Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, JUNE 14th)

Happy Flag Day!   I always remember that this is the day when my parents purchased their home (I was only six months old).  And, they never moved from my childhood home.  Unfortunately, it was torn down after my Mom's death and replaced with a "Mc Mansion", but....

Anyway, I noticed a few of my neighbors were making a special effort to put out their flags this morning.  Like yesterday, I got out early, and it wasn't too hot.  But, they are predicting a hot and dry weather again today with a high of 101.  I will be using my new fan, but I also decided I needed to turn down the AC another degree (both day and night).  My electric bill will no doubt increase, but I seem to be increasingly bothered by the heat.

My Snapware storage set (lunchtime special) came yesterday, and I am very pleased.  It was good buy, plus I like the sizes and combination of glass and plastic containers.

Nothing exciting planned today -- church service on the computer plus a little ironing later.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, JUNE 14th)

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. I had forgotten what the date was and its significance. It is good that so many are showing their patriotic spirit today. We need some unity brought back. I do hope your fan works well in conjunction with the AC.

It is  lazy Sunday here. I slept a little better last night but still feel tired.  Right now, I'm watching some Amazon Prime which is better than buying. I'm just waiting for the magic words to entice me into buying something not a need. I just have so much stuff here that I don't need to add to it other than the bras I bought on sale yesterday with free shipping. I'm increasing the time

I go without the sling while sitting as it does help with the weight and pull on the neck. I am allowed to do that now while sitting.  I accidentally reached for something behind me with my left arm and didn't feel the pain I did before the surgery but there are other movements when I do my home PT exercises that are a little uncomfortable.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, there are quite a few flags flying around here.  I dressed in red and blue for my walk this morning.  It was in the beautiful cool mid 60's, but I was still looking for the shady side of street.  It's supposed to be in the 80's starting on Tuesday,  so I am enjoying getting out now while I still can.  I haven't heard of those containers that you just purchased.  

Jean, it's good that you can take off your sling each day for a while.  

No big plans today.  Just sitting out on the porch and reading a book.  My bff gave me a series of 6 books "Yada Yada Prayer Group. "  She enjoyed them, so I hope that I do too.  She is having a terrible time with her DH.  He gets into everything & puts things everywhere but where they belong.  Last night he put the t.v.remote into the microwave.  She smelled plastic and the house stunk all night.  He constantly talks to a person that's not in the house.  He wakes her up 2-3 times a night asking when he needs to take his meds.  I feel so bad for her.  She needs to take care of herself, which is difficult to do.  

My 6  🍅🍅🍅 plants all have blossoms, so that's a good thing.  They are my favorite things to eat in the summertime.  

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's cool and cloudy today. We have a couple of cool days ahead and then back to tthe 90's. UGH!!!!  

I got some weeding accomplished yesterday. I still have more to do but it's becoming a big more uder control. My plan is every other or third day when it's cool. At least until the a/c is fixed in July. I do have a few flowers blooming so I was happy.You never know what is going to bloom or not so it's always a surprise. LOL

My husband put in the new attic fan yesterday. It turns out we had the wrong fan (housing only but the motor was the same). He was able to keep the original housing in the roof and replace the motor and blades. What luck!!! It's so difficult with an older home trying to find parts or whatever to fit these measurements. It happens no matter if it's an appliance or a doorr,etc. It's working and crossing our fingers it gives us a bit of relief on those 90+ days.

While installing the attic fan he discovered that we have a few shingles missing on our roof. We found the shingles during the various wind storms so we knew we had a job but not where. It looks like it's all in one corner of the roof and mainly around the 2nd story side not the "high side". That's on the list for this week as we have rain in the forecast.

We  have some projects lines up for the next two weeks and I noticed some other areas needing attention. He has vacation planned so we hope to check off some of these. We've slowed our pace down because neither of us are 20 anymore. LOL

I only saw part of AM Style yesterday and Sundays with Pat & Dan this am. I have the previous version of that Dyson and love it. I looked at that for years and then finally got one. It's a bit help with all those hard to reach areas and on days that my breathing and kness are just not cooperating. The right tool for the job is our motto but it also has to fit into the budget. That's the tricky part.

KomKat---I'm glad that you are seeing some progress with movement and les pain.

Stay safe & comfy.

Have a good afternoon/evening. 

Esteemed Contributor

Glenda--You are patriotic in your red and blue. I have Snapware which I purchased at Kohls. It comes in both plastic and glass, with the glass part of the Pyrex line. It is made by the same  company that makes Pyrex and Corelle. You'll enjoy those tomatoes when ripe. I had one tomato plant once which produced 75 tomatoes.

Fressa--It is good that the attic fan was installed and in doing so, discovered the location of the missing shingles. This is definitely something to be repaired before a heavy rain. Good job on the weeding and the plans for keeping it under control.

I put the sling back on for the afternoon but am about to take it off again to do my second set of PT exercises. I'm trying to do my best to get back in shape, but hate waiting until July 14 for the orthopedic to give his word on things.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.