Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MARCH 24th)

Linda L, it's so saddening to hear about the bridge collapse in MD.  My prayers are going out to all of the different people Involved in this tragedy.   Its good that your second DGS has one less pipe to replace.  It nice that Barbara will be moving closer to her family and her apt. will be ready for her move.  Hopefully her home will soon be sold soon.  One less thing to think about.  There are quite a few homes on the market and they are selling quickly.  Usually they are not on the market this early.

Fressa, our temps are all over the place right now.  Yesterday  was rainy and cold.  Today  it's cold, but sunny which I prefer.  I have a feeling that it's going to be another hot summer.  Ugh!  Last year was the hottest summer ever.  We are still in a drought and need a lot of snow.  So many economic difficulties as tourism has been almost none existent in the Northern parts of our state.  

My dh had a good report from his Dr. on Monday and was told he didn't have to go back unless something else shows up.   Yesterday, he went to see the podiatrist to get his toe nails cut.  Next appt. is in three months per Medicare,  so I might have to do it sooner.  

My PT appt. this morning went good. Since I still have a lump on my knee & it's black and blue for the first time this morning, I had him take look at it.   He said he had no concerns about it now, but if it gets worse or turns red,  I should call my Dr.  He said it's like if you fall & hit your head, it takes time for the lump to go away.   

We have a grave site funeral to go to tomorrow morning.  Her Grandma and my Grandpa were brother and sister.  She still lived in our hometown, so we saw each other now and then.  I have a few cousins coming from out of town so we are going to Culver's for

a quick lunch.  We are playing FLIPPO in the afternoon and the rest of them have plans back home getting ready for Easter.

DH is going to the gym this afternoon and I am going to have a lazy day.  

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte  I think it's a good idea for Barbara to be nearer to her family.  When you have your own house for most of your life it's gotta be hard to think about moving into an apartment.  Add to that all of a sudden you and moving in like a week or so.  I pray for everyone that I post with in this Community and I will keep Barbara is my prayers.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

The rollercoaster weather patterns continue here in Michigan.  The temps are up and down.  The bridge collapse made me sick to my stomach when I saw the footage.  My heart goes out to the maintenance workers who were on the bridge when the catastrophe took place.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon! So glad your DH got a positive report from the doctor, Glenda.  Hope the lump in your knee goes away soon.

Our weather is on the warmer and sunny side today, and that is supposed to be the same for tomorrow and much of Saturday.  But, rain and much cooler weather is predicted for Easter Sunday and the following two days.  Roller coaster weather for sure.  Hope the weather where you live is okay or better.

Not sure if I mentioned it, but I was able to change back to my previous prescription drug coverage plan starting on April 1st.  Quite a relief since I will save on premiums plus the cost of the one expensive drug I use now.  

Nothing new about Jean, but I keep checking.

Waves to Fressa (I would have ordered that Dynatrap if I had an appropriate place to use it, but do not), Bernie, Glenda, Susan, Barbara, and all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's sunny and cold today with some wind gusts. No rain.Strange weather for everyone. Ho[pefully, it wil all settle down in a few weeks. I saw a few people post that they were receiving their plants early. Today the tomato plants arrived which is too early for this area. Hopefully, they will survive in the garage. Fingers crossed.

twinny70---Hope the lump on your knee is improving daily. That takes a while. What luck that you were able to have the doctor check it. 

LindaLatte--What a relief to have your prescription plan switched back for tha coverage  that you need. Medication costs can be so worriesome with costs and brands. 

The turkeys must have moved into the woods. We see them daily. Not sure when they sleep. The deer have been around so they must not bother each other.

I may start prepping the planters for the plant arrivals since shipping is early. I'm not sure if I will start to weed the gardens but I may get the veggie planters moved inio the patio garden area. I do better if I can tackle thsse outside chores in sections. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.