Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, JULY 24)

@LindaLotte, you are having a lot of changes to adapt to right now. I think you do a marvelous job of dealing with all that you do. I'm sure your emotions are in an uproar right now and will be for awhile, but you will adjust as time passes. I am so glad that DH's DD is so supportive, that makes it a bit easier to know his children understand and know what you have on your plate. Keep your head up, you are doing great!
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Hello everyone, 

Great information and insight today.image.jpeg

Super Contributor

Linda, Bless you. You are in my prayers. I hope you have a great trip. 

Jennifer

Trusted Contributor

Ladies -- what wonderful posts.  I see myself in many -- the declutter, pay off the mortgage, save money.....

I feel for those of you that have so many other worrisome duties as caregiver and the like.  That is the real strong test.

Priorities for taking care of family members, of course, trumps all things.  It is the most draining and important job some have in their entire life.  Some of us are parents and have done the youngster upbringing and most of that may be in the rearview, but caregiver for the sick and elderly may be front and center right now.  Stay strong with all the challenges, no matter the loved one.

We all try to work on ourselves, in our own way and have our own successes - big and small.  Victories are victories, and they are all changes in ourselves.

Have a great day!

Honored Contributor

@butterfly123

What a remarkable picture.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Happy Sunday dear ladies. We have our big family room ready for the floor installation tomorrow. I am going to like wood much better than carpeting. I clearing things out has given me great impetus to do a ton of decluttering. I will do a yard sale soon.

your posts on change are excellent. I believe that those who live in the present handle change much better than others. You are all amazing.

linda (((many hugs)))))) to you. You have handled your situation with grace.

i enjoy travel and concerts greatly. I have many travel memories, like Jean

(((hugs)))$ to all.

Respected Contributor

Hello friends! I, too, have had a very difficult couple years. I'm sure that is part of why I don't post as often anymore. Not knowing where I will be or what I will be doing, not being able to make any plans for the future has taught me that we are all in that position, I just lived my lifetime THINKING that I knew.  ha ha!

My first day of work gave me "all the feels". DH just left to go to Houston for his last week of work.  I hope they don't s crew him out of his paycheck but this company is so awful that nothing will surprise me and that's what the last company did. ::redirecting::

I am another one who has learned so much in the time that I've been posting here - since 2007!! Hard to believe it's been 9 years. I'm happy to say that my shopping is a non-event - FINALLY! I recently discovered that due to my lack of spending at my favorite store, I no longer get "platinum" benefits like free shipping.  I didn't notice because the only order I made this year was bra sale and it qualified. 

All the stars aligned for me so I just booked my trip to San Diego in a couple months.  I will go, get DD's Jeep out of storage, do some routine maintenance on it and meet her ship as it pulls into port.

Oldest DD is still living here part time and I really enjoy seeing her what little time we get together.  I often feel like people must roll their eyes when I talk about my girls, like it is a bad thing that they are still a primary source of joy in my life. But then DH is the same way, and he just pats me on the back and tells me it's ok if the world doesnt understand. I confess to wishing my Mom was a little more "into" me.  Enough blather.  Hugs to all.

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama

Thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

It is anothe hot day.  DH helped with the church picnic & I stayed home.  I did get two loads of laundry outside quickly.  Then I took my moped to BK for lunch!

You gals shop wisely & YES,  $20 here & there does add up.

I like to declutter & did lots of it with mom's things. I mostly do it in January & February when it is cold.  Hot weather makes me very lazy.  

DH & I did lots of traveling when our DC were still home.  It was fun to save money each week for that purpose.  So many fun memories.  Jean, like you we still travel a lot, as one day we may not be able to.  I remember telling my DH 15 years ago that if I ever got out of the wheelchair, don't tell me no, if I want to go somewhere.  I have so much to be thankful for.  Lots of ups & downs & changes but that is life whether we like it or not.

I need to finish reading to see what you are all up to.

LINDA L, I wish you a great vacation.  You are definitely deserving of it.

Hugs to all of you.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!  It's another HOT day, but fortunately it's overcast so I don't feel as bad for not having my pool yet; I got an email from the Walmart site's seller and it should be here by Wednesday. 

I wasted another hour's worth of my phone minutes and time on the phone with eBay and Paypal last night. The guy at eBay didn't know squat; he kept insisting there was no purchase and kept asking for the item number. I told him over and over that I got NO confirmation of any kind from the seller, eBay, or Paypal and didn't have an item number, but did have the seller's name, email, and a trasaction number, which he said he couldn't use.  I finally asked for a supervisor, which he wouldn't connect me to, and in frustration I told him a few choice words and hung up on him.  (OK, maybe that wasn't nice...but it made me feel better!) Cat Wink I then called Paypal, and the guy I spoke to seemed to know what to do - unlike the woman I talked to the other day who said I'd have to open a Paypal account to initiate a dispute.  He said he'd contact the seller, send me copies of their emails to the seller, and if the seller didn't refund me by August 3, Paypal would.  Yeah, well...I'll believe it when I see it.  At least I'll have emails which my credit card company requested.

I'm going to list some things to sell on eBay this week, since they've eliminated the listing fees, but as for buying anything on there - forget it; I've had enough aggravationi. Cat Frustrated

I got my kitchen drawers cleaned out and organized last night, and a box of things set aside for the thrift shop - I'm not likely to use an old egg beater, I rarely make steaks so I don't need a meat tenderizer, I found a bunch of old knives I didn't even remember I had....  Today's projects are the weekly litter box scrubbing, and I have to get the new vaccum assembled (as I recall it was just a matter of attaching the handle) and the floors cleaned...then I can relax with the Sunday Bible prophecy updates.  If I get a burst of energy (and it's not raining) I'll take Autumn and Angelica out for a drive tonight and get them some chicken nuggets.

What movie did you see, Jean?  I remember when money would burn a hole in my pocket, but learned how important it is to have a little set aside for emergencies, like a vet bill.  I sure do wish I had even half the money I've wasted over the years!  When making brunch earlier I had to toss almost an entire package of Havarti that had gotten moldy; now that I've learned (when it comes to clothing and such) that something isn't a bargain if you don't need it, I have to train myself to not buy too much perishable food all at once, as so much gets tossed.

Bird, I agree the memories from something like a good concert are worth the price; I never saw the point of wasting money on lottery tickets, since you have a better chance of getting hit by lighting than winning.  One thing I have spent a lot of money on (over $100k) was flying, but the memories I have from becoming a pilot are priceless.  (Well, apart from marrying the Chief Flight Instructor...but that mistake is behind me!)  I aso have some great memories from various concerts, plays, operas, and ballets. Cat Happy

Jean, one lesson I've learned the hard way when buying a car was if you're getting a car loan, make sure you can pay it off early without penalty!  I didn't know about that, and when I left the islands I planned to sell my car for the balance of the loan, but the crooks at Bank of Hawaii told me I had to pay the full amount of interest that I would if I paid over the full length of the loan. I ended up giving them the car, since I wouldn't get enough for it. Cat Mad

Love your pic, meallen; I'll have to post it on my FB page.

Hope your day is going well, LindaL. 

I guess I'd better get moving; Firefox is acting up again, and I'm about to throw this laptop across the room.  It keeps getting worse and worse...but Chrome is worse still. Cat Frustrated

Hi to Karen, Charlene, Essie, butterfly, Barbara, 3suwm5, Twinny - anyone hear from Pinky? I haven't seen her in a while - or did I miss her?  Have a blessed day!