Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, JULY 26)

Good Morning/Afternoon and Happy Birthday to Kathleen!

I need to leave for church soon, but I thought I would take a minute to say hello to all of our ladies.

Nothing exciting going on here -- DH and I had a nice walk, and we will go to the gym when I get back from church.

Waves to Jean, Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Bernie, Marijane, Barbara, Susan, Rosa, snicks, pinky ann, Charlene, LindaR, Karen, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a nice day, and please post if you have time.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, JULY 26)

Hi LindaL - thanks for getting us started today.

It rained for about 30 minutes last night, right as the sun was getting ready to set.  There was supposed about the rain falling while still seeing the sun in the setting position that reminded me of a childhood.  Still can't put my finger on it other than to see it was definitely a summer rain.  It's hot here already. 

I did my grocery shopping this morning and browsed some of the clothing at Meijer.  They are bringing in fall clothing and I love fall clothing.  I spotted a cute blouse but didn't buy it.  I chose to spend the $20 on a 40lb bag of bird seed (lol).

I had a taste for icecream and couldn't believe how hard it was for me to decide on what to buy.  Many they presented too many choices.

I ordered a bracelet from Ross Simons yesterday that is a little different than the one I returned to Novica.  It's less expensive and 7" which will be perfect for my wrist.  I hope this one works out.  Ross-Simons sent me a thank you email - 25% off and free shipping on the next item.  Of course, items on sale aren't included and they exclude so many brands that I can't imagine what's left.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good morning/afternoon all.
Happy Birthday to Kathleen.
LL, you are much more energetic than I am. Hope you enjoy the service this morning.
birdmama, you too are energetic, getting your shopping done. It rained off and on here throughout the early morning and will continue all day it seems. I have done so little for this whole past week that it is crazy. Cough is still with me and breathing is kind of shortened, so just riding out this cold for now. Am starting to feel a bit better, but a ways to go. I did work on the cookbooks I am making for my daughters. Have one done and the other to get put together, then just need to make covers for them.

Got nothing else this time, waving to everyone. Have a great week.

"To each their own, in all things".
Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies....Happy Birthday Kathleen....from the pix's  on FB it looks like you are having a great time!

I remember when Ross Simmons was on QVC Bernie and they had some very nice jewelry ....I also used to get their catalogue too,I don't think I ever ordered anything from them though.

The sun is starting to come out now,we had a little rain this morning. They are saying in a few days will be back into the 90's and humid.

LindaL did you get that sock helper for your DH and if so  does it work well ?I will have to look up on Amazon to check it out as I never even heard of it.

I had ordered the s/v IM 24/7 pants the other day...in fact one in black/ green.....I really like those pants. I see they have shipped already.

Not much else..doing some laundry and will probably be hanging around the pool in a little while....the Yankees come on at 2pm.    

Have a nice day everyone........Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

LL, I hope that you & your DH have a pleasant day in whatever you choose to do. RC, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Enjoy yourself & eat a piece of cake for me. SNICKS, I am praying that you soon feel better & the cough goes away quickly. We need rain, but we did get a couple of sprinkles. Your DD's will certainly enjoy the cookbooks when you get them all done. MARIJANE, enjoy the pool while you can. It has been hot here until today as it is cloudy. Near 90 all week though. SYDSGMA, Yes we have done some fun expensive things too & I don't regret any of it either. It is nice that you have two homes in different parts of the country. The 50th anniversary party yesterday was very nice. It has been a rough week for me so I am looking forward to some fun things this week. Sometimes I just have to make my own fun. BIRD MAMA, enjoy the new bracelet. I like fall clothing & when it is hot I don't care what I wear in the house. It was fun for me to get dressed up & all sparkly yesterday. It is not hot today but it was very hot & humid yesterday. I am not looking forward to a week of 90's though. Hugs to all of you.
Respected Contributor

Hi girls! It's another hot, humid day - too hot to do much of anything, so I'll have a repeat of yesterday and just relax on a pool float with a book. I did that for a few hour yesterday and inadvertenly went surfing!  The day before I put the end of the hose in the pool for "a few minutes" while I got the dogs' water, and forgot about it, so the water level was higher than it should be.  (It's one of those EZ-Set pools with an inflatable ring around the top.) Well, there I was, minding my own business, when suddenly the side of the pool buckled and the water went cascading out, taking me on the float along with it.  Cat LOL  Fortunately I was able to push the side back up before too much was lost.

