Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MAY 21)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a cloudy, overcast day with possible rain in the forecast. Despite that, I just watered my plants in outside containers.

I'm watching the Dooney show now and just saw them preview a leather crossbody bag that looks exactly like the IM one I bought from "As Is" or clearance. I've forgotten which one but it has been a great bag. I'm using it often. The Dooney version is $248. The IM was less than  $100. The insignia is even in the same location.

I have an Echo so I don't need the TSV. It is one of those things that you think you may not use that much but mine is in use daily. I don't regret the purchase but I got mine from Amazon over a year ago. I like to use it to play Prime music while I am reading, a timer, and to play relaxing ocean sounds just before going to sleep.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MAY 21)

It's absolutely pouring down rain here in Indiana for second day in a row - Story and I just walked in the door from our hour walk and boom - down came the rain!  Second day in a row that has happened. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning, I just returned from the grocery store.  I beat the crowd and was in and out.  It's been raining on and off here (not too hard) since later yesterday afternoon. 

After straightening out the pots and pans in my kitchen, thanks to my recent Farberware purchase, I took a look at my dish/cup cupboards. Honestly, I don't know how I let things get out of control.  I think after husband passed I didn't care that much about dishes and the presentation.

Although I dont' recall doing it, I must have grabbed any old open stock plate when I broke one of the set of inexpensive stoneware I had.

Soon that will be all behind me.  Corelle (direct) was having a sale and I bought this set (serves 4) yesterday.

Mug is dark brown.  Pattern is Tree Bird (the birds are the little aqua things - took me a minute to find the birds myself)

Image result for corelle tree bird

I'm also thinking about a Pfaltzgraff set of silverware at JCP.  Now, the silverware I use, hubby brought with him.  I was not his first marriage so this is probably from his former.  I never made an issue of it then and now I find myself wanting my own silverware, he he he.

JCP is having a sale on that too.  Plus there is a 30% off promo.  

I think the kitchen will be all set after that.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi everybody,

Image result for sending sunday blessings pics

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hoosier, sorry the rain is ruining any weekend plans I have a feeling that your rain will eventually make its way eastward to me. At least, you got in your walk. It is getting darker here.

meallen--Thank you for the graphic. Great choice as always.

Bernie--I have dinnerware and gadgets that have not been used for years. Part of it is sentimental as part was given to me by my mother but I'm at the point that some of this stuff has to go and hopefully make someone happy. I have a Corell set that I use instead of the China that Mother gave me. I love the bird pattern and yes I see the birds.

My Cottage Farms mini-sweet peppers.

minipeppers.jpg

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KonaKat   Wow, your peppers are off and running.  

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--I had to try one of the red ones. Very good. I've never tried mini sweet peppers. This is a pic of the mini-tomatoes from the same veggie order from Cottage Farms:

minitomatoes.jpg

Honored Contributor

@KonaKat  My dream dinnerware set is a pattern called Chirp by Lenox.

Image result for chirp lenox

Even though it's described as Simply Fine Chinathe fact that it's any kind of Fine China tells me it might not be a good idea for me, rofl.

Honored Contributor

@KonaKat  Look at you :-), got some tomatos going too.  I grew a tomato plant in a pot many years ago.  My Ma loved vine ripened tomatos and when the first one ripened I gave it to her.  She said it was the best tomato she ever had (she may have been stretching the truth).

At least you know where your tomato is coming from. 

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--That Chirp dinnerware is beautiful. You know the klutz in the china shop? That's me! I would be breaking it easily. You can't kill Corelle.