Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MAR 10)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a beautiful sunny day with showers in the past and warmer temps in the present.

I'll not be buying the TSV. Why? I already have the smaller one and it works well. I'm trying to resist any garden purchases today.

I have an appointment with the orthopedic tomorrow morning so I can get a cortisone shot before the trip as the knee is starting to protest and I want to reduce potential problems while on the trip. In the evening, I have an appointment with my primary physician for the routine 3 month checkup and lab results.

I paid estimated taxes this morning, and did other financial things to make sure all was completed before the trip. I don't want any last minute things to take over the week before the trip. I leave on the 25th but I want the week before that a week of relative relaxation and minimal work.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, MAR 10)

[ Edited ]

Jean @KonaKat  Thanks for starting the thread.

For those who live in a state that adopted daylight savings time, welcome to the longer days.

A couple of years ago I decided to change how I look at DST.  I do nothing with the clocks the night before DST begins or ends.  I go to bed and get a good night's sleep and the following morning, once I am awake and having my coffee, I decide to give up or regain an hour of my early morning.

Last night I slept for 8 hours.  There is nothing that man or the government can do to change that - I was unconscious for 8 hours Woman Very Happy

We had some weird weather starting last night.  The wind picked up, we got freezing rain, then the temps went up to the 50's, the rain stopped freezing and this morning the temps started to drop.  Wind is consistent.

Many in the country have it worse weatherwise so I count my blessings.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--I am one of those who likes Daylight Savings Time simply because the extra light at the end of the day gives flexibility in doing things in our area. When working, it is difficult to go to the city without encountering darkness on the return, something that is not good on narrow, treacherous roads. I never change the clock on the car as it helps to remind me in the Winter to leave the city by 3:30 to 4pm to avoid darkness in the Winter. The change doesn't bother me that much as my body basically operates on Daylight Savings Time year-round.

I remember as a kid that our state had not adopted Savings Time, so when most of the nation went on Savings Time, all the TV programs then came on an hour earlier. As a result, I got to see programs that I once didn't because they came on too late.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad you are taking care of doctors appointments, etc. before your trip.  Good idea to have all the possible issues covered so you can just relax and enjoy your trip.  Relax may not be the right word here, since I know you have lots of plans, but.....  No TSV for me either.  I have considered that device before, but keep thinking about possible issues like where it would be placed, etc.  Most of my issue is with small flying bugs that start near my plants in the Arizona room.  At this point, no bugs, but I don't have some of the usual culprits (like basil) there now.

It is sunny here and it should reach 70 degrees today, but it is supposed to get quite windy later.  At least it wasn't as cold this morning as yesterday.  The predicted weather for this week is not good (according to my standards), but hopefully, this will be the end of our cooler than normal temperatures.

HI Bernie.  Sounds like you have come up with a good solution for the time change.  You slept well last night, which is great.  As you probably know, we do not change to DST in Arizona (at least most of it), so now we are three hours behind Q time.  There are pluses and minuses to the extra hour behind time, but not much I can do about it.

My hospice visit went well yesterday -- the patient was very sweet and very tiny.  We did some coloring and looked at some kids picture books of musical instruments.  I was surprised that she could still read, and do some coloring.  After an hour or so, I think she was getting a little restless/tired, but we did okay for another hour.  I asked if I could hug her, and she agreed.  So nice.  I hope to be able to visit her next Saturday.

Nothing exciting here.  I will be going to church and the gym plus I have a little ironing to do.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers. Hope everyone has a nice Sunday.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--I am glad that your hospice visit went well. It seems that your client and you have established a great rapport. I'm sure that she will be looking forward to your visits.  Regarding Daylight Savings Time, last year when we went to England, we had already changed to Savings Time. While we were in England, it switched to Savings Time. There were signs all over the hotel warning visitors of the time change. I guess it is whatever time it is where you are regardless of others. Right now, it is 3:55am on Monday, March 11 in Sydney.

Honored Contributor

Aww Linda @LindaLatte   I'm so glad that you had the opportunity to meet your hospice patient yesterday.  Hugs are so good Heart

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, good luck with your appointment tomorrow.   We don't have a lot of bugs here, so no TSV here either.    It's a good idea to take care of bills so you don't have to worry about them while you are vacationing.  I am sure that you will have a great time.

Bird Mama, I love DST.  It's so nice to have more light in the evenings.  We set our clocks ahead one hour just as we were getting in bed.  My DH always sleeps like the dead and morning seemed to get here much quicker.  We both had the best of both worlds.  We had rain most of the afternoon yesterday and then we got an inch of snow.  Today it's a mess.  I despise rain this time of the year.  Snow is so much easier to deal with.  I am sure that lots of area towns will have to deal with flooding. Thank goodness our home is at the top of a hill.

Linda L, I am glad that your hospice visit went so well & it was so nice to hear about the hugs.  She sounds like a very nice lady.  When my mom was in her assisted living home, there was the nicest 80# lady.  She loved my DH and always told him to come sit down by her.  She never knew how old she was, but we had so much fun saying nursery rhymes with her . She had been an Art teacher for a long time and she drew & colored some beautiful pictures.  She was originally from IA & she always had to sing the IA school song.  

It's a cloudy day with sunshine this afternoon.  It's supposed to be in the 50's by Wednesday and then a few days of rain.  

We had a good time at the HS musical last night.  Not a very big crowd because of the girls basketball game going on at the same time.  The girls got beat, but they did get the silver trophy.  

We went to church and had lunch out.  Nothing else exciting going on around here. 

Tomorrow I am going to pay the attorney & have them scan the legal papers that our DD signed on Friday.  Then the original copy will be put into the lock box.  

I am getting my next infusion on Wednesday & my hair cut on Thursday morning.  Then we hope to start traveling in May.

Hugs to all of you.

Trusted Contributor

Hi friends, Jean - thank you for starting our thread today.  No TSV for me either.  We don't have that big of an insect problem (unless you count flies near the goat pens, but we use disposable stinky fly traps down there).  Hope the shot in the knee goes fine, as well as all the other preparation before your vacation.  Bernie - freezing rain - BRRRR!  Linda - glad to hear that you got to spend time with a sweet hospice patient.  twinny - it's also a mixture of sunshine and clouds here.  Sounds like the HS musical was nice to attend.

Not much going on around here today, which is fine with me.  I seem to be fairly caught up on things.  Tomorrow I'm going in for the 2nd part of my root canal.  Hope that goes well, because I want it done and over with.  

Waves to all  ~ Charlene