Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, JUNE 23)

Good Sunday Morning, Ladies!  It is hot and dry here, but it was quite pleasant (not too hot) on my walk this morning.  

My hospice visit went well yesterday, but my patient's caregiver is unsure of their plans for the next couple of weeks, so I'm not sure if I'll be visiting next week.  He promised to call if he would like me to do so.

I find some of the sports programs my patient watches to be rather interesting.  I am not a golfer and I have no plans to take up the game.  But, we watched a program where a pro demonstrated how to make various swings.  Like I said, while I do not plan to play golf, the demonstrations were interesting, and I really liked the young lady who was the "student".

I managed to do my Saturday chores plus my ironing yesterday, so I am thinking of doing some cleaning later today after going to church and the gym.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  I hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.  Anyone make some fashion purchases lately?

Hugs,

Linda

Valued Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, JUNE 23)

Hello All,

Very warm here.

@LindaLatte:  I just wanted to mention that I downloaded a great book on my Kindle.  It is "The Caregiving Wife's Handbook:  Caring for Your Seriously Ill Husband, Caring for Yourself by Diana Denholm.  I thought in your volunteer capacity it might be a good book to know of.  My husband is not terminal but has multiple chronic medical issues.  This book has been invaluable to me.  It follows 5 women through their journey in carning for their husbands and covers several topics from dealing with family, dealing with financial issues, family conflict with opinions on care conflict etc.   I really respect what you are doing so that I would give this book a  mention.

I am watching QVC today, it is kind of a mindless activity while I do some things on the computer.   I have streamlined my caregiving routine and it is less time intense plus his recovery is progressing so that has helped significantly. 

I hope everyone has a great Sunday!   Gayle

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the tip, Gayle.  I'll pass informationabout this book on to the leader of my Caregivers group since many of the participants are ladies who are caring for their husbands.  As you know, it is not easy to care for yourself when you are so focused on caring for your husband.  Glad your husband is getting a bit better.

Trusted Contributor

Hello friends - big (((hugs))) going out to those of you who are, or who have been, caregivers.

Yesterday Bernie asked if we've bought any clothes lately, and the item that came to mind was a Bob Mackie top (printed black lace design over a cranberry background) that I bought inexpensively on ebay.  It is the same as a top I already own, except a size smaller.

We had fun yesterday at the Scottish games.  The traffic getting there on the freeways wasn't fun, but the rest of the day was nice.  I've never seen so many men wearing kilts in my life, and I gotta tell you, they looked mighty nice, lol!!!  I bought a plain black kilt to send to my DS.  Hope it'll fit, though I do not know whether he'll have the nerve to wear it. My DS's undergrad degree was earned at a university where their mascot was the highlanders.  The school offered free bagpipe lessons to students.  My DS kept saying he was going to take some lessons but never got around to it. I wish he had, as I love listening to bagpipes.  And no, I "didnae" eat any haggis.  I would have, if my DH or DD was willing to share it with me.  Next year I hope we go again, and I'll try it.  I just ate a bland meat pie.

Today I'm doing some easy chores and reading.  Hope you all have a great day!  ~ Charlene 

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. It takes a very  special person to work with those with terminal illness or even multiple illnesses which as Gayle said are not terminal but still present a challenge to the caregiver.

I went to the city today to have lunch with a friend who I hadn't seen for a while. I haven't bought any fashions lately as in past two weeks but I did wear the Denim and Company beach pants with a Susan Graver top.

I've been trying to avoid watching QVC to lessen temptation. I successfully resisted buying the Clarks sandals I saw presented. I wore a pair of Vionic sandals today which I have had for two years. Instead of keeping QVC on for entertainment or background noise, I've been watching those great older TV series while doing paperwork, sorting, etc. Right now as I type this, I'm watching "The Last Shp" thanks to Hulu.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.