Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, JULY 4_

Greetings, shopping friend! Happy and safe 4th of July to you. I would like to see that movie "Born on the 4th of July." Tom Cruise starre d in it and is a portrayal of the negatve responses to those who servedf in the Viet Nam War Let us remember those who served to maintain our freedoms.

Right now, I am watching the Kitchen shbow with Mary while David is on vacation. David used to be a newscaster for a TV station in our state before he went to QVC years ago.

The TSV is a good buy. I just checked Amazoon for current prices on the Versa 2 and 3. Today's TSV is priced $10 less than what I paid for my Fitit Charge 4. but it is still doing a great job and the app deliverrs much of the same info. Mine is a tracker and not a smart watch.

Tomorrow, I have appointments in the city as well as a WalMart grocery pickup. With it being 65 miles away, I try to combine activities t here on same day---unlesss I want to escape this town.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, JULY 4_

Happy 4th of July.  No big celebration here. My oldest dds home, where we are hanging out for the summer is very chaotic because she is having the interior painted. I am a neat person and have trouble with clutter..so I try to ignore.

It is a very hot humid day here so all cooking will be on the grill.

I hope everyone has a nice day. 🍔🌭

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

HAPPY 4th of JULY!!!

We are having a quiet holiday which is a nice relief after the "trees". We started some maintainence on the driveway but then it looked like rain. No rain is in the forecast for the next three days. Those driveway supplies are pricey so we decided to try again tomorrow. 

I didn't get the birdbath setup accomoplished yesterday but we did install the 3 outdoor door lights in the patio and side door. They will coordinate with the new lamp post light when it finally arrives. Hopefully, we will not have run the flood lights at night with the new fixtures so that should save a few dollars. I'm still adjusting the outside lighting around the entire lot but that should be settled by the next weekend. 

I was up early so I was able to watch the Denim & co show. It was a treat just to sit for a bit and drink coffee. I saw a few good deals and the shorts caught my eye for a DIL birthday gift. I wish they had shown them on a petite model as well as the model Pam. Pam (the model) is built like our DIL but she's petite. I decided not to order and wait for a capri/crop style for her. I'm still on the "hunt" for Kim Gravel blouse for her as well but I need it to be a bit budget friendly.

It was good to see Pat James D. on in the AM. I didn't watch much of the show because I was gathering up laundry. I sure can have a good time around here. LOL

Have a good holiday.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and Happy Independence Day!  I couldn't get in again today. Tried clearing cache and a different browser before I decided to change my nickname again.  So, now I'm back to my "old" name.  I think they are trying to confuse me.

The TSV is definitely a good buy since I paid more at Amazon when my other one broke.  I do like my Versa 2 very much and hope this one lasts longer than the other one.  At least I had insurance on it.

I've not seen much of the Q today, but I looked at the product review.  There are some tempting pieces from D&Co and Kim Gravel (on yesterday evening), but I certainly don't need more clothing. 

DD sent me a picture of her July 4th outfit, and she looked great.  That triggered my taking a "selfie" of my outfit which always takes time.  

Hope your appointments and Walmart pick-up go well tomorrow, Jean.  While I don't need a ton of groceries, I needed some toiletries and groceries which I will pick up at Walmart on Wednesday.  Some of the items are for when my niece-in-law (late nephew's wife) arrives next week. 

Hi Fressa.  Sounds like you are making some progress with your yard, which is good.  You are certainly a caring MIL.  Hope you find something nice for her birthday.

It is cool and humid here today -- may not even make it to 90 degrees.  We had some rain last night (not a deluge, but nice), and may have some today.  I have to admit the cooler temperatures this morning felt very good on my walk.  

Church was very good, and we sang several patriotic songs, which I enjoyed.  We are still wearing masks and sitting socially distant, but indoors.  

I went to the ATM on the way home, and there was quite a bit of rain near the bank -- just a few miles down the road.  No rain here or at the church.

Hope to watch some special programs with fireworks, etc. this evening.  Otherwise no big plans, but doing an exercise DVD, ironing, a little cooking, and cleaning.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Happy Independence Day to all.  If last night was anything to go on, there will be quite of bit of fireworks and firecrackers in my neighborhood tonight.  At least this crop of merry makers are adhering to the 11 pm noise ordinance so I don't wanna complain.  In years past we've had folks go past midnight.

My sister came over loaded with food and we ate dinner together.  She loves to cook and I benefit from her generosity so another thing I'm grateful for.  It's currently 89 degrees, it's cooling down.  We stayed inside during her visit.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise