Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MAY 19)a

Good afternoon, shopping friends. I've been with the Q since the merger of it and CVN. In that time, I've been one of their best customers.

Now that I am much older and  have nearly everything I need, I don't see myself buying often now. I'm no longer tempted by the TSVs as the price afterwards is usually not that higher now. Sometimes, it pays to wait for the reviews. 

I am no longer find myself falling for $20 bill alerts and other sales pitches. The miraculous cream will be replaced by another miraculous cream in another presentation. I remember when easy pay day was eagerly awaited as easy pay was not frequently given, and the number of easy pays at the max was five and then only on the moe expensive produts. 

I guess I've become a more discriminate shopper at the Q and elswhere. The fact that a product might be a miracle for someone else does not mean it will be for me. If those gadgets were so great that they sell at Christmas then why are they not periodically offered throughout the year or kept in stock when someone might need them?

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MAY 19)a

Jean @KonaKat   I agree.  Sometimes the Q will offer something interesting at a pretty good price (like that convert a bench) and I'll take advantage of the easy pay.  I still like Denim & Co styles that are offered but the price stops me in my tracks.  

We have some crazy weather this afternoon.  Wind, rain and a tornado warning NE of me in my county.  Because it was happening in my county all of the air raid/tornado alarms were sounding at the school behind me.  It dawned on me today that I've always lived near a building with one of those warning sirens.  Even with the TV on, there is something about the way that siren alerts that catches my attention.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Occasional Contributor

I totally agree. I have been a long time customer also. I think when we have been with the Q for such a long time we are wise to their gimicks. What gets me mad is the priceing now. A top of Gravers is sixty dollars, are you kidding me? Another thing is they are always pushing the Q Card but they don't want you to know is how hight the interest rate on the card is, it is over 24%. And easy pay doesn't help the interest it just drags on the chages. 

Esteemed Contributor

@szewThe SG price might be acceptable if it were a well made top that was styled in a way that it could be worn for years, making it cost effective. Subtle flowers might be fine but those that can be seen a mile away are not. That is a styling that comes in and goes out quickly and few want to pay that kind of price for a seasonal item.. I don't have a Q card but was aware of the interest rate. Only if that card was paid in full each month would it be useful. I use my cards that earn points or miles and are paid in full each month.

@Bernie The Converta-bench is a great example of where the Q shines. I know many don;t like to buy electronics from the Q but two of my best performing and long lasting laptops came from the Q. Then there is the great ladder that was delivered to my home and not available in the stores.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  I agree with you.  To be honest, easy pay was not usually a "draw" for me except for a few expensive items.  The current trend of offering payments as low as $6 for five or six months is just crazy.  I went to a local department store with DD and DGD today, and I was remarking how nice it was to see clothing on sale (for prices half or less than here) with no S&H.  And, I found a good selection of petites in classic styles.  I have found that many of the items sold in discount chains can be more "trendy" than I like or intended for a younger person (in my opinion.). Add all this to the fact that I have more than enough clothes makes me less and less to shop here.  I have not been shopping here as long as you, but I started about 27 years ago.

Hi Bernie.  Those alarms/alerts sound frightening.  Hope your area is okay.  Some of the pictures on the news are awful.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  I was able to use the elliptical in the hotel again today and had a nice breakfast.  In addition to shopping, DD, DGD, and I went out to lunch with them (Red Lobster).  I took a short walk -- nice scenery, but it was hot and muggy,  There was a prediction for bad storms, so DD served dinner early and took me back to the hotel.  No storm so far.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. I had a nice dinner last night with my SIL, nephew, and  his wife.  My SIL picked me up in her new car -- new to her.  It is pretty new and fancy.  I hope she will be able to take over the payments on her own after I shopped helping out.  I had committed to help out until December 2020, but no longer.  This is the third car I have helped with (in the nearly eight years since my brother passed away.). 

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone - Just wanted to chime in that I totally agree with your assessments on wiser shopping and the pricing of things like Susan Graver tops getting outrageous.  

I went to church this morning and spent the afternoon completing the trying on of all my clothes (except for pants - as I won't be wearing those till autumn, and who knows what my weight will be in several months.)  I have a huge pile of unwanted clothes to donate.  I will do a final count tomorrow, as well as finishing putting tubs back in storage.

We had some rain today and that's almost unheard of for mid-May, though much appreciated.  Our weather can change by the hour these days.  

Waves to all  ~ Charlene

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@szew wrote:

I totally agree. I have been a long time customer also. I think when we have been with the Q for such a long time we are wise to their gimicks. What gets me mad is the priceing now. A top of Gravers is sixty dollars, are you kidding me? Another thing is they are always pushing the Q Card but they don't want you to know is how hight the interest rate on the card is, it is over 24%. And easy pay doesn't help the interest it just drags on the chages. 

Puncky, I agree with you 100%!  Susan Graver USE to have affordable clothes but in the last couple years her prices have hit the roof literally.  I bought one top from her for the spring/summer that was $50 but I loved the peplum it had on the back and it matched a pair of capris I had but that is the last thing I will buy.  It took me long and hard to even consider buying the top. Also, bought a Lori Goldstein top on sale and these will be my last 2 pieces for a very long time.  I feel like it is highway robbery the Q is doing to consumers with these prices.  Glad I have lots of clothes in my closet and do not need one thing.   I will leave them for the ones who have money to burn lol.