Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MAR 8)

Greetings, shopping friends. Hopefully, you will find your way to celebrate International Women's Day. I know that personally I am trying to avoid any purchases as this is an expensive month on other fronts. I will admit that I would like a white jacket.

It is a beautiful sunny day with the temps climbing back into a very acceptable range. I was up early and have gotten most of my steps in. I have lost another pound. No fad diet, just calories in and calories out with a well balanced diet.

I'm doing odds and ends around the house and am now settling in to binge watch NYPD Blue on Amazon Prime. For some reason, I never watched that show when it aired.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MAR 8)

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  We are having light rain (started last night) and it is gloomy here.  But, our temperatures are okay -- should make it up into the 60's today.

Glad it is sunny and warmer there, and you got your steps in already and have lost another pound.  Like you, I am trying to avoid any clothing or shoe purchases or other "wanty" purchases at this time.  But, I liked the TSV jacket.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice International Women's Day. 

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--I also liked the TSV jacket but it didn't have a wow factor  I had a white Denim  & Co. jacket once I really loved.  I would like one like it but not with a frayed hem.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, every pound lost is reason to celebrate.  I have a white jean jacket that I bought a couple of years ago from Kohl's.  It's a longer length than some which I like.  I also have it in a coral color.  We are having sunshine and 60's.  I hung out some laundry this morning and it dried quickly & smells so good.

Linda L, we are supposed to get rain tomorrow which we don't need.  The fields are still flooded from last fall & area rivers are very hugh.  It's a good thing that we live on a hill.

Bird Mama, yes, we do make the most out of life.  Our faith is what keeps us going.

Our early anniversary lunch yesterday was very nice except for the "missing link." Our DD bought a beautiful cake,so we both had a little piece.  My bfs DH was having a very rough time walking, so it's painful to see him struggle so much.

Chris is doing well in college, but he got a disturbing text message saying that one of the guys in his dorm was found dead on Thursday.  He doesn't know the student or what happened.  He is moving into an apt in May or June.

Drew likes school, his part-time job & his gf. He is one that needs to keep busy.  

Emily was doing good until she had to have her braces tightened on Thursday.  Her mouth hurts and she has trouble eating & talking.  She has a big forensics come competition on Saturday,  so she is praying that she can speak good by then.

The appraiser was at their house on Thursday so they know how much it's worth.  I am sad knowing that it will be going on the market.  He wants to stay in it & she wants to stay in it.  Our state is a no fault state which saddens our dsil.  The custody settlement looks like he will have the two younger dc for a week and then she will have them for a week until they are out of HS..  Thank goodness Chris is in college and Drew only has one more year of HS.

I am faithful in the Lord that things will work out.  Never in a million years did I ever think that this would happen after 23 years.

We had lunch out after church and just got out of the hot tub.  Aaaahh!  

Hugs to all of you.

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

We are having a beautiful day here today, we are at 60 degrees and sunny.  Even with the temps and sun, the wind puts a chill in the air.

Jean - Thank you for starting us today.  Great job on the weight loss and exercising.  I think the TSV is cute, but I don't like the hem or lack of it.

Linda - Sorry about the rain, but I bet you guys could use a little.

Twinny -  I am happy your anniversary dinner was so nice.  Sorry about the "missing link".  Glad everyone is liking school.

We went to the neice's 16th birthday party today.  Yes, I am feeling old.  It was a very nice party and she recieved very nice gifts (no, she did not get a new car).  She goes next weekend to take her test for her permit.  This should be interesting.

Well not much else is happening here, I think it's time to read.  Have a good afternoon everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Susan, It's been in the 60's and sunny here too.  I think that we are going to get rain tomorrow.

How much fun to go to your nieces 16th birthday party.  Our dgs's are 17 & 19 & didn't want a 16th birthday party, but they both got their drivers license 1-3 days after they turned 16.  So far so good without any fender benders.

One of our nieces is almost 19 & had a BIG 16th birthday party.  She got a bright blue 8 year old Mustang.  Her parents had a new rag top and leather seats put in it.    Her parents had it in a storage building for a few weeks until her birthday at which time her Dad drove it around the house with a huge "car bow on it.  I had to ask what a car bow was.  Lol.  She had 2 accidents with it and now has a white mustang convertible.  

My DH and I didn't have our first car until we got married.  We had both lived at home and used our parents cars.  I bought our first car and it was a 1966 Ford Galaxy & we got married in 1970.  

Trusted Contributor

Twinny -  The party was not a big one, just family members.  It was a nice party.