Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MAY 12)

Good morning, shopping friends and Happy Mother's Day to all mothers, including those who are mothers to pets.

It is another rainy day with flood warnings issued for some part of our state. Outside celebrations will be moving inside.

I went to Columbus, Ohio yesterday, a 320+ mile round trip. It was a beautiful day with sun until I neared home at which time the rains began. I did a little impulse buying while in Costco. I found a beautiful lawn ornament which came home with me. I had seen it two weeks ago but couldn't get it out of my mind. It was still in stock, so this "want" came home. 

They also had some nice tops by Calvin Klein in stock in colors that work well for me, so two of those came home at $15 each.  I can't go to that area without going to the Cheesecake Factory, so I indulged there also. Now, it is back to watching the food and financial diets.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MAY 12)

OMG!  I need an intervention.  After last week's Isaac TSV!  Well, I'm a naughty girl!  I went kinda bonkers!

So, my best guy friend gave me a huge (the size of a footlocker) that made of Tupperware to have the post office put my packages in.  It's at the top of my long driveway next to my garage door!

I haven't looked at it in 3 days (since Thursday) but I'll bet you that thing is full!  One word....Isaac...he gets me in more trouble!  I love, love (and another love) his colorful clothes.  I also like Bob Mackie and Denim and Co.  (See what I mean....about trouble?).

I don't leave my house (unless I have a Drs appointment) when it rains.  I hate rain.  I hate the darkness caused by rain!  Funny thing is I have an adult daughter that has loved rain since she was a toddler.  She has memories of hearing me sing "Rain! Rain!  Go away!  Come again another day!"

Rain + TV + QVC = staying inside....= spending money!  Tomorrow, I'll go out and get the packages.  Ever carried a wheelbarrow in the house?  That's probably what I'll need!  Ha!

Have a great day today and every day.  As far as I'm concerned every day is and should be Mother's Day because .... not only do Mom's rock....we rule!  (That includes furbaby mom's for sure).

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66I have always enjoyed your posts Ran, indeed, is recipe for staying inside and being exposed to temptation. 

I  used to joke that I was on auto delivery for the TSVs but that was in the era when TSVs were better and more tempting. I am spending the day watching L&O SVU and will soon be reading. I am a very visual person so if I don't see it presented then I won't be tempted.

Love your sense of humor and I agree that moms rule!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@KonaKat  Thanks for your post.  I have a rule that I never buy anything unless it is on easy pay because I don't need anything.

Just the other day I received a card (because I check the return box I want notification when QVC get the package return) that says my credit was.....are you ready...you sure?

OK!  It was a credit to my account of 7 cents.  That's .07!  By the time I pay for the return $6.95 and bla bla it came to a return of .07.

I don't like feeling cheated....that made me feel cheated.  It was my fault.  I put on weight right in my fat stomach and it's hard to find the right size.  Drives me crazy!

I used to just keep the clothes that didn't fit because I thought the sky would fall in and I'd loose weight (didn't happen).  Then I though, "Well, by the time I send it back I'll end up paying even more".  (That's flawed thinking).

My daughter (wiser than I) said, "Mom!  At least you wouldn't STILL be paying for the thing if you return it".  See, I told you she was smarter than me!

So, now I haul the stuff right back to QVC.  I buy stuff on Amazon and it's all FREE.  I buy my cat toys and prescription cat food on Chew.com and shipping is FREE.  I buy my candy I love from JET.com and it's FREE.

Yet, I'm still too dumb and continue to pay OVER (yes over) $11 to get something from QVC.  If it's more than one item each item (in one package) cost an additional $3.95....phew!  I hate math.

Thank goodness, yesterday QVC was selling earphones and I only bought one but probably won't even keep those things...we will see.  Today it's shoes and I only bought those the other day, so I'm good.  I already have a few pair of those exact shoe in a white color.  I don't wear them mostly I wear my Birkenstocks.  But I needed that coral color (all that Isaac I just bought).

Now my head hurts from thinking about what a dumb bunny I am.

