Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MAR 29)

Greetings, shopping friends. It is a beautiful sunny day but we have high wind warnings issued for later today. After I post this, I'll go outside to walk on my sidewalks and driveway.

I go to the city tomorrow for the MRI appointment. I was called yesterday to remind me not to bring anyone with me to the appointment. They need not worry as I'll taking these restrictions seriously. The younger ones seem to be having a problem with it. In the city, they had to take down the basketball hoops on various courts as the kids were gathering together to play ball. Yes, it is an inconvenience to our normal lifestyle but a necessary one to prevent spreading the bug as much as possible.

When I go to the city tomorrow, I'll stop at the Post Office and get my Denim & Co. jacket that I ordered. I was only out once last week, and that was to pick up a prescription and the mail. Hopefully, tomorrow will be my only day out for this coming week. I am well stocked. Anything I would want would not be a need. For example, right now I am craving a dessert but I'm not going to the store just to pick it up.

Stay safe! Have a great day, and if you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MAR 29)

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Hope the winds don't cause any problems.  Good luck with your MRI and other errands tomorrow.  I am glad they are still doing the MRI.  I heard a story about a lady (lives in Washington State) whose breast cancer surgery was suddenly cancelled due to the virus, and it was aggressive breast cancer.  I think it was eventually re-scheduled, but.....

I have to say that I was pretty shocked at the change going out for my regular shopping on Friday versus the week before.  The roads and stores were much less crowded, and most people were really trying to keep their distance.  It is a major adjustment for me being home so much, but I am learning to live with it.  It is funny how cravings come up, and you need to tell yourself -- not now.  

I may be able to grocery shop even less often than once a week, which is very unusual for me.  I read that maybe all of us should consider wearing masks -- not those intended for health workers, but....  I don't have any masks, nor do I have a sewing machine, etc.  But, maybe I should try to rig something up for when I take my walks.  Glad that I can still take walks around the neighborhood at least.

Much to my surprise, both of my orders (D&Co. jacket and Bob Mackie top) have already shipped.  They are coming from PA, so I know it will take a while, but that was fast.

I plan to watch my church service on-line, and I have a little ironing to do.  It is a bit cloudy here, but should make it up into the 70's today.  I plan to take my walk after lunch.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Stay safe and have a good day.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jean, I am glad that you are having a nice 🌞🌞🌞 day.  It's been raining off and on since yesterday morning.  Starting tomorrow, we are supposed to be sunny and nice with rain predicted for mid week only.  Good wishes coming your way for your mri tomorrow.  Since you can't take a visitor with you for your appt. It's got me thinking whether my DH will be able to go with me for my next scheduled infusion on April 6th.  I have been worrying about this upcoming appt  & now I am more worried.  So far I haven't heard from the Meriter Infusion Center.  We have been doing grocery shopping when it's absolutely necessary.  We have enough food in the house for two weeks.  Last week we did go to 2 drive thru restaurants and we went to Taco Bell for a drive thru lunch a little while ago.  I hope that you enjoy your new jean jacket.  It's too bad that the younger generation are out trying to play basketball.  Our 3 dgc haven't had friends in for a few weeks and we all look forward to seeing each other when it's safe to do so.

We have been doing a few little projects in the house.  First on the agenda was taking the vacuum cleaner and cleaning the heater register in the ceiling of my bathroom.  It makes my bathroom toasty warm. 

Next on the agenda was to put the shower curtain up in my dh's bathroom that I washed yesterday.  Then I fixed a winter vest for my DH.  It was coming apart at the side seam.  My next project this afternoon is to hem a pair of dress slacks that I bought a long time ago.  Then my next project will be to make a new shade for my bathroom.  

it's amazes me that I can put off such simple projects.

Our lives certainly aren't exciting right now.  I talked to our ds last night  and he & our ddil are healthy and doing well.  I worry about Maria because she is a critical care nurse.  He knows that we worry about them,  but he thinks that the worst will be over with by Memorial Day.  I hope so too.

Hugs to all of you.

ETA: I forgot to tell you that I ordered a Trac Phone from HSN two nights ago.  It was the ts for $59.99 & I took the 3 year maintenance plan for $20.99.  It's got a 90 day return if I don't like it.  New electronics make me nervous, so I hope that I like it. My old Trac Phone will soon not be useable. I only use it for vacations which are on hold for the time being.  It's got 1,500 minutes/text etc.  I don't text now, but maybe I will on the new one.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LindaLatte wrote:

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Hope the winds don't cause any problems.  Good luck with your MRI and other errands tomorrow.  I am glad they are still doing the MRI.  I heard a story about a lady (lives in Washington State) whose breast cancer surgery was suddenly cancelled due to the virus, and it was aggressive breast cancer.  I think it was eventually re-scheduled, but.....

I have to say that I was pretty shocked at the change going out for my regular shopping on Friday versus the week before.  The roads and stores were much less crowded, and most people were really trying to keep their distance.  It is a major adjustment for me being home so much, but I am learning to live with it.  It is funny how cravings come up, and you need to tell yourself -- not now.  

I may be able to grocery shop even less often than once a week, which is very unusual for me.  I read that maybe all of us should consider wearing masks -- not those intended for health workers, but....  I don't have any masks, nor do I have a sewing machine, etc.  But, maybe I should try to rig something up for when I take my walks.  Glad that I can still take walks around the neighborhood at least.

