Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, JUNE 18)

Good morning, everyone. It is a beautiful, sunny Father's Day. Those of you  who sitll have living fathers, treasure the time you have together.

I received the Halston cardigan which is a winner. I believe Linda ordered the tank. I'm not a tank person so I'll be wearing it with solid colored tops that match it. I also received the Denim & Co. top A278986 which is a great fit. This is one of those tops that creates the urge to have more in different colors. The reviews are great. I saw a pic of me on FB wearing a print D&C top. I love that top and still have it; the pic is 3 years old. I take good care of my clothes so they  last

I'm doing odds and ends around the house after a day in the city yesterday. I talked with my niece and she is in the process of getting ready to book the flight to London. This trip will be motivation for us to both carefully consider our expenditures so we can fund the trip without guilt. We both try to save up so that we have money to pay for the trip when the expenses hit the card.

Have a great day If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, JUNE 18)

Image result for happy fathers day in heaven images

Esteemed Contributor

meallen--Thank you for the lovely graphic. My father died at the age of 87. I have very good memories and he lives on in me  and my memories.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hello, I slept in this morning (8:30) and need to get off of dead center and go to the grocery store.  If I don't go first thing, I seem to get distracted, lol.

To all the fathers out there - Happy Father's Day

On Friday, I called my mortgage company to ask a simple question about the statement due August 1st.  I like to think that things happen for a reason, even when they are unpleasant.

I was transferred to Victoria who had quite the condescending attitude.  

I told her - Victoria, it ends today.

And with that, I paid the final balance due on the mortgage via my checking account (over the phone).  It's not real yet to me because the transaction is not reflected online in my banking information.  

Until I see the financial transaction completed with my bank, there remains an opportunity for the transaction to go sideways, lol.

So, to my father who has been in heaven for 10 years now - Daddy, I did it.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Likw you, I hope those of you who have Father's around (either yours or Father of your children) have a great time with them on this special day.  My Dad passed away at age 78, and I still think of him often.  Very good man.

I did receive my Halston top, and I really like it.  Glad you like the cardigan version, Jean.  I'm still considering the cardigan, but I want to see how much ironing is needed.  I know some do not ironing, but I can't deal with wrinkles and do not do steaming.  Also glad you like your other top, Jean.  I tend to keep my clothes for quite a while as well.

Lovely graphic, meallen.  Thanks for sharing.

Congratulations to you, Bernie!  I know you will need to see it, but I am very glad you made it.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  It is a very hot day here, and I was pretty war just walking to my car after church.  Thank goodness it was okay on my early walk.  Next I am headed to the gym, and then I'll visit DH.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie-Congrats upon paying off the mortgage. Yes, there is nothing like seeing the transaction posted with a zero balance.

Linda--I'm happy you like the Halston purchase. I'm very allergic to ironing but will steam items. Enjoy your gym visit as well as your visit with DH.

I'm going through clothes, many of which are in excellent shape Apparently my tastes have changed or I prefer something else as these have not been worn in months. Part of me wants to keep them but another wants to give them away. I do believe someone else will benefit from them. I saw  on FB a local lady who had gone through her closets and had bagged 6 bags of clothes from the family. Now, that is motivation.