Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, JAN. 6)

Good morning, shopping friends. We are in a weekend of emphasizing New Year New You efforts whether it be restyliing our clothes, or fitness, or new things around the house. 

In the spirit of that, I will state that I exercised every day last week for a total of over 4-1/2 hours. In addition, I logged my food daily. The results? I lost four pounds but we all know that is water loss so the next weeks will be a small loss if the routine is continued.

l go to the orthopedic tomorrow, so I want to take some time today to find some items to donate at a center near there. I will be getting my car checked out for the state inspection as well as an oil change. If I get out of the ortho appointment in time, I will meet a friend for lunch before going to the car appointment.

I've been reading about the decluttering thing on Netflix so I want to find it and see what it has to offer. 

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, JAN. 6)

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Great job on exercising and watching your diet.  My DD is doing quite well in both departments, and I hope she manages to stick with it -- she started in June and has already lost more than 50 pounds but wants to lose some more.  I think watching food intake as well as exercising are the keys for many.  

Good luck at the orthopedic tomorrow, and good idea to take care of getting your car checked. Hope you find things to donate nearby.  It would be nice if you could meet your friend for lunch as well.

In the New Year New You theme, I have cut back a little on my walking, which was needed due to aches and pains, etc.  I saw one of the show hosts yesterday talking about the need to replace exercise/walking shoes pretty often if you do a lot of walking/running/other exercises.  She was talking about doing so every three to six months. This inspired me to replace my walking shoes.  I was thinking that it was near the time to do so, but had been holding out because I still liked the shoes.  Fortunately, I had backup pairs (yes, more than one) in the closet.  So, I have gone from a pretty bright blue pair to white and hot pink.  I really don't notice them much except when I am using the machines at the gym.

I have been going through my closets, cabinets, and yesterday my refrigerator/freezer and finding things to trash, donate, or move to a more convenient location.  Feels good to de-clutter this way.  

Fortunately, I slept well last night.  It was raining this morning, and my newspaper got pretty wet despite being in plastic.  So, I guess I will wait until it dries to start reading it.  There is a widows grief group this afternoon, and I will probably attend.  Other than that, nothing out of the ordinary.

Hope your goat is pregnant, Charlene.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Have a nice Sunday!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Linda--A new pair of walking shoes is definitely in order with the amount of walking you do. It is hard, however, to part with a pair that you really like despite how old they are. Congrats to DD on her weight loss. Congrats to you on your decluttering. You will like Episode 4. I'm watching these as I sort.

I'm on episode 3 of the Tidiying Up series. The second one was much better than the first. I loved it in the first episode when they were asked to go through the house and collect all their clothes and put them in one spot. That would let you know just how many clothes one had. The technique of focusing upon one thing at a time instead of a room is interesting. I just heard the magic word "purses" which they are about to store. They are using the "Bag in a Bag" method. My problem with that is that puts the bag "out of sight out of mind" so one might forget which bag holds which bag.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Like you, I preferred the second episode to the first, Jean. I have not seen the third episode yet, but it is on my "list".   Putting all the clothes on the bed was pretty wild.  Perhaps that was a good motivator for me, although I did not follow that advice -- just went through my closet(s).  Since I have DH's closet now, it is pretty easy to accumulate more clothes that I need with plenty of storage room.  But, it is difficult for me not to use the closet.  At least I am only using half of the closet (or a little less for clothes).  The rest is for decorations and linens. 

I thought maybe I should clarify about the shoes.  I have been ordering the same style of Asiacs running shoes for a while.  Started when I found them in a shoe store, but most of them have come from Amazon.  That is why I get different colors -- Amazon will offer the same style and size of shoes in different colors and the colors will have different prices.  Sometimes, one color will literally cost more than double than another.  That might be important if you are wearing "dress" or "regular shoes" (you want black or blue shoes), but in my "fitness" shoes, it makes no difference.  

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, good job with your exercising and weight loss.  I hope that you have good results with your orthopedic appointment tomorrow.  

Linda L. Congrats to your DD on her weight loss too.  Our ds started to wear Asiac's when he was in 7th grade and on the cross country team.  He turned our dd and my DH into Asiac's fans too.  My DH tries to get a year old model because it is usually cheaper than the New Year model.  Sounds crazy I know.

Yesterday was a busy fun day.  Our good friends came up and we all went to the DQ for its customer appreciation  1/2 day.  Then we beat the guys at cards.

Yesterday was another beautiful sunny 50° day.  Today is cloudy and damp with rain in the forecast for tonight and tomorrow.  We just got back from a 90th birthday party.  

Since I have labs and 2 Dr. appointments on Thursday, I am watching my diet very carefully.  It was hard getting through today,  Christmas Eve, Christmas day & New Year's Eve.  I have a feeling that I will reward myself on Friday.

My cold is better & I have been trying to keep up with your posts.  

Hugs & prayers to all of you.

Honored Contributor

Hello Linda, Jean, Twinny and all who follow.

Office Depot dropped the price of the HP Pavilion laptop that I've been watching and I ordered it for store pick up this morning.  I also ordered a new mouse for it.

Image result for hp pavilion 15-cs0057od

Online the mouse was 19.99.  When I went into the store, I was looking at printers (just seeing what's out there) and happened to notice the same mouse was 14.99.  I was given a price adjustment on the mouse. 

I'd read customer reviews that said it took 10 minutes to set up the laptop.  Took me 2 hours and I'm still working on it, lol.  I have a windows 7 desktop and a windows 10 laptop.  I see why windows 7 is so beloved Woman Very Happy  

I find Windows 10 a bit intrusive from the tracking perspective, so I had to find all of the settings and customize/turn off some things.

Right now I'm catching up on 11 Windows updates in the queue.

I finally have something portable with a backlit keyboard and I'm thrilled.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bird Mama, did you get our beautiful weather from yesterday?  We didn't need a jacket, which is unheard of this time of the year.  I think that it's our January thaw.  I forget to wish you a belated Happy Bird day yesterday.

Marijane, I am so glad that your ds has gone back to work.  I am sure that fatigue will be a problem right now.  

Today is good sleeping weather and my DH is taking advantage of it.

Yesterday we took down the remaining Christmas things.  My DH said,  "gee, it looks nice around here again. "  I still have a few of my favorite snowmen out yet.  Maybe Mother Nature will get the hint.

Today is going to be a lazy day around here.  

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Enjoy your new HP laptop. I also have a new one which is 3 months old. I guess I fell in the ten minutes to set up category.  This is my second Win 10 laptop. The backlit feature is nice.

Twinny--You must be having Spring-like weather also.I have a hunch that we will pay for this good weather later.  A lazy day is deserved so enjoy it!

I finished reading a book. I then looked at my easy pay status and paid a couple off since the amount per month was small.