Much to my surprise, both of my orders (D&Co. jacket and Bob Mackie top) have already shipped.  They are coming from PA, so I know it will take a while, but that was fast.

I plan to watch my church service on-line, and I have a little ironing to do.  It is a bit cloudy here, but should make it up into the 70's today.  I plan to take my walk after lunch.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Stay safe and have a good day.

Hugs,

Linda

Linda L, we have been doing our grocery shopping earlier on Thursday morning.  When we went 3 days ago, there was very very little traffic and maybe a hand full of people in the 3 grocery stores that we went to.  We were out and back in 50 minutes & that also included a trip to farm and fleet for K cups. Everybody was keeping a safe distance too.  I have a sewing machine and it's been used a lot today,  but I am not planning to make myself masks.  We are trying to be very vigilant about where we go & what we do.  I hope that you enjoy your jean jacket too.

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies. It's a terrible past few days here,rainy cold etc.  We had some snow showers yesterday morning.  I have ben staying in too except for Friday I made an unexpected trip with my DH to our Drs office.  He had been having pains in his knees and on Thursday started to use crutches to get around....he said on Friday morning he would call the Dr Monday..,I said no...I'll call now...so I called,they asked if we wanted to go into office or do a teleheath ,like FaceTime, with the dr...I said I would rather go into the office....which I was really afraid to do but.....he is only about 10 mi utes away from me in town...going there was weird because the streets were empty...stores closed etc.  No one was in his office so that was a relief.....anyway it looks like he has been having a bad attack of arthritis in both knees....has had problems with knee pain before,  it never was quite this bad....He is taking meds now,feels a little better now..the dr had called me later on in the day for me to call him Monday either way as to now he is feeling.....may have to change his meds etc.     I had to go out to the pharmacy to pick up the meds and while there did some shopping...pharmacy's is in supermarket.   The place was empty..shelves too...but fresh fruit, veggies and meat cases all stocked up.

I am trying to avoid watching too much news  Tv.....my DH has a Law and Order Marathon on now.....

Good luck on your MTI tomorrow...Jean.....Everyone stay safe....Marijane.     Susan I hope your DH is doing OK.

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane, we are getting a cold drizzle today, but 50's and sunny next week will be perfect for me. That's too bad about your dh's knee pain.  I hope that the meds work out.  Our grocery stores had very few people in them, but the only empty shelves were paper products.  We were able to get a pkg. of 18 rolls of tp at Aldi's.  Not our name brand, but we were glad to get them.

Starting tomorrow, we are going to start using cloth dinner napkins.  I have 15 of them and we used to use them for special occasions.  I just washed all of them.  Our dd made some of them and they have snowmen on then. They have only ever just used the cloth ones.  I can still remember when Christopher was two years old.  He would get a penny for each one that he folded right out of the dryer.  He would do 15 & then he was done.  Maybe that's why he is so good at Math & saving/spending $$$.  Lol.

Esteemed Contributor

Hope the medication helps your DH, Marijane.  My left knee has been hurting lately (arthritis). Fortunately, my OTC medication seems to help.

That is funny about the cloth napkins, twinny.  I have used them for years.  In fact, I have different sets for breakfast and dinner.  The breakfast ones came from the dollar store, and the others I either bought new or used at the thrift shop.  I used to put out one of each for DH and I, and we used the same one for a week unless they got dirty.  Probably better to only use them once these days. Also, I mostly use paper for lunch.   Since I have plenty of cloth napkins, I guess I will start using "fresh ones" for all meals now.

By the way, I don't think I'll bother with the masks after hearing what Barbara's doctor had to recommend on the subject.  Does not help, and I really don't like the idea.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--I didn't mean to cause you concerrn about your upcoming infusion. They likely will have your DH wait in the car as that was the option given me if I had to have someone with me.

Linda--I do hope you enjoy your orders when they arrive. It definitely is a time of adjusting and determining what items are truly needed and in what quantities to last. 

Marijane--It is good that your DH was able to see the doctor. I know those teleconference with a medical person are available here but for something I would consider serious, I would prefer face to face. 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, my infusions are about 3 hours long.  Sitting in the vehicle that long wouldn't be fun.  There are no open restaurants or nearby stores.  Right now I just hope that I can get it.  

Honored Contributor

I don't know if I mentioned it here or not.... when I called my endocrinologist last week Monday (I think) to ask if we were still on for my annual appointment on April 1st, after a couple of tries and finally getting a human being I was told oh she's not seeing people in person - it would be telemedicine.  I bit my tongue because I wanted to say - couldn't you post that information on your website? Woman Mad

Good thing I called because if I went on April 1st and saw no one there I would have come home and gotten popped the fee for not cancelling ahead of time.

I said, yea, I'm not doing the telemedicine thing.  Just reschedule an in person visit.  The girl said well you just do it on your phone.  I said oh I know what it is.  This is my annual exam and I suspect she's going to want to grope my throat to examine my thyroid and want an annual blood test.  Are you suggesting if I do telemedicine we''ll bypass the throat groping and blood work?  The girl said, well no.  I said how does it benefit me then?

We rescheduled for May 6th (in person) Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise