Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MAR 15)

[ Edited ]

Greetings, shopping friends. No panic buying today but I did buy 2 cans of coffee on sale, a jug of cat litter and a bag of cat food just in case. I can understand going without but I am not sure my cat would.

It is a dreary day which is not needed, but that is beyond my control. I plan to finish a book this afternoon, and just relax and later finish getting my steps in. 

Fressa posted this on yesterday's thread: Birdmama:--Thanks so much for your advice. I'm a semi shoe nut myself. Normally, I do not like wide leg pants for me but with it looking more like a skirt I thought I could wear it to a wedding regardless of the time. I thought I should think ahead for these few things that might happen so I'm ready and do not have that "panic" buying. Crossing my fingers that they fit.  

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MAR 15)

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  It is sunny here and should make it up to the 70's.  I think they are predicting cooler and wetter weather later in the week, but I'll enjoy today.

Did you order the coffee through Amazon?  I think I have enough coffee to last for a while, but I might consider a purchase just in case.  As some of you know (via Facebook), all of our recreation facilities (including the "fitness centers") are closed until at least April 1st.  I kept debating purchasing an elliptical machine like yours yesterday, and decided to go ahead and order today.  It should be here on Wednesday.  

Glad you are getting your steps in.  I plan to take a walk after lunch.  I watched a little of the first church service on FB, but I will watch my usual one later.  

There are many unknowns at this time, and unknowns can lead to stress and fear.  So, I'm doing my best to calm my mind as best as I can. 

Today was DH's birthday, and I'm trying to focus on our good times together rather than his passing.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have a nice day everyone.

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Jean - Thank you for starting us today.  Can't run out of coffee, so I would say that was a necessity.  We are having a very sunny, but cool day here. We had about an inch of snow this morning (it did look pretty), but now it is melted.  I looked very pretty only because it did not stick on the roads.  Good luck getting your steps in today.

Linda -  I still envy your temps.  I would love to have a 70 day.  Next week we may get very close to that - I can't wait.  Happy Birthday to your DH in Heaven.

DH and I have decided to stay close to home for a while.  We do have doctors appoinments to go to, but not much else.  As with many other areas, our schools are closed down until the end of March and all extra activities around are being cancelled.   Good thing I have a stack of books that need read and a bunch of puzzles to do.   Oh yeah, I do have a house I can be cleaning.  

Hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Honored Contributor

Hello, aside from schools, the local library, senior center, new community center and city hall is closed in my town through the end of the month or the first week in April. 

I've been watching the Decades TV weekend series binge of Police Woman with Angie Dickinson.  I'd forgotten how popular the word turkey was back then Woman Very Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, it's a cloudy day here, but it's supposed to be 🌞🌞🌞 this afternoon and again tomorrow.  It's been quite for  this whole month.  I don't need coffee, I have a lot of K cups and love our new Keurig.  It's a beautiful red/maroon & goes great with our stainless steel appliances.  I am wanting to buy some new dishes with roosters on them.  I have seen a few different ones at the outlet store in our hometown.  I have a book that I want to get read by tomorrow morning so I can take it back to the senior center & give it back to my dh's cousin.  She is a receptionist and It's book 4 from a 4 book series.

Linda L, we have been having mild weather until yesterday when we got 1 1/2" of snow on the grass.  Everything was a beautiful white, but it's melted already.  As far as I know, our senior center is still open.  Have fun with the elliptical machine.  It's nice that you have so many good memories with your late husband.

Fressa, I think that the wide leg pants would be nice for any dressy occasion.  I don't remember if you are short or tall.  I am only 5' 1" tall and would love a pair like that for "just in case. "

Susan, we got 1 1/2" of snow on the hot tub yesterday.  My DH had to shovel it off last night before we got into the hot tub with our Very Berry Wine Cooler.  Lol.  We are staying very close to home except for a trip to the gym each week day which has had very few people there.  We don't have any Dt. appointments except eye appointments tomorrow morning.  We haven't been out of the house since Friday morning.  We did a little bit of grocery shopping.  Nothing being hoarded was on the list.

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, as far as I know, our library, senior center & city hall are all open.  Schools are all cancelled for at least two weeks & our spring break doesn't really start for a couple of weeks.  

Our 2 HS dgc are on Spring break starting yesterday & I don't know when they will be going back to HS.  Christopher is on his college spring break this week too & doesn't know if or when he can finish the semester.  were

Despite staying in the house until we feel that It's safe to go anywhere, we are finding plenty of things to do in the house.

Our 50th wedding anniversary yesterday was quiet,  but all good.  My DH picked up a carry out pizza from our favorite pizza place for dinner last night.  He said that the bar was full, but only one couple was in the dining room.  The restaurant that we were going to go to 1 block away was busy for 3 blocks each direction with cars,  so it's a good thing that we celebrated at home.  Since yesterday was pi Day, we enjoyed a piece of cherry pie.  Yum.  Yum.  My favorite.

Since the Firemen's Dance was cancelled last night, we did a little dancing around the house.  We have been practicing for a few weeks and can do a nice job.  Then this morning as soon as we got up, I turned the radio 📻 on & the first song was "Happy Anniversary," so we were dancing around here again.  I was crying happy tears.  It's been such an emotional year and a half for both of us.

Since we are staying in so much right now, we started spring cleaning yesterday morning.  So far we have done the entrance way closet,  kitchen, dining room and living room.  The walls and dishes are all clean. Things that we haven't used for a long time went into the garbage bin & a few things for St. Vincent's.  I have no problem with tossing things out.  Its been a while since we have pulled all of the furniture away from the wall.  The countertops have been sanitized with chlorox wipes.

Starting tomorrow, it will be one room a day until we are done.  It's too bad that I don't like cooking as much as I like to clean house.  It's amazing how many little things I can find to do around here.  Once it gets warm, I have no energy, so I have to "strike while the iron is hot."

It's kind of nice not having sports on TV.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--I bought the coffee at the local supermarket. It is frustrating when centers you rely upon close. I do hope you enjoy your exercise machine you ordered.

Fressa--I considered those wide leg pants but was concerned about the length if not wearing heels. Enjoy them.

Susan--With everything shutting down, we are going to have time to do things around the house, provided we have the motivation.

Twinny--Congrats upon your 50th Anniversary. You found a way to celebrate it despite closures and virus threats. One room a day cleaning is a good goal and example for us!

Bernie--I had forgotten about the series "Police Woman." You are close to Ohio so some of the actions there may spill over to your area.

I spent the afternoon watching "Containment," a series on Netflix which deals with a virus outbreak. The governor of Ohio, 50 miles from me, has announced closure of all sit down eating restaurants. Only carry out will be permitted. 

Our state still doesn't have any confirmed cases but that is a result of lack of testing supplies, and also the fact many of our people have a tendency to not go to the doctor for colds, etc but fight it at home unless the lungs become involved to the point breathing is an issue. As our governor said, "It is out there; we just don't know where."

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.