Later today I'll come back and tell you guys about my war on the squirrels.  Hint:  The score is Annabelle 0 ..... Squirrels 10!  

Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  I always enjoy your posts..you are gifted with words.

Jean, that was a long trip,yesterday. I lived in both Pittsburgh and Cleveland when I was much younger...not that it has to do with anything. We made it home last week and we have been freezing ever since. We are much more acclimated tongue dry heat in the desert than here.

i have been good about shopping..i cleats out 3 bags of clothes that were too big for me here and I still have too much. I am working on that.  My teeny Sydnie, who wears a true 00 likes some of my tops but they would never fit her.

i read every day.. greetings to all and Happy Mothers Day yo all

🎈🎈

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hello and Happy Mother's Day to all.  

It's been cloudy, damp and cool here this weekend.  Damp weather seems to get next to me even when the furnace is going Woman Happy

Like Jean, I can't buy if I don't see it so I have a Perry Mason made for TV movie on right now. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Happy Mother's Day to all of you.  Jean, you had a long trip yesterday, but the shopping sounded like fun.  We went to Koh's  yesterday after we had the Subaru serviced, but the 20% off didn't entice us to buy anything.

Bird Mama, after a nice day on Friday, we are looking forward to a few 🌞🌞🌞 days in a row.  

Annabellethecat  I love reading your posts. Now I can't wait to hear your squirrel story.

Sydsgma, our 14 year old dgd  wears a size 00, but she is only 5' 2" tall.  She is so happy to be taller than I am at  5' 1/2" tall.

Yesterday was a busy but fun day.  We got the Subaru recall problem fixed & then we had a nice lunch out with our dd & dgd.  Then we got a free car wash and had ☔☔☔ all the way back home.  Luckily my DH could just chamois it dry again.

Church was nice this morning and all of the mom's got a nice Rose.  Lunch was at Taco Bell.  Lol!

We are planning to go to the boy's band concert tomorrow night and then come back home afterwards because my DH has 7:00 a.m. lab work and a follow-up appointment at 9:00 on Tuesday.  We have my cousin's luncheon on Wednesday and then plan to head for S. IL on Thursday morning.  Our gn has her graduation party on Friday night and we are taking our time on the road.

Then the plan is to spend two weeks in KY and TN.  I have already told my DH that I am not planning to look for a big blue H.

I am feeling so good from my Wednesday infusion.  Maybe this new drug will be a winner even if I can't get them at our local clinic.  

Hugs to all of you.

Respected Contributor

Twining..Syd is almost 5’7....very tall and willowy...she wants to  grow another inch or 2 so she can do runway modeling. 

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--The cool rain has created a chill and dampness that I turned on the heat to  compensate.and take out the chill in the house. The chill gets into my bones and I ache, ache. Time for a Q product to cure it!

Barbara--You are so proud of Sydnie. I'm sure she is young enough yet to continue growing in height. She is striking in her pictures. You have lived in a variety of areas, which gives you a more total perspective of people and their cultures.

Twinny--I am glad t he new med seems to be working so perhaps the new clinic and travel to it is justified. Your travel plans sound wonderful. You need to venture over into my area and go white water rafting. I've never done it as I am too chicken to try it. It is a beautiful drive through that area, however.

Annabelle--You realize we are waiting for the squirrel story. Like you, if something isn't loved out of the box or package, it goes back.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening and Happy Morther's Day everyone!  Like several of you, I do not care for cool/wet weather, and that is what I am having so far on my trip.  The hotel had the AC blasting when I checked in, and now I have the heat on.  

The trip has already been rather eventful, not all good, but I did make it to Arlington Cemetery today (in the cold rainy weather) to see my parent's grave.   Pretty appropriate on Mother's Day.

Looking forward to many fun adventures with the Road Scholar tour.  

No QVC at the hotel, so I'm not being tempted.  Like you Annabelle, I am sending things back if I don't like them, but hate paying a lot to do so.  That has saved me from some foolish ordering, but not all of them. 

Hope everyone sleeps well and the sun returns.

Hugs,

Linda