Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MARCH 3)

Good morning, shopping friends. I might have tried the TSV but the reality is that I have acquired 4 new pair, 2 from QF and 2 froom Belle. I really don't think I need more.

I did like the Skechers sling back wedges, so I am debating them. The reality is that I have sandals from last year that will still work for me this year. Time will tell as I don't have any like these.

We are looking at going back to Kona, Hawaii over Easter 2020 as well as my birthday. We have been looking at a condo which is now rented up to the week before we plan to go. I have a feeling we will be making a decision on it soon. It is really a townhouse directly facing the water. The views look great as do the rooms of the townhouse that sleeps up to 6.  These are a sampling of the pics which can be deceiving but the reviews are great:

KonaTH.PNGKonaTH2.PNGKonaTH3.PNG

The other bedroom has two beds, and the sofa converts to a queen bed but we won't need that option as there won't be more than 3 of us going.

I  paid my Bank of America card in full before statement closing, so it will report a zero balance. FICO scoring doesn't like several cards showing a balance even if they are paid in full after the card reports. The American Express card will be the next, followed by my Chase card.

I'll be spending the day awaiting the snow arrival while sorting out some things. I'm back in the mood to do that so I'm striking while the motivation is there.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MARCH 3)

Good Morning Jean, what a lovely townhouse. 

I ordered the D&B TSV yesterday in the chestnut color so I'm good as far as $hopping goes.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  That certainly looks like a lovely vacation spot.  Hope it works out for you next year.  No TSV for me either.  Really three reasons -- I have more than enough bottoms (an understatement), I don't care for the look of crops on me, and I am not sure about the back slits.  But, I do kind of like the look on the models and hosts.  Hope any of you who order enjoy them very much.

I have started trying to pay my credit cards in full before they post.  It makes me feel good for some reason.  I almost always pay the cards in full once the bill is ready, but this is relatively new for me.

Enjoy your new DB bag, Bernie.  I knew you were thinking about it, and I'm glad you were able to get the color you wanted.

It is sunny and pretty warm here again today.  We are expecting wind this afternoon, but so far, so good.  Also so far so good with my cold/allergies.  Yesterday was not a great day for me, but today seems better (at least so far.)

My hospice visit went pretty well, but I never met the patient, just her caregiver.  He wanted me to go to the grocery store to pick up quite a few things (not all that easy given my concern that I wasn't getting the exact size/items he wanted in some cases), but it was good to be of service.  He and I had nice conversations before and after the grocery store run, but his wife was napping the whole time.  Hopefully, I will be able to meet her on a future visit.

Yesterday, I wrote two big checks -- house insurance plus my DC trip.  I had the money, but somehow writing those big checks had an impact on me.  

I have my widow's grief group today, and I found out (via Facebook) that one of my favorite former work friends passed away yesterday.  She worked in the office where I started, and was quite a bit older.  But, she was a very interesting and warm person.  Very sorry to learn of her passing.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bernie--Enjoy the Dooney! It did look like a great bag.

Linda--I'm glad you were able to be of some help with your hospice trip but fI imagine that working directly with the patient at times would give it more meaning. In playing the "FICO game," I usually rotate the cards that post a balance so that they show they are being used.

I enjoy planning travel but it really amazes me how far in advance some places have to be booked when the rental is over special events.  Of course, there are always hotels but condos, etc. are much better for relaxing especially when it comes to the ocean, etc.

I did decide to order the wedge sandals. 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Jean - The townhome looks wonderful, how long will you be there?   We are getting snow right now so the picutures you posted looked so nice.  I think I am tired of winter.  Not that we have had that bad of a winter, I am just tired of it.  Enjoy your new sandals.

Bernie - Enjoy the new bag.  I did like the look of it, I did debate getting it.  

Linda - Sorry about the loss of your friend.  Glad your caregiving went well today.  I know the care giver enjoyed your company more than you know.

Have a good evening everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Susan--We are finally getting the snow also. It can leave at any time. As far as the planned trip, we will be gone just a week next year to the Big Island. I think the time we are spending for Australia is long but it is necessary.  It is nice to have something to look forward to when dealing with the dreary days of Winter.