Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MAY 21)

Jean, it rained here all day yesterday & was in the 50's.  It was sunny this morning, but it is now cloudy with milder temps.  Your plant's look beautiful.  It is supposed to be in the 70's by tomorrow.  We need to buy 4 new shrubs because the other 4 are dead.  I will also be buying 5-6 tomato plants.  That is the extent of my garden.  Tomatoes are my favorite.  

Bird Mama, I love your choice of the new Corelle dishes.  My everyday set are 42 years old & still going strong.  They are a beautiful floral pattern that go with everything.  My "fancy" Corelle dished are going on 21 years old & have a Southwestern look.  Our DD got the same set for a wedding present & I liked it so well that I asked her if I could buy that same pattern.  She said Yes.  I have never broken any of them & I cherish the light weight of them.  I have both of them in a set of 12 as well as a 12 place setting of silverware.  We had to accommodate my DH's larger family & my family because our families had been friends for many years before we Wed.

Hoosier original. WHEW!  You got your walk done in the "Nick of Time!  We have had rain off & on all week & it looks like we may get some more this week.  

I wanted to go to the farmer's market yesterday, get my walk in & hot tub  but got none of that fine because it rained all day.  I cleaned house real good & it needed it.

I am having a lazy day today.  Tomorrow I have my 6 month GP follow-up.  DH has labs & 6 month checkup, so we are in this together.

The heat is on so it is nice & cozy in the house.  Off for a little nap.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--I do hope your 6 month check up goes well. Sorry you couldn't get your activities in because of the rain. A nap does work for many so enjoy! I had a shrub removed last year and have yet to replace it so I need to be looking for one.

I've spent part of the afternoon reading while Alexa played music for me. I usually have to unplug it when they are doing an Echo presentation on QVC as it will respond to the commands on TV despite being in my bedroom. I think its hearing is more sensitive than mine.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

You know, QVC's homepage is such a disaster with all the channels and special values posted I just noticed Denim & Co has a TSV on QVC2.  This cannot be good for sales - I saw no chatter about it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bernie--We don't get the Q2 channel unless through Roku, nor the Beauty channel. There are some hosts I liked who have been moved there such as Albert. I agree about the clutter on the home page---very distracting. It is hard to find some things.

I just got back from the drugstore where I picked up my prescriptions and a Revlon lipstick that lasts all day on me.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  I'm still debating the TSV.  I really appreciate your describing how you use it.  I just could not picture that for myself based on the Home Page description.  I have yet to see it presented since I've been busy doing other things.  Most of the reviews seem very positive, and I saw the price here is lower than on Amazon, at least  for today.  Decisions, decisions.  

I did see something presented that really is calling tome -- it is a sunshield for the car that is like the ice/snow guard they have for winter (same company).  I have one of the regular sunshields in the car, but it is a pain to use, and doesn't make such a radical difference in temperature as they described.  

Your plants look great, Jean.  

Sorry about your very rainy weather 

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--I use the Echo for things other than I listed but not on a regular basis. I think its usefulness depends a great deal on how techie an individual might be. I do know if I don't have the computer on to be able to access weather, I've been known to ask Alexa about that as well as a back up alarm. It is a fabulous timer but being able to play all that music, etc. is a major thing with me as are the relaxation progams.

You can also access radio channels. That might be a minor thing to some but I live in a neighborhood where radio signals are not clear for some reason but  radio stations that are also internet based then are easily accessible via Alexa.

Each week, you get from Amazon an email telling me latest thing that Alexa can do so it is constantly evolving. Obviously, many of these things may not appeal to some. Do a search on Amazon for Alexa skills. Enable those you would like.  That ability to alert someone in case you can't get to a phone is a real benefit. It is very sensitive so once it is trained to recognize your voice, it obeys commands from a good distance.

Honored Contributor

JCP made me wait for it today - 6pm (my time) the 30% off kicked in.  For $90 (home delivery), I bought my flatware for 8, a farberware tea pot, some gold toe ladies athletic quarter socks and a pair of khaki pants.  

I make instant coffee and use a pot to boil water.  Sometimes, if I get sidetracked I boil water out of the pot.  I use vinegar and water to soak the pot, however after enough times, one has to worry about metal poisoning (rofl).  I think that's how I ended up with more lids than pots.

I figure if I have a tea kettle that yodels when it's ready, my farberware pots should last me the rest of my life :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--You are learning to work the system for the maximum benefits. Is JCP one of the stores that you can earn eBates when shopping in the store as opposed to online? Whatever, enjoy your purchases! If you are going to buy the items, it pays to wait for the best payoff.