Just Dance and Zumba.  I got mine on ebay for about $40 and may have a friend who would sell hers.

Church was great this morning now I'm back on the couch.  Need to get motivated.

Esteemed Contributor

the wedding/reception & graduation party were all nice yesterday.  I am tired but we went to church, had lunch out & just enjoyed the hot tub.  We missed it yesterday.

our friend that fell on Tuesday has 4 broken bones in his foot, a broken bone in his leg above the ankle  & 4 broken verbrae & has to wear a boot  & body brace.  Dr's. say 4-6 months for a full recovery.  He & his wife had lots of summer plans so it will be even more difficult.

Another good friend from church had a heart attack on Friday night as he & his son were leaving a MKE Brewer's game.  Huge blockage & still incoherent.  Prayers for both of them would be appreciated.

DH & I are going to our pastor's home tomorrow afterward for a cookout/bonfire weather permitting.  After one hot/humid day we are in the low 80's with 70's for the next few days.  Too bad it won't last all summer.

I still need to get my shoes in order.  I only had 4 things to declutter frtom my closet.  I am also hoping to get the windows washed real soon.  Still can't correct my mistakes.

I read every night, but have been too tired to answer all of you.  Right now I am ready for a nap.

Hugs toi all of you.