Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MAY 26)

Good afternoon,  shopping friends. I hope each is enjoying the Memorial Day weekend. Right now, it is sunny here with a high of around 90 andscattered storms expected.

If one doesn't see something, it is hard to be tempted. Alas, I had the Sunday AM Style show on and saw SG present my beloved top in two patterns I don't have. This top wears well and packs well for trips. I reach for it often. Needless to say, the two patterns I don't have are coming home to me. She said the top was her most reordered item. A225581

I lost 3 pounds last week thanks to watching what I ate plus over 70,000 steps during the week. I don't think I'll be dong that this week as I have a scope of the bladfder and kidneys on Wednesday to see if the cancer is returning. If not, then I'll only need to have it done once a year. On Friday, I have a test to see if I have peripheral arterial disease. Chances are good I don't but they want to eliminate it as a cause of a problem I am having with my right leg.

I guess all of this justifies the purchase of the SG tops, as if I needed a justification. I have purchased very little in the past two months so I don't think this purchase will tempt me to purchase more.....sales or no sales.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MAY 26)

Jean, I haven't been able to get the Q at any of our motels so far.  I think that it's a good idea to get clothes that you really like in different colors. Congrats on your weight loss & good luck with your upcoming appointments.

We are in Ohio and just got done with lunch at Wendy's.  Now I can hear my DH sneezing.  It's probably the butter that he put on his baked potato.  It's another hot day, but we are hoping for cooler weather by tomorrow.

We have had no rain after a brief shower on the day that we left home, buy it's getting cloudy and it looks like ☔☔☔ Monday -Wednesday.  We are staying in OH tonight and then plan to get to Shipshewana sometime tomorrow.  The plan is to go to the flea market on Tuesday.  I am hoping that I can buy a few of the glass nail files like I bought last year.  I bought two of them & lost one of them in the Subaru somehow.

Then it's back home either Wednesday or Thursday.

We are reflecting on Memorial Day this weekend.  My DH's dad passed away 30 years ago and his funeral was on the Friday of Memorial Day.  He was a wonderful person as is my 93 year old mil.

I put flowers on my parents grave before we left home, but we want to pay our respect there again as well as 3 other cemeteries that we have friends and family in.

Off & running again.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Good luck with your medical tests.  Great work on the exercise and weight loss.  Sounds like you will get plenty of use out of the tops in new patterns.  It is sunny here and probably in the low 80's, but the wind is very strong so it is less pleasant than you might expect.  My sunhat (which has a tie for under the chin) actually flew off on my walk, and I had to chase it down. After that, I tightened the band.  

Like twinny, I did not get the Q in the hotels on my trip.  But, I did get HGTV which I no longer have on my cable (would have cost $20 extra per month to keep it.)  So, I had a mini HGTV marathon.  LOL

Sorry your weather hasn't been the best, twinny.  But, it does sound like you are having a good time.  Hope you make it to the flea market, and they have what you want to purchase.  

My hospice visit yesterday was a bit of a bust.  My patient had some issues focusing, etc., and the nurse put her on a medication they gave DH and made him sleepy.  She was sleeping the whole time I was there.  I did talk to her caregiver/husband who had fallen in the living room while I was away -- his face was badly bruised.  He was also back to using oxygen which he had not used last time.  We had a nice talk about DC, and he told me he has applied to go on an "honor flight" to DC -- his daughter will be his sponsor if this happens.  Quite a few veterans in my area have gone on honor flights to DC, and I know they are treated very well.  When I went to the WWII Memorial, they said that former Senator Bob Dole still comes there to greet veterans fairly often.  I thought that was amazing given his age and health.

I have been to church and the gym, and have quite a bit to accomplish in terms of cleaning today.  But, I'm not feeling that energetic at the moment.  Yesterday I went through my tablecloths, napkins, and placemats, etc., and found several to go on the donation pile.  So going on deculttering, but at least I am making some progress.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Hi Jean @KonaKat   I didn't even know AM Style was on this morning Woman Very Happy  You work almost every day, treat yourself to new tops Heart

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@twinny70   We got rain again this afternoon and it's chilly outside.  More rain is expected through Wednesday.  Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

Honored Contributor

Hi Linda @LindaLatte  Bless his heart, it doesn't sound like your patient's husband/caregiver is in the best shape himself.  

I'm becoming more convinced that decluttering is a forevermore type of activity, lol.  I swear I'm not adding much new yet I find things that can go, lol.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, its too bad about your Hospice patient's DH hurting himself.  I like t declutter.  I think that it's a hobby. We have a friend from our church that went on the Flight to DC last Friday.  We don't know how it went for him since we are still on vacation.

Bird Mama, as soon as we go Into OH, we had a brief shower.  Then we had two more brief showers and it's in the 70's.  Aah!  

Last night when we left Pizza Hut, my DH realized that he left his hat there.  We went back this morning and they weren't open yet.  We saw a Tractor Supply Store which we  don't have so my DH did some shopping.  He bought two short sleeved western shirts with fancy snaps on them and a nice T -shirt that is cool to the touch. Then we went back to Pizza Hut and they said that they didn't have his hat.

We are at a Travel Plaza getting supper.  We are going to get a motel shortly.

I am looking forward to getting into IN.