Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, JULY 12)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  We have excessive heat warnings again today with a high of 108 predicted.  Good day to stay indoors with AC and fans.  Some places north of here had some rain yesterday evening, but we did not.

Nothing at all exciting planned for the day.  I took my very early morning walk (okay) and attended virtual church (good).  Just a little ironing to do, and I plan to some cleaning.  

I think it is a very bad idea for me to watch the presentation of the TSV at midnight (which is 9 or 10 p.m. here).  The hosts and representatives really push the idea that there are limited quantities, etc., etc.  I did resist ordering the lantern (snowmen or cardinals), but did put it on my wishlist.  Very cute, but more decorations -- get real, Linda.  If anything, I should be reducing the number.  I did find another couple of pieces of clothing to add to the donation pile yesterday.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day and stays safe.  Please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, JULY 12)

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. The TSV is very cute, as fI saw it presented early today. Are there really "limited quantities" or is that hype used to motivate people to buy. If there were one million of them, there is a limit as you couldn't purchase it if the millionth item was sold. It is good that you took an early morning walk with the projected temperatures you have. A good time to stay inside with functioning AC.

I can remember when AC was not widely used in homes, but theaters, etc. took advantage of it and promoted their AC and how good it would be to watch a movie in the cool environment.

It is definitely cooler here today, but mid-week the high temps are expected to return. I'll be watching the Governor's talk tomorrow as he is very upset with the rapidly escalating numbers in one area, so he has stated he might take drastic action since people apparently have spread all the bugs before he mandated masks.a week ago.

I went to the city and had lunch with a friend as we are both concerned that things might be getting iffy again and eating out would no longer be a pleasure.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, JULY 12)

Hello Jean and Linda, I'm enjoying the second day of fresh air for at least most of the day.  It's supposed to be nice (low 80's) tomorrow and I look forward to mowing the grass.  I checked out items recently on air earlier today and spotted a candle impressions figural candle in the shape of an angel.

If the angel had not been glittered I probably would have picked one up for me and my sister.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise