Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MAY 23)

Hi Everyone!

It's another hot (high 80-90) sunny day but small chance of rain. I still hope to plant some flowers.  The weeding has been post poned for another day.

LindaLatte--I ordered the rose gold trash can. It's more of a bronze but matches the cabinets. I have cherry but it has more brown than red. So pretty. I used one of my regular Glad trash bags and it works fine. It really solves my problem with being able to see that old can. 

Today we are getting new cell phone cases for our phones. I need one that clips on and my hubby already dropped his. I'll be glad when this is done and we can move on to the next thing on the list. I just want to get it all handled, paid for and then relax. It's been a run on replacements. UGH!!

I saw a bit of Carolyn this am. I guess they have her doing early morning times. I didn't purchase anything but did consider the Campenelli carpet cleaners. My favorite because it works and I don't have to be on my hands and knees.

Free s&h that I would like to use but am trying to stay focused on the budget. Always tempting. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MAY 23)

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  That is a nice color trash can.  Glad your regular trash bags work -- that appealed to me since I had purchased a large number of trash bags from COSTCO and didn't want to waste them.  Good luck with the flower planting. 

It is a little warmer here today, but still cooler than normal -- perhaps not as hot as your area.  And, no strong winds like yesterday.   The wind was so strong yesterday that I couldn't handle the noise when I had the doors and windows open.  

They are predicting highs in the 90's starting tomorrow, and it will be much hotter next weekend.  More normal for this time of the year.  It was cool enough that I wore a light hoodie on my walk this morning (in the upper 40's).

Hope you like your new cell phone cases.  I ended up ordering the D&Co. capris this morning -- tempted by the no S&H.  But, I was only able to get on the waitlist.  So, I'm not sure if I will receive them or not.  

Jean's comments about trimming her Don Aslett mat inspired me to try to trim the rug pad I have in the living room.  My scissors were not up to the job, so I ordered some new ones from Amazon which came yesterday.  They worked like a charm.  Finally.  One of those little things that gets on your nerves.

Church was outdoors again today, and the weather was pretty good.  The service lasted longer than usual since there were a couple of baptisms and some confirmations.  Since most of us are older/retired, it was very nice to see these young people.  They have been undergoing their confirmation studies via the computer for more than a year.  

I have nothing exciting planned but a Walmart pick-up.  I didn't need a lot of groceries, but I needed sunscreen, etc.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice Sunday.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. I guess you don't have a fitness tracker, Glenda?  It would be interesting to know how many steps you took at the cemetery.  I'm sure it was a lot.  

Esteemed Contributor

Fressa, that rose gold trash can is very pretty.  Thank goodness it's not that hot here.  It was in the upper 60's when I did my late morning walk, but we will be in the 80's for the next few days.  

Linda L, I don't have a tracker, so I have no idea how many steps I took yesterday.  While we were in the hot tub this afternoon, my dh told me  there were 10 different sections in the cemetery and we did 1/2 of them.  I am hoping to be able to talk to somebody that works there to see if my nieces grandpa is buried there.  One way or the other, we will be going back another day.  

I just got back from riding my moped.  It's not been used since we got back from our mini vacation, which is unusual as I am on It almost every day.

It's a quiet day around here, but we had a good drive thru carry out lunch from Culver's.  We don't usually do birthdays with my niece and her family, but they gave my dh a late birthday bag with 3 bags of SF chocolates, a 4 pack of wine coolers and generous gc from Culver's.  She turned 50 last year and told me she was looking forward to being 5 perfect 10's, so I sent her a birthday card  with 5 perfect $10.  Her DH will be 50 next month, so I am going to surprise him the same way.

The older I get, the more important birthdays are to me.  

This week will be busy going to the gym tomorrow and Tuesday.  On Wednesday, we are going to use our new carpet cleaner & do one room at a time until we are done.  It's going to be nice enough to  have the windows all open.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Honored Contributor

Hello and happy Sunday all, it's been a bit too warm for me, lol, the past couple of days.  The humidity is rolling in today and I think the rain is heading our way.  We need it.  I cleaned the first floor gutter and removed quite a few maple tree whirly birds/helicopters.

Whirly Birds in Your Gutters? | Weatherguard, Inc.

Wow, sorry that photo came out so big.  My second floor gutters on the front of the house are full of whirlybirds (I can see them from the sidewalk) so I'm looking forward to rain, lots of it to rinse these things out.  Back in 2018 one of them took root and sprouted like a chia pet, lol.

I had to get on the extension ladder and use a rigged up tool to pull that thing out.  I have a thing about heights so I'd rather not do it this year.

I'll probably have lots of these things to rake up after rain.

Next time I get a new roof I am going to have new gutters and a gutter guard put on the second level of the house.  I'm getting too old for that kinda height.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Just a thought, Glenda.  There is at least one website where you can find a grave.  I am on a couple of ancestry-type sites, and they send me links to gravestones of relatives.  If you google find a grave, you might be able to locate the grave of interest since people interested in genealogy often provide these photos.  There is no charge for using the sites I know.  Of course, talking to someone might be faster.

I think it is a good idea to avoid climbing ladders, etc., Bernie.  Those gutter guards seem like a solution to many problems.   

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, after we had lived in our new home for one year, we had gutter guards put on both sides of the house. Even though we live in a Ranch style house, the lot slopes so the roof is quite high.  My dh climbed up on the roof to get rid of  pine cones from our neighbors trees twice and scared me to death.  I have never liked  climbing up on a ladder.  Two rungs & I am done or asking for help.

Linda L, that's a great idea.  It's unbelievable that my niece doesn't know where this grandpa is buried.