Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, JULY 16)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a beautiful sunny day. Since it is still another CIJ today, I have been relaxing watching the SyFy channel and now LMN. I may get myself in gear and go visit a friend in the afternoon.

I can remember years ago that I would stay up until Midnight to see what the TSV might be, and sometimes it was so good that it sold out early. Rarely is there a TSV offered worth staying up to MIdnight, especially since many of them are now promoted online before the day of the TSV.  I have no idea what the TSV is today as I go directly to the forums.

I did see the HSN Special. I don't know why someone would order that huge 360 serving size unless they have already been taking it and like it. For first-timers, that is a big financial risk, no matter how much is being saved. Lessman also sells it on Amazon in different sizes. I also remember when he was on the Q many years ago.

I plucked some cherry tomatoes and mini-peppers from my Cottage Farms plants.  They are really good, so that is a Cottage Farms purchase that worked well and the deer have not bothered.

If you shop, shop wisely. Remember cost per use and the 80/20 rule of clothing: we wear 20% of our items 80%  of the time, Is that purchase a need or is it a want?

Have a great day!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, JULY 16)

Hi everybody,

Image result for have great sunday friends images

Trusted Contributor

Good morning ladie, hope all is well.

Jean - Thank you for starting us today.  Have fun if you decide to visit your friend.  We are also having a beautiful day here today. It is supposed to be nice all week, we will see.

Meallan - Nice graphic as ususal.

I had my Cousin Party yesterday and it went very well.  Of course I made too much food, some I did get in to the freezer, and sent some home with family members, but still have too much.

Trying to decide what to do here today, I do feel like just being lazy.  Guess I need to find one constructive thing to do.  Hope everyone has a great day.

Esteemed Contributor

meallen--Thank you for the lovely graphic. You always make great choices.

Susan--Glad the Cousin Party went well. It is better to have too much food than not enough. The frozen leftovers can come in  handy. Being lazy is fine but find time for one constructive activity.

I decided to stay put; I am enjoying relaxing too much. I will find some more things to organize later today but now, I am enjoying the relaxation.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, it's a beautiful day here today too but I think the humidity is climbing up.  NOt sure what the s/v is today either Jean....will CIJ ever be over.....I must confess I did order the s/v Christmas bags the other day..they have already shipped.....I buy them every year....so much easier to do.   I did receive those D&C paisley jeans and I should have went with my first instinct on going down a size...they were too big so sending back for next size down....I really liked them....got them in the gunmetal gray.

Glad that your cousin party was success Susan.....I had one of those a few years ago but it was in the winter....summer is a better time as hopefully everyone will be outside.

Nice graphic Meallen,thanks.

Charleen hope your DS got off ok on his journey..he has quite a drive .  SEveral yrs ago my youngest moved with his company from Portland Me...to Portland Oregon......tney were relocating and asked him If he wanted to go...since he is unmarried etc we said why not...if you don't like it you can come back.....my husband and he drove out,DH flew back.....youngest stayed the yr and really did not like it out there,different life style,work habits etc. so after a year my oldest flew out and they drove back stopping in different parts of the country to sightsee.  IT was a good experience for him I think .    How is your DD doing in her job?

Karen good luck to your son too down in TN.....hope his party yesterday was great..the weather seemed to cooperate.  I know a few people who will be heading to TN from NY next month to see the total solar eclipse ....I don,t think up in our area we will see the whole thing.

Not much going on....yesterday afternoon the Yankees had a  four pm game....it wasn't over till ten....played the Red Sox.....today are two more games........one is a make up from a rain out several weeks ago.    HOpe they aren't quite as long!!!

Have a nice day everyone.......Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane--Sorry the sizing didn't work on the D&C denim paisley jeans. I also check the "click here" measurements but sometimes that is misleading. Hopefully, the new size will work.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon, and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad your weather is nice.  This time of the year, we are three hours behind Q time, so I can see the TSV at 9:00 p.m.  Usually, I do not see it until later since it is rarely something I am waiting to order.  Glad you are enjoying your home-grown tomatoes.  I remember buying Lessman's vitamins back when he was on the Q.  I had not purchased any since then until I ordered the ones to help your eyes.  Hopefully, they are doing some good for me.

Lovely graphic today, meallen.

Glad your cousin's party was a success, Susan.  Like Jean, I think it is better to have too much food rather than too little.  Maybe you can rest most of the day, and limit your efforts to one small task.

Sounds like you watch a lot of baseball, Marijane.  Not my sport, but I remember watching quite a lot of football.  Moving from Maine to Oregon would be quite a change.  Glad you like the pants, and I hope the new pair fits well.

We had a little rain last night, and a lot lightening and thunder.  It was in the 70's and humid on my walk this morning.  Pretty nice.  It is only supposed to make it to the low 90's today.  DH was doing okay yesterday.  Nothing exciting going on here.  I'm headed to church soon, and then I'll go to the gym.  I'll visit DH after lunch.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--You are certainly having a good day for a walk. I can remember when in Hawaii being able to see the TSV at dinner  time. Such a difference. Enjoy your vist with DH.

This is a very good video by Andrew Lessman (about 7 minutes) on how he feels about the merger of QVC and HSN and the promise for the future for both:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TrERxq1DTI&feature=youtu.be