Last night we went for a short drive, just to get out of the house. Bird, the only dog who's into playing fetch is Autumn, and even if it wasn't too hot for her,it sure was for me!  Actually, she's no dummy - she prefers to stay inside in this heat, but then when I'm trying to relax at the end of the day with a book she brings me one of her balls to play.  She'd run after it for hours if I let her! 

Around 2 a.m. I got an "itch" - I put down my book, got up,  and organized all the kitchen drawers.  I finally brought myself to toss all the old chopsticks, the packets of condiments, and even all the plastic cutlery that I'd been collecting. Let's see how long I can keep them neat and tidy....  Cat Wink   I think today's project will be cleaning the dishwasher; I've been getting crud in the bottom, did some research on-line, and found out there's a filter that you can take out and clean. Hopefully that will take care of the problem.

Hope the new bracelet is a good one, Bird. I agree there's a huge amount of ice cream to choose from in the store, but since I don't eat HFCS that eliminates most of it.  Cat Frustrated  I have two ice cream makers; I really need to get into using them...but first, there are a couple of gallons in the freezer I have to get rid of...

Well, guess I'd better hit the pool - thunderstorms are forecast for later. 

Hi to everyone - have a blessed day!

Trusted Contributor

Happy Birthday Kathleen!  Arlene - I'm in need of some kitchen drawer clean out too.

I enjoyed the thread yesterday about personal finance.  I LOVE studying personal finance, I just find it interesting, and wonder about why people make the decisions they do.  I've always been a frugal person until about 3  years years ago when I started to become an empty nester.  That's when I began to shop more.  I always pay my credit card off in full every month, we have an emergency fund in place, we participate in my DH's pension plan and we max out our ROTHs every year.  The shopping hasn't really effected my finances too adversely. With me, it's more about space.  My closets and drawers and bookshelves are packed.  Even when I go through things (as I did with my clothes this week) and donate items, I still have A LOT of stuff.  Interesting to read what the rest of you had to say on the subject.

Yesterday was a busy day cleaning out goat pens (couldn't clean them out the week before because of the rain), giving the barn a good cleaning out, and then waiting around for a hay delivery.  We get 30 bales delivered at a time and that will last several months.  Glad that's done.  I'm still milking Daisy every evening and get about 2 cups of milk.  That's not much from a dairy goat, but it's about all we can use.  Little Cleo is drinking all of her Mom's milk and growing quite plump!

Today at church we had a young man lead music as a candidate for a full-time position.  Afterwards we had a potluck (went pretty well, lol), with a question and answer period.  He seems like a nice young family man.  We have another candidate in 2 weeks.  

My DC said that it rained the whole time in Brussels but they still got to see a lot, including going to some kind-of amusement park called Mini Europe.  Today they were traveling to Amsterdam.  They'll be returning home Wednesday night.  

I cooked 2 casseroles last night at the same time, so we could eat leftovers and I wouldn't have to turn the oven on a second time.  Last night we had a potato hamburger casserole, and tonight we're having an Italian pasta dish.  Some might call me lazy, I just think I'm efficient.

Smiley Happy   ~   Charlene

Respected Contributor

I have had a hard time getting access the past few days. It is hot and hotter here. Went to a organ recital this afternoon. It was very nice. The organ at the church was built in 1925. Recently refurbished. Organist was excellent. Had to shake my head. Several gentlemen easily 60 plus in shorts. Put on some slacks. Just my rant for the topic. Organist had on a very appropriate suit and he was very busy. My friend Julie joined me. I was already seated and she greeted the lady sitting in front of us. She said it was a teacher from H S. NowJulie is almost my age so this lady was definitely older. Julie said this lady still plays golf and wins tournaments!!!!

Happy birthday to Kathleen!!!

We don't have fall clothes here!!! We have been known to wear shorts at Christmas!!! I do love the seasons but we don't have them!!

The plumber cut a big piece in the wall. I need to find a way to hide it until I can find someone to repair it. He did show me the offending pipe and the hole. He said the other plumbing looked good. I guess it could have been much worse. At least I was home when the leak started although it took me a bit to determine what was happening. I called my neighbor to ask him to turn the water off at the meter until I could get the plumber. I had used much more water last month than normal so I guess it was leaking for a while before it started to spray up and leak out over the floor!!