Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, JULY 28

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a beautiful sunny day. I awakened at 4am and couldn't go back to sleep  so I got up, watched an infomercial on an air fryer and then a Netflix  program before breakfast.

After breakfast, I returned to tackling putting the deck back together after painting. The new patio rug came from QVC but I have to admit that it has been in storage waiting to be used for a few months. The new deck furniture are the Bliss chairs from QVC on sale. They are replacing some Bliss items several years old. They are still in good shape but I was tired of them and wanted a different pattern. The flowers that look so real came from Amazon after reading all the great reviews.

Since this is a fashion forum, I did all this work wearing a pair of Denim and Co. crop pants topped with a Denim and Co. striped tee.  I do have a H by Halston top in two colors rhubarb and black on its way to me. The reviews for A311530 were good, so I thought I would try this line again. I do have a sweater that was a TSV and liked it.

After my morning work, I'm a little tired. Lunch looms soon, followed by relaxing reading or more Netflix, etc. I had planned to go to the city tomorrow but the lawn person told me he would be here tomorrow but didn't know what time. I guess I'll be going on Tuesday; food is getting scarce and there are items I want that are not carried locally.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, JULY 28

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  I really liked the pictures of your deck that you posted on FB.  Those flowers do look real.  I might consider purchasing some myself in the future.  I have a Q patio rug that I really like.  I had purchased a less expensive one in the past, but this one is much better.  Hope you like those new tops -- they look nice.  Hope you can make up for the loss of sleep last night or at least get plenty of sleep tonight.

I never did get my nap yesterday, but I slept pretty well last night.  DH's friend called just as I was about to take my nap, but we had a nice conversation.  My hospice visit went well despite my patient being asleep for the first hour or so.  She had a "roommate" who had visitors, so it was pretty lively.  She and I had a nice conversation when she woke up, and I went with her to lunch.  I was pleased that she ate pretty well.   Her CNA was a lady who had worked in DH's facility, and it was nice to see her -- sweet person.  It was a bit depressing to see quite a few residents in very bad shape, but I was heartened by how well my patient was doing -- pretty amazing for a lady of 95.

We had some thunder and lightening for a while yesterday evening, and a tiny bit of rain.  Today it is mostly sunny and it should make it to 100 degrees plus again.  It was hot on my walk, but there was a breeze which helped a little.

Nothing exciting planned for today -- church and the gym, plus a little ironing.  Hope to get some cleaning done as well.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Glad that you slept well last night; a nap might have been nice but sometimes naps interfere with nightly sleep if they are too long. Your hospice work brings you many rewards.

I was debating ordering some bras from One Hanes Place as they carry the bras I like. Lo and behold I got an email with 8% off sale prices for a few hours. The price of the bra was half of what I have seen them priced, so with sale price and the 8% off, I got 4 Bali bras for $62.52 plus free shipping.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone - Jean - thanks for starting us off today.  Your Denim & Co outfit sounds cute.  Nice to hear that your deck is painted and put back together.  Enjoy!  Linda - we've been having some light thunderstorms as well.  Glad to hear that you slept well last night.

We had a very nice time on our camping trip in the mountains this past week.  The lake looked beautiful, as it was full, and everything is still very green.  It lightly rained a little bit each day we were there. We went out on a regular small fishing boat one day, two days we went out on a pontoon boat, and each day we had a kayak that we took out.  The good news was that, as an employee of the water district, we get great discounts on camping and boats at the lake.  I really enjoyed kayaking on the lake in the morning when it was still cool and peaceful.  Also happy to say that we got along very well with my DH's cousins, that we've never spent much time with before.  They keep kosher and are very conservative in their ways, but we managed to not offend, lol.  I don't think my DH caught a single fish while we were there, but my DD caught 3 good-sized carp.  (Which we don't know what to do with, because I don't like fish in general, and my DH doesn't like carp.)

Even though the camping trip was fun, I've been tired since we got back, and have been struggling with sinus/migraine headaches.  Yuck.  I did manage to get quite a few chores done yesterday, including all the laundry from camping.  This morning I got things watered in the yard.  The rest of the day I plan on doing quiet activities inside.

Shopping - Still good about not buying clothes.  I returned a couple of JAI silver pieces of jewelry and kept a couple.  Books, on the other hand, I continue to accumulate.  Yikes, I have a lot of books!!!

Waves to all, and hope you have a great Sunday! ~ Charlene

Honored Contributor

Hello all, it felt great to sleep like a log last night.  It helped to make up for the lousy night I had on Friday Woman Very Happy 

It continues to be sunny, breezy and hot here.  As the as my A/C works I have no complaints.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.  

Jean - Thank you starting us today.  I saw your photo on facebook and your deck looks lovely.  I like your rabbitt holding the lantern.  I wish I had more room on my deck for something like that.

Linda - Glad you slept well last night.  I think what you do for hospice is  very admirable, I don't know if I could do that.  I got my cleaning done, I think the ironing is going to wait until tomorrow.

Charlene  - Sounds like you had a great time and glad you got along so well with DH's cousins.  Sounds like you will need a vacation from your vacation.  Hope you start feeling better.

Bernie - Hope the weather keeps on being good to you.

I got my cleaning done here, so now I am relaxing.  I hear a book calling my name, so I must answer.  Hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Also,  Thank you for the Birthday wishes.  I had a very nice day, DH and I went out for dinner.

Esteemed Contributor

Charlene--It sounds as if you had a wonderful vacation. Often we return and wish we had a vacation from the laundry, etc. resuting from the trip. You generated some great memories.

Bernie--It is good that you got a great night's sleep to make up for the other night and hopefully this night will be another good night.

Susan--Belated Happy Birthday. I just played with the deck again. I had ordered from the Q two faux boxwood planters and have been playing with their placement. I think each will go to each side of the entry door from the deck.