Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME SUNDAY JAN17

Hi Everyone!

It's snowing and cold but limited ice today. YIPPEE!!!  We have the driveway and patio cleared and the afternoon is only beginning.

We treated ourselves and ordered lunch from Wahlburgers. YUM!!! I'll make a salad or something lighter for dinner. Our male dog is finally starting to feel better so today is the first day with his regular food and pills.  It seems like we got the pills in his system earlier than usual this time.. I think we have an established pattern with him and our vet is on the same page with our thinking. A good vet is such a benefit when you have dogs with allergies or sickness.

I didn't see too much of the Q and what I did was household or gadgets. I did an inventory check of those items before the new year so I'm fully stocked for this year. I did the same thing in the garage. Somehow we end up with multiple products for inside or outside car cleaning and missing one or the other. Drives me crazy. LOL

I did declutter the baskets in the den/ all purpose room for the first pass. I just tossed those items becaue they are not on the charity pick up preferred list. Not too much remains in that room and it's completed with the decluttering. I find that energizing and it's a good feeling to see some results. My goal is to make it easier to clean and maintain this house. We have some big home improvement / fix up projects on the list for this year. I'm hoping to have all the decluttering finished before we begin the major projects. Too much construction is never a good thing for me. My preference is one project at a time. It's what works for me. (unless I can just close a door..and that works too. LOL)

Have a good afternoon/evening.      

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME SUNDAY JAN17

Fressa--Thank you for starting the  thread. You are doing a great job of home touch ups, decluttering, and taking care of your dog. A good vet is worth every cent.

I don't have much to report. In the past two weeks, I've lost 7 pounds and I've been faithful about exercse except the day I had to go to the city for the WalMart grocery pickup. School resumes Tuesday. It has been a month since I made a purchase other than groceries. I hate to lose my decluttering motivation if I start working again as I'm usually too tired to do much in the evenings.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  Glad the ice isn't a problem, and you are making so much progress with decluttering.  Nice when you see results.

HI Jean.  Good for you with exercise and weight loss.  I just did my WalMart pick-up, and it took longer than in previous trips.  Still, no more than 10 minutes, if that long.   They were out of one item (non-food), so I ordered it from Amazon.  

I saw in the local newspaper that the county is still taking registrations for the vaccine despite not having very much.  However, I am not in the group permitted to register (just a little too young, which is funny.)

Virtual church was good this morning, and I did a Leslie Sansone exercise DVD before lunch.  It is sunny and warm here, so I plan to go for a walk pretty soon.  I have a little ironing and cooking to do later.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

It was gloomy all day and I was pleased to see a little bit of snow falling in the afternoon.  It's been so overcast lately I get crabby if there is no snow or rain.  It's like cloudy for the sake of cloudy doesn't work for me, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise