Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, JUNE 9)

Good Sunday Morning, Ladies.  We have another hot and dry day in store.  Apparently, Wednesday and Thursday will be very hot here (105 plus).  After waking up in a sweat last night, I decided to turn down my thermostat just a little.  Hopefully, that will do the trick. 

Should be another quiet day here, which is okay by me.  It was okay on my walk this morning, but I need to get out a bit earlier in this weather since it can be pretty hot early in the day.

Jean mentioned Jill Bauer leaving the Q, and like Jean, I am sorry to see her go.  She seems like a nice, down to earth person.  Hope she enjoys her new endeavors.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. I kept thinking about printed pants, and found a pair marked down to $10 at the local Ross.  If I like them, I may try another pair, but I thought it best to take it slow.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, JUNE 9)

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. Your weather sounds wonderful to me. I did get a chuckle out of your "going slow" with the printed pants. We put our toe in the water before jumping into a big mistake.

My beloved Midnight was playing with me on Friday and I guess I got a little carried away with the slicking and petting or may have hit a sensitive spot. He snapped and bit my little finger. Yes, it bled but I washed it, stopped the bleed and then put antibiotic ointment on it and decidedd to keep an eye on it. In the meantime, I researched the internet on cat bites and saw some pics and descriptions that  do make you realize how bad these can be. When I awakened on Saturday morning, I saw I had a problem as the finger was swollen and a little gross looking.

I couldn't see anyone locally fast so since I had an appointment in the city later I decided to go to Med Express there. I ended up with a tetanus shot, an antibiotic shot and a ten day supply of antibiotic pills to take. Apparently this can spread rapidly, so I'm supposed to keep the hand elevaterd above the heart. In the meantime, poor Midnight doesn't know what he did; he was just acting defensively. It is said that owners experience more bites from dogs than cats but the cat bites are more dangerous and infect more people. Now, if Midnight had not had all his shots, I would have be stuck with rabies treatment.

I had to go back to have the hand checked today. It appeared to be a little better but the bacteria is still lurking in my system which is why it takes ten days of the antibiotic to wipe it out. I left with all the warning signs and what to do if problems start.

Well, that was my fun weekend. I did go to WalMart and get groceries after my visit to Med Express today and Midnight spent some time on my lap when I returned  home.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hi Linda @LindaLatte   I was up at 5:30 this morning and when I stepped out to feed the birds and squirrels I could definitely tell that the humidity was higher.  Glad I did the yard work yesterday Woman Very Happy

It's ironic; I watched the Q more when I worked full time.  I wish Jill the best and will miss seeing her.  I bought quite a bit of sterling silver from her when I first started watching the Q.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow Jean @KonaKat  I'm sorry you had to seek medical treatment for Midnight's bite.  Better to be safe than sorry.  I did my grocery shopping today.  

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie: I slso enjoyed and bought silvet from Jill. I will miss her. Cat bites are more serious than I thought previous to this. Just one posting:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxaef3uTMOM
**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

@KonaKat    Woman Surprised  Woman Surprised

Many, many years ago (think early 1980's) my dog Spottie and my Ma's dog Benji (they lived in the same house) got into it in the kitchen.  Benji got jealous of Spottie getting too close to my Ma.  Of course, I stuck my arm in the middle of it to break it up.

To this day, I sincerely don't know which dog bit me on my skinny forearm, lol.  There were puncture wounds and I did what I always do, went into the bathroom, poured hydrogen peroxide on it, let it bubble, washed it with dial soap and went about my business.

I'd say a few days went by when the red streaks started to develop on my arm.  Urgent care was not a thing then.  I went to the ER.  Worst part was the doctor using surgical soap and I swear a sandpaper block Woman LOL to debride the wound Woman Mad

The whole time the ER doctor is telling me I have to report the dog bite.  That was the first time I was prescribed a week's worth of Augmentin.  It was also back in the day when the doctor was done with you, you more or less stopped by the front desk to make sure you didn't owe anything and then you left.  

I took the blank dog bite form with me and pitched it at home.  It wasn't the dog's fault and I was not reporting either dog.  They were vaccinated so I knew I'd be okay from a rabies perspective.

Esteemed Contributor

Really sorry the bite was more serious than you thought, Jean.  Hopefully, all will be better after you finish with the antibiotics.  I have never been bitten by an animal, but when I was in elementary school one of my friends bit me above my upper lip.  It was not on purpose -- we were both trying to catch the same ball, and she had her mouth open.  Anyway, I ended up going to the doctor, and he gave me a tetanus shot plus several stitches above my lip.  I remember it being painful, but he did a good job.  

Esteemed Contributor

I should go into Ross' for it is on my walk. Good buy you got for the pants. I won't pay the price here. Can afford them but won't have money left if I live longer than 81. Not paying $50 or $60. Come on Q bring your specials down and not the same ol things.

Honored Contributor

Hey @halfpint1  if you have some department stores along the way on your walk I would definitely advise browsing in them.  The Q has pretty things however my favorite (Denim & Co) became too rich for my blood when I was working full time.  Now that I am retired, I'm definitely more particular where I spend my money.