Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, JUNE 12)

Hi Everyone!

It's mostly cloudya and thunderstorms are predicted for today and tonight. UGH!!! The temps seem are in the low 80's so not too bad with the cloudy conditon. 

We spent yesterday trying to finish the mini patio and moving the extra dirt around the property. (until the shovel broke) I had two odd "tree type" branches growing in between the flower garden. I swear they had roots that were anchored in so tough. You wonder why these "things" don't blow into the woods and not the gardens? 

I moved solar lights around to light up around the outside shed and generator areas. I put the new lights around the parking pad area so we can really see at night. There's just a little bit of tweaking to that project and it will be finished. It was just way too hot yesterday.

We met with a roofer on Friday and probably will go with his company. We decided on new gutters and screens at the same time. Next year will be siding. We've had a few more shingles blowing off the roof with the current storms and some water damage in the attic. I just want it fixed and no more "surprises". Crossing my fingers. It just makes me sick to think that some of this damage should have been seen by the insurance adjuster from that microburst storm that we incurred. Once it's replaced then I think I'll be at ease with it all.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, JUNE 12)

it remains hot, hot, hot.the temp was 91 at 7:30 and 107 At 11 when I arrived where do is staying.I use oven mitts to open the hatchback.lol

God has given him back to us for a while. Yesterday he was helping Sydnie with her honors precalculas class. He did the work in his head with no paper or pencil.I was lost at the first negative exponent. Lol

our son is coming for a quick visit at the end of the week,and our oldest will be here for a few days the next week.

stay cool I am looking forward to the first monsoon rain🥵🥵🥵

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  Sorry you aren't happy with your weather and the shovel broke.  But, happy you have decided on the roof, etc.  Those decisions can be difficult.

So happy to hear about your DH, Barbara.  I heard that your area tied a heat record yesterday.  It was hot here, but not quite as hot as expected.  But, today is another story.  It was hot on my walk this morning despite my taking it quite early.  Happy your DS and oldest DD will be visiting soon.

Church was nice this morning, and I went to the gym when I got home. Wow, did I get hot and sweaty.  There is a neighborhood "ice cream social" in a few minutes -- indoors due to the heat. 

I heard from Bev this morning, and she said she is feeling a little better.  However, she will need to go to a rehab facility for at least two weeks since she has a drain installed.  She isn't happy about going to rehab, but understands that she cannot take care of that at home alone.  Fingers crossed she can go home after two weeks (depends on the doctor).

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

sydsgma1--Happy new about you DH. Glad your son will be there soon and Sydnie had a nice visit.

We are to have a Strawberry Moon tonight. Gee...I hope I remember to look out the window. I always forget. 

Honored Contributor

Hey Linda @LindaLatte  did they finally take the kidney out?

Barbara @sydsgma1  I'm glad there is more time for even sweeter memories Heart

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise