Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MARCH 1)

Greetings, shopping friends. It is a beautiful sunny but nippy day. Spring is just around the corner, but as I consider that I remember the Storm of the Century (20th) took place in March dumping large amounts of snow, closing airports, and making road travel hazardous.

I had arrived in Atlanta the day before it hit, so I had a great view of empty freeways from my high floor room. People who arrived found themselves unable to get a room as people were unable to check out. Instead, room sharing with acquaintances who already had arrived like me became the norm. Restaurant meals were converted to buffet with limited options because the food trucks couldn't get in. We survived and life became more normal in two or three days.

I ventured to the local Dollar Store to pick up hand sanitizer and other necessities as I had heard hand sanitizer was hard to find in the city. There were three large bottles of the hand sanitizer left and two medium sized one. I bought one large bottle plus liquid handsoap as mine was nearing the bottom.  I also bought Advil with a long expiration date and toilet tissue. .Other than that, that is all I am doing in terms of being proactive in dealing with the virus thread. I can always use the hand sanitizer, hand soap. Advil and toilet tissue. 

After much deliberation over a couple of days, I ordered the QF crops that are on clearance. I already have them but after two years, they are now too big for me but can be worn around the house. I lost one pair of them in the August accident.

I can't see myself wearing lace pants so not purchasing the TSV was an easy decision. I can see the lace getting caught on something and pulled more than if it were a top or something with lace trim. Sometimes less is more!

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MARCH 1)

• Jean, it was so nice to have March  come in like a 🐑🐑🐑.  I can only remember having a blizzard on our anniversary once in all of these years.  The biggest snowstorm that I can remember was in April of 1973.  My DH always walked to work which was a good thing since we lived on a dead end & we were snowed in for 3 days.  It's a good idea to order the QF pants since they are on special & fit you nicely.  I can't see myself wearing lace pants either for your reasons.  I do like lace tops though.  I always keep a hand sanitizer in our vehicle & an extra one in the house.
  •  
  • I have no idea how the dots keep showing up.  I am certainly no artist drove downtown after church and potluck dinner & did my walk around the square. There were quite a few people eating at the various restaurants.

It's hot tub time.

Hugs to all of you.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MARCH 1)

Hi Everyone -- I had a thread going, and I am moving posts from this one to that one.

Linda