Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MAY 17th)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  It is sunny and warm here, and they are predicting a high of 95 degrees.  Fortunately, it was comfortable on my early morning walk (not too hot).

I am pretty disappointed that my church had a service done at a district (I think that is the correct term) level rather than the local church.  Different ministers from all over the West and Midwest on a recording.  I really prefer the local church efforts. 

Oh well..... I heard an interesting story on the radio from a disabled man who found church, yoga, and other on-line programs to be so much better for him. Due to his handicaps, he was unable to go to church very often, but now is able to "attend" weekly.  I think it might be good for churches to continue the on-line services even when they reopen -- assuming that it is not too expensive.

Another groundhog day for me.  I have a little ironing to do, plus some cleaning and a bit of cooking.  

They are partially re-opening our library tomorrow, but no looking through the stacks, limited hours and numbers of people, etc.  They are encouraging people to pick up items from tables outside of the library.  I don't plan to return at this point, but I bet it will be popular.  

Hope everyone is having a nice Sunday and staying safe.  Please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MAY 17th)

Anybody out there?  Hope everyone is okay..

Honored Contributor

Hi Linda @LindaLatte   I got caught up on a series binge of the old TV show Mannix Woman Very Happy

I was able to cut the front and back yards yesterday and boy am I glad I did.  It's been raining on and off all day and we're expecting much of the same kind of weather tomorrow.

95 degrees? Wowsa, we were in the 50's and the wind has picked up.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Good evening ladies, hope all is well.

Linda -  Thank you for starting us today.  Sorry you were disappointed in the church service.  Hopefully soon you will be able to attend in person. 

Not much going on here, we did have to go to the funeral home today.  You only could have  a total of 25 people in funeral home for the whole 3 hours of the viewing.  It was strange and yet very sad.  

Hope everyone has a great evening.