Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, JUNE 16)

[ Edited ]

Happy Father's Day!  For those who are lucky enough to have a Dad still living, I hope you are able to spend some time with him in person or on the phone or computer.  Also, hope your husbands, brothers, Uncles, sons, and others who are Dad's have a nice day.  I realized that my Dad passed away nearly 30 years ago.  Still miss him.

My new hospice patient, her son, and her granddaughter are very nice.  She enjoys all sorts of sports, so we spent time watching a sports channel on TV.  I don't have this premium channel at home, so it was a treat for me.  I'll be visiting her again next Saturday.

I managed to get the laundry and ironing done yesterday, so I have one less thing to do today.  That is fine with me.  In addition to going to church and the gym, I'll be going to my widows group this afternoon.

After seeing the TSV presentation, I was thinking about changing my order to a different pattern, but my dress had already shipped.  That is very fast.  Hopefully, I will like the aqua one that I ordered.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Please post if you have a chance, and have a nice day.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, JUNE 16)

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread, and also the reminder to enjoy time with fathers while you can. You certainly have a busy day ahead. I hope you enjoy the TSV when it arrives.

I haven't seen the TSV presented but I did like the video on the home page showing the different ways it could be worn and accessorized. If I ordered it, I would have to wear it with a shrug, cardigan or jacket as I don't do sleeveless. I have a problem with armhole sizing plus my upper arms don't look the best.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hi Linda @LindaLatte   The TSV is nice and I for think that you can never go wrong with a paisley pattern.  It's good that you and your new hospice patient hit it off so well.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hello there Jean @KonaKat   After Julia Roberts made it popular, I bought a dress from JCP that looked just like the one she wore in the film Pretty Woman.

Image result for julia roberts pretty woman polka dot dress

Sometimes I'd put a white looser knit pullover sweater over the top of it when I'd wear it to work.  It was that or freeze in the A/C.

A person can really work with a sleeveless dress to get multiple looks out of it.

I need to buy a new table lamp for the family room.  The one I've been using has got to be more than 15 years old and it finally petered out yesterday afternoon.  It was one of those that could accommodate a 3 way bulb which I rarely if ever used.  I noticed that I seemed to be going through light bulbs quicker than usual and yesterday when I turned the lamp on (it was overcast and dark) I thought I saw a flicker.  I left the room to do something and when I walked back in I thought why is it quiet in here?

The TV and lamp were off.  I thought maybe I was losing it and really didn't turn the lamp on after all Woman Frustrated so I grabbed the remote and tried to turn the tv on - nothing.

I unplugged the lamp and went to check the circuit breakers in the panel in the basement and sure enough I had to reset it.  TV came back on and all was well.

The table is not large and I like to keep some magazines on it so I don't want a lamp with a big footprint.  I do want it to be in the 20-24 inch range like the one that putzed out.  I'm keeping the putzed out lamp until I get the replacement because so many lamps are sold without harps these days.

I also like my lamps and such to have the UL (underwriter's lab) sticker on the cord.  Last night, on a lark I decided to hand wash the lampshade.  Lampshades today can be so cheap.  I threw some clorox 2 and bit of All (free) detergent in a bucket and submerged the shade (top down) as far as it could go then carefully washed it.  Once rinsed, I rigged it so I could hang it over the utility tub to drip dry.

Wow that lampshade looks beautiful today Woman Very Happy

So basically, when I get around to it (I found a spare lamp in the meantime) I just need the lamp.

Esteemed Contributor

Is anything costing in the 20's or under on the specials anymore. I use to buy under $20 tees mostly but not lately. I will not pay $50 for clothes--tax and mail included. 

Honored Contributor

These days @halfpint1   the $20 bill alert is for the easy pay Woman Sad

Esteemed Contributor

Not for me then. I have my own credit card that gives me money for what I have spent that month. Reminds me better call them up and ask for it to be on my next bill.

Honored Contributor

hey @halfpint1   did you see that Jean (KonaKat) paged you on yesterday's thread about the cat motif handbag?  Do you want her to ask her friend (who sells it on ebay) if she has any more?

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, my dad has been gone for 28 years.  My mom just 3.  Yes, I miss them, but they are in a much better place & together ❤❤❤ again.  I hope that we have made them proud.  I did the laundry on Friday & don't iron very often.  I am glad that you have a nice Hospice patient with a nice family.  I like the tsv dress, but I don't need another dress.

Jean, I don't do sleeveless anymore either.  I wear a shrug, cardigan or jacket.  

Bird Mama, cute polka dot dress.  I hope that you can find a lamp that you like. I would never have thought to dunk a lampshade.  

halfpint, I still remember ordering 2 pairs of capris, or 2 tops for $50.  I think that most of the prices are ridiculous.  I have been to the Lancaster, PA several times and have bought a lot of clothing & shoes in the $10-20 range each at the most.  I even got a SG fleece reversible coat for $12.50 in the Apple green/navy which I wanted in the worst way, but It was sold out so I paid $45 to get the pink chocolate brown. Rats!

Our dd & her family came down & we had a good lunch at our favorite Italian restaurant.  Some of us had 🍕🍕🍕, one had a shrimp basket, one had the cod dinner & our dd had some kind of pasta.  She has leftovers for supper.  She  had an upset stomach after going to 3 graduation parties yesterday.  She has been to 12 of them so far.  Christopher has been to over 20 so far.  It's a good thing that his party is in July.I

It's been drizzly part of the day.  At lunch Drew informed me that he had his drivers license with him and a helmet as did his Dad.  That meant that they wanted to  drive our mopeds.  No accidents so that was a good thing. They said that they had a LOT of people wave at them.  Since it was Drew's first time, they started at the HS parking lot and then advanced to the downtown square. 

My DH just got up from a good nap.  

We had a fun time last night. I wore my new red skort and white top.  I asked my DH if I was too old to wear a skort.  He said NO.  It was just above my knees and I am short.  The broasted 🐔🐔🐔  & salad bar were good &  we have leftovers for supper.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70   I've had lampshades that are fabric on the outside and look plastic on the inside.  The lampshade from the petered out lamp is beautiful fabric on both sides.  I figured I had nothing to lose - if I ruined it okay then I would buy a new lampshade too.  This lampshade is so well made I had to try it.  I'm so glad I did.