Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MARCH 17th)

Happy St. Patrick's Day!  

So far this weekend has been extremely quiet.  It has been cooler than normal the past few days, and it was only in the mid-30's when I woke up.  At least it is sunny.

I was able to do some decluttering, cooking, and cleaning yesterday.   Just shaking my head about some of the things that were in my bathroom cabinets.  I have have a very bad habit of "moving on" from one cream/soap/shampoo, etc. to another without using up or throwing out the remains of the old one.  

I took a little time out to go to the donation center -- a space heater that works fine but I don't need. 

Waves to Fressa, Bernie, Glenda, Susan, Barbara, and all of our posters and readers.  Please post if you have a chance, and have a nice Sunday!

Hugs, 

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MARCH 17th)

Hi Everyone!

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY !

It's sunny and cold today. It rained during the night and was cold. If the forecast is accurate then cold weather will remain for the week. Our ground is still wet in some areas from all the rainfall but the grass is filling in nicely. The hubby went to the neighborhood hardware store to get a bag of "weed & feed". It was double the price of last year. Even he was in "sticker shock". Hopefully, the bag will last us all season. 

It was warm enough in the afternoon that I bathed both dogs. They look great and don't mind the shower. They each like a differenct temp of water. Of course, today I'm so stiff and soar from bending and stretching over them. The shower stall is larage but once you get a person and a German Shepherd in there you are wall to wall dog. LOL

LindaLatte---Sounds like you had another busy Saturday. I wish we had a donation center in our area. Ours closed before covid. Now I just find a spot in the spare room and collect the items for the Veteran s pick up dates. I still have more I want to declutter from the holiday storage room and the cedar closet. It never seems to end but it's slowly moving along.  . 

Have a nice afternoon.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L., Fressa, & others.   Happy St. Patrick's Day to all of you.    Since both of our Mom's are/were English, we never celebrated it.   Now I enjoy a few green carnations, a pot of Gold and a couple of Leprechauns. 

We had a very nice 54th wedding anniversary for a few days.  Other than a morning of rain on Thursday, we had good weather.  I cherish my husband  more each & every day.  You will see why a couple of paragraphs down.

It was nice to get back home on Friday afternoon and going out with friends for a  Friday night fish fry. 

We woke up to see our neighbors roof covered with a bit of snow & a few pellets on our lawn.   Yesterday, I put my last two Snowmen away for the season.🤔🤔🤔.   It's cold, but sunny today and tomorrow.  Then 50's.  for a few days.

It was a sad time for our church this morning.  Our Pastor's bil & his wife (she is a sister to our Pastor's wife) went to get groceries on Friday night and their weekly dinner out.  When they got back home, he went up stairs to get ready for bed and came back down stairs 30 minutes later and said he had pain in his arm and couldn't breathe.  They live in a small  IL town with no medical services, so she drove him to the hospital.  He was able to walk in,  but before they could get the EKG hooked up he went in cardiac arrest and could not be resuscitated.  

One of their two sons was in FL on vacation and flew back home.  Our Pastor is 51years old and this guy is younger.  My heart & prayers go out to all of them.   

Yesterday morning, we went to a good breakfast put on by one of our assisted living places.  Easter Bunny & all.  Then in the afternoon,  we went to the 95th birthday party for my dh's first boss at Frito Lay.  He has no wrinkles, his memory is sharp & he has no grey hair.  Although we haven't seen him in a long time, he knew right away whom my dh was.  

After church, lunch was at Culver's.  They have the best roast beef sandwich. Hot tubbed when we got back home and then I hung up a load of laundry in the basement.  

Having a lazy afternoon.  Euchre tomorrow after lunch.  

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy St. Patrick's Day.  It was sunny, cloudy, sunny with flurries and cloudy all in the space of a few hours.  Crazy weather.  

@twinny70 

Glenda, I'm glad that you enjoyed your wedding anniversary 

Champagne GIF - Find on GIFER

I'm sorry to read about the sudden loss in your Pastor's extended family.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, thanks for reminding me that we still have a wine cooler to drink when we are in the hot tub  We only do this twice a year.   NYE & our anniversary.  Might do it on Tuesday when it's warmer and sunny again.

Glenda

The weather was crazy around here too.  Windy, cold, sunny, warm.  

Fressa, so far the only nail polish that I don't like on my finger nails is the lilac one.  It's fine on my toes.  Not bad as I do like 3 out of 4.  I have 2 more to try out.  It doesn't take much to entertain me!

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

twinny70--Sorry to hear abut the loss of your Pastor's bil. 

Honored Contributor

Here lately I've been watching HSN.  They got me yesterday - I ordered their patio umbrella in the khaki pattern.  

Improvements 9' Double-Layer Printed Patio Umbrella with Base

The have a solar lamp that I am considering today, lol.

GB Home & Garden 58" Outdoor Solar Floor Lamp

The weather was psycho yesterday afternoon.  It was sunny and snowing up a storm at the same time. 

It's almost 4:30 pm and it just hit 32 degrees.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!   Glad you had such a nice anniversary trip, Glenda.  Sorry about your pastor's BIL.  

I liked that umbrella, Bernie.  Unfortunately, I found that umbrella's like that one just don't work well here in southern Arizona.  The weather is often way too hot or windy here.  

Glad you were able to bathe the dogs, Fressa.  Seems like the weather is going crazy in quite a few areas of the country.  It was only 35 when I got up this morning, so again I did an exercise DVD rather than take a walk.  It made it up to 73 degrees later.

"My" hospice patient was sleepy and a bit confused today, but we had a nice visit.  She really liked the little Easter basket and bunny I brought, and the piece of candy I gave her. 

There was plenty of work to keep me busy at the hospice office this afternoon, so I didn't have a chance to take a late afternoon walk.  Oh well....

My DD and SIL made it back to NC late afternoon, and they had a fairly long drive to their home in SC.  I am waiting to hear more about their visit with my DGS, his wife, and their twin grandchildren. 

Jean went to the orthopedist today and said that she will be returning in three weeks.  I think all is going pretty well.

Waves to Fressa, Bernie, Glenda, Susan, Barbara, and all of our posters and readers.

Hope everyone has a nice Tuesday.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama----That umbrella caught my eye, too. Great price and size including the stand. I've found a few outdoor items at HSN this year and have been very pleased with them all. Hope you enjoy your new umbrella.  

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte-

Tjanks for the update on Jean. The hospice office is lucky to have you. I 

Sounds like yourDD and SIL had a very long drive but what a great time with the twins. 

Our weather has been the same bit of crazy here as well. Yesterday was very cold and snow flurries were appearing in the afternoon. Nightime had wind gusts and snow was sticking to the grass. It's still cold but the sow has melted since the sun is out. The daffodils have fallen over from the weather snap. The crocus gave up weeks ago. So far the hyacinyhs are still standing the front porch garden.

The turkeys are back. Last night I had a large female turkey on the front porch pecking at the glass window. The herd is large. The seem to have a "summer place" in the woods.