Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, JAN. 8)

Howdy!! Its freezing over here so we got the pellet stove cranking Smiley Happy Babe found some awesome pe!let's that put out lots of heat on the lowest setting and it feels like Florida in our living room Smiley Happy I however have bad cold, thought it was gonna be a 24 hr bug nope but tyhank goodness for benadryl and green tea. Got the pants I ordered last week and they all fit, so I bought a couple of shirts to go with them and grabbed those hanging shelves from the private access sale, those are going in the kitchen for my spices and flour and sugar containers if they fit Smiley Happy 

Stay warm everyone and don't catch the bug that's going around!

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  I know you would like our weather much better than yours today -- supposed to make it to the mid-70's.  

I had purchased one of those coat racks tor DH, and I really like it.  However, it is in the "office" now, so it isn't used much.  I think that I should move it to the bedroom.  Seems like I'm always changing clothes -- different for the gym, church, going to visit DH, etc.  And, this way I would not need to hang them on hangers.  That certainly sounds lazy, but.....  

I had not seen the TSV until I came home after feeding DH lunch.  While I am not suffering back pain right now, I have had pretty bad pain in the past, and I hope this will be a good solution.  Interesting that your PT agreed to the purchase.

Hope your de-cluttering is going well.  Probably not in the cards for me today, but it is a need for sure.

Cute graphic, meallen.

Welcome

Esteemed Contributor

Jenny-Mommy--Welcome! I do hope the item from the Private Access works well for you. It sounds as if it would be handy. I've never ordered from the Private Access as the time I looked, I wasn't tempted and that was reinforced by the no return provision. It does provide great buys.

Linda--You continue to do well with your exercise as well as your budgeting. I haven't done a budget for this year, which is not good but mentally I have a pretty good idea of the expenditures. I hope your visit with DH goes well.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Evening All, Thanx @KonaKat for the start, I have the OrPaz ring in blue topaz, love it, get many compliments on it, hope you enjoy yours, wish I had gotten the earrings. The Tsv is calling me, like you don't need it now but have had issues which it's supposed to help.  I have a system to save, I keep all $5 bills (don't get many) but they do add up, great to know that amount of cash is at the ready.

@meallen616  Yes!!

@SFGIANTSGIRL@Jenni_Mommy, Welcome, stop back often, really a good group here

@cerb  Good for you to meet your goals, keep up the good work

@Bird mama, Thanx for the reminder re:furnace filter, I have the once a month kind but with this cold weather I change more frequently

@twinny70  I so envy you your hot tub, please think of us when you're in it  LOL

@LindaLatte, I do have a coat rack in the basement, use it for out of season jackets, etc, con't have room for it on the main level, wish I did.  Glad to hear DH is doing so well

Did my monthly out of County shopping trip today, so got started early as I like to avoid the traffic & prefer Sunday's as no semi's on the road.  We are warming up a little, so out of the deep freeze which is surely welcome, I know it's January but enough is enough  lol  been lucky with the snow, best I keep my mouth shut about that.

Have a good evening

Essie

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, the shredder was quite heavy & I think 12 pages at a time.  We will need to look better next time.

CERB, sorry that my spell check messed up your name.  I thought that I checked it good, but I was tired & ready for a nap!

Jenni_Mom,  how fun to have a pellet stove.  Our hot tub is outside & we live in WI.  I always tell my DH to pretend that he is in the Caribbean.  I am glad that your new pants are a winner.  Hopefully the tops will be as nice.  Get better real soon too.

Linda L, it is nice to hear that your DH had a good day.  70's would be good walking weather for your area.  I don't really ever do a budget, but since we are retired & DH has a pension, I always know how much $$  we can have fun with each week.

I did get in a much needed nap.  It was an extra busy weekend.