Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MAR 5)

Good morning, shopping friends It is a nippy but sunny day full of promise for each of us. I likely will go back to the city today to get my nails done and do the monthly grocery shopping.

I decided that I had done so well the past month that I treated myself to a want. F12254 in grey. I debated the red versus the grey. I have plenty of bags but like the way this one organizes as well as the reviews.

I used to track my expenses but this morning I decided to start doing it again. I developed a spreadsheet on Excel and entered yesterday's expenses. In addition to monitoring where the money goes, the spreadsheet also serves to alert me to an area or areas that need to be trimmed in the "want" areas. This represents money that can be spent on travel later, etc. or other prioritized wants.

It isn't the big expenses that we forget; it is the small ones that add up.  I saw an ad yesterday for McDonalds promoting any size of coffee for $1.00. That in itself doesn't sound bad but multiply it by 30 days for a coffee a day bought out, and you have $30. Foorget McDonalds but think about a daily Starbucks, etc. habit and think what can be saved in a month. I used to get a coffee to drink on the way home when in the city but quit that when I realiized how much I was spending.

We are all different and we all have different priorities for spending, but we all can manage our money to help us meet our priorities. Those $20 bill alerts that motivate us into buying another item may or may not be justified or it can be a waste of money. Rushing into buying is not always a good thing. I've been looking at that bag I purchased for over two weeks. Although it isn''t needed, I didn't rush into buying it. A little reward can be good if managed right.

Have a good day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MAR 5)

Good Morning @KonaKat.  I hope the nail salon isn't as crowded today.

I'm sitting here drinking some coffee and listening to music.  My middle sister and I will be going to see the movie The Shack today.  I have an idea of what it's about thanks to a co-worker.  It's not like I asked the plot, lol.  I mentioned that I wanted to see the film and this woman read the book and said, oh is that the story of the father who..............   I've known this woman for years and looked at her and said, thanks.  I bet you told your kids there was no Santa Claus, didn't you, rofl.

I still want to see that movie - it looks spiritual and life affirming.  I'll take kleenex with me in case it's a tear jerker.

I like the Lug bag that you chose.  It comes in pretty colors and it is kind of hard to choose.

I did some shopping yesterday.  I tried to maximize the ebates points and used my Amex so I would at least earn some points and cash while shopping.  I still have to remind myself to shop through ebates - it hasn't become habit yet.

I carry a buxton wallet complete with a checkbook.  That thing is big. I didn't have a crossbody bag and ordered this one from Macy's a few weeks back.

Image result for patricia nash avellino metallic

My Buxton wallet that I usually carry takes up most of the bag, ha ha.  I wanted something slimmer that had some kind of organization.  I'm not a matchy matchy person and I did see this slim wristlet that would fit in the bag, however I wasn't paying full price for it.  Well, Macy's had it on a pretty good sale:

Patricia Nash Metallic Paisley St. Croce Wristlet

Since Barely There/Hanes has discontinued my favorite bra, I've been eyeing some wireless ones from Vanity Fair.  JCP had them for $38 for the first and like $30 for the second.  On a lark, I checked Macy's while I was online there and they had the bra $38 for the first and the second 70% off.  There was also a bra promotion going on with a coupon.  Long story short - I ended up with 2 bras for $38.  I don't know if the bra will work out for me, but if it does, I basically got the bra I wanted for $19 a piece.

I then went cruising at JCP.

I've had my eye on this green jacket all season

Image result for ana faux fur trimmed belted parka

They wanted $172 for it - yeah like that's going to happen.  Finally dropped it to $50.99, I ordered it for under $40 - it came in talls and I want to see it in person.

I ordered a couple of pairs of pants for work for spring/summer:

Liz Claiborne Trousers Talls

Worthington Modern Fit Ankle Pants

Between discounts and $20 reward certificates (also 9% back ebates), I feel pretty good about getting 2 pairs of tall pants and a coat for $73.

I bought a bag from the Q last month - Oryany Kaley.  It's the most I've ever paid for a bag.  I bought it in olive and wondered if I should have ordered it in the bermuda sand or raspberry color.  Well both colors popped back into inventory last night.  I debated and debated and ordered the raspberry.  Once the order was in I said, Bernie have you lost your mind?  I cancelled the order.

I think I had a 10 minute lapse in judgement on that bag because when I checked my bank transactions I could see the federal refund in process of being deposited into my checking account.

I'm back on track and shopping bargains.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--You did very well with your shopping. I do like that bag. I think you will get into the eBates habit. I even go through it to book hotel rooms at my favorite chain, etc.Good job on controlling the impulse buying. The fact that you wanted a second bag of the same style but in a different color speaks to how satisfied you were with the original purchase. Enjoy the movie!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Image result for have a happy sunday pics

Esteemed Contributor

meallen---Thanks for the beautiful graphic.

It is a beautiful sunny day so I am now off to the city, a little over an hour drive one way but a beautiful day to do it.

Trusted Contributor

hello Ladies.....nice day here too...but it was only 10 degrees when I got up this morning....it's in the 20's now and nice and sunny.   I think later on in the week it will be getting warmer.  

HAve a nice time in the city Jean getting your nails done....I had seen a Lug bag the other day...I think it was on clearance...it was one of their overnight/ weekend one..I was tempted but resisted...maybe some day in the future.

Hope you are having a nice Sunday too Meallen.

Bernie I hope you like all your purchases....I like your pocketbook....especially print ...I usually get cross body bags,prefer them to any other kind.

Not much going on.....I went yo the store this morning and a spotted Nathan's corned beef,the only kind I buy....so now it's cooking in the pot!  I will probably buy a few more in the next  few week,they have a long refrigerator life and it's only sold around here before Saint Patrick's day.

that's about all. have a nice day, Marijane.

l

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane--I saw that Lug bag on clearance. It was more of an east-west bag than the north-south ones they are promoting now for travel. I like east-west bags but didn't need a travel one. I do like cross body bags so decided to try the Lug line with that cross body bag.

I was very focused on my activities in the city. Once I got my nails done, I headed for WalMart to buy groceries. I saw a lady with an air fryer in her basket and I was tempted to go explore it but stayed in the grocery section and bought only those things I consider healthy. I'm not a chip, etc. buyer.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  Thanks for getting us started, Jean.  That is a nice bag you ordered.  I know it is just because I have been watching too much Q, but I have become very interested in the Lug brand.  And, I even ordered an overnight bag in a pretty blue color.  Need to limit my "want" spending this month since it is DD's birthday month, and I like to give her nice gifts/gift cards.  This year, she wanted an Amazon gift card so she could purchase some new cookware -- most of hers is nearly 25 years old and could use replacing.

Glad you were able to get your nails done and groceries purchased today.  Also, glad you had a nice time with your friend yesterday.

It is cloudy and windy here, but warm (in the 70's again.)  Church ran long this morning, but I did make it to the gym and to DH's facility in time to feed him lunch.  As usual, he was happy to see me.

You certainly ordered some nice things, Bernie.  Hope the bras work out for you.  Love the purse.

Enjoy your corned beef, Marijane.  I doubt that I'll prepare on this year, but I'm going to a potluck on the 17th, and someone may bring one..  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--So I am not the only one getting interested in the Lug brand. I do hope you enjoy yours. I do know the reviews have been good. I always like a bag that organizes well. I'm glad that you were able to spend Sunday with DH.