Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, JAN 26)

Good morning, shopping friends. I awakened this morning to discover my FitBit face was dark. I tried all the things that can be done to reset it but nothing worked. The tracker was still sending info to the app but nothing could be read on the face. I contacted FitBit this morning and since it is still under warranty, they are sending me a new one at no cost. I like glancing at the face to check my heart rate so I miss it for that function.

I could be tempted to order the TSV but would have to figure out how to dispose of the old queen mattress. I do have in my cart the pampas grass shown this morning and also has great reviews. 

I work tomorrow but that is all I have booked so far this week. People just aren't missing like they once did plus staff is smaller than last year.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, JAN 26)

Hi Everyone!

We have snow. YIPPEE!! It's a dusting but the forecast has snow for the next two days. Our dogs will exhaust themselves from playing in it so much. Such fun to see them enjoy running around.

I am at a new low of my battery supply. Today might be a trip to restock. I have quite a few of the battery operated candles, etc. so it can get pricey. I have noticed the the AAA,AA and D battery candles give me the longest life. I also started to alternate the ones that I install batteries. I have some set to light for the dogs early just in case I'm late from a doctor aapt. or the market. I love the look. I find it relaxing. 

They are starting early with the garden shows beginning this afternoon. I've been scaling ours back because it's too difficult for me to keep up with the weeding and critter control. I'm making progress. I'm hoping to just tweak it a little this year and finally have something that is manageable and still looks nice.

This was news to me but maybe it's not for others. Kohl's sells seasonal k-cups for those that can't find a special flavor at BBB or elsewhere. Price is not bad. I love the Peppermint bark coffee and hot chocolate because it helps with my stomach. Yhey have some other flavors in the 18 count.

Have a good afternoon/evening.    

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad your FitBit is being replaced.  I definitely rely on mine.  Nice that you are working tomorrow.  Maybe some other teachers will be out later in the week.  You certainly subbed a lot last week.

I was looking at the mattress and thinking the same thing -- what would I do with the old mattress?  In my case, it is a King size, and I guess I would need to buy a frame that would fit Queen or Full size since I would like to size down.  I keep seeing these mattresses sold via the internet and wonder about ordering one without trying it out.  Not something I need to worry about at this point since I think my mattress is fine.

It is sunny here, and they are predicting that it will get up to 70 degrees again.  There is a cool-down expected starting tomorrow, but it should make it up to the 60's then.  Like Jean and some others, I really prefer warm/hot sunny weather to cold and snow or ice.  But, I know others like twinny and Fressa really enjoy the snow.  Glad you are getting some Fressa.

I agree with you Bernie about my friend still using eye make-up despite having conjunctivitis.  I think I forgot to mention she also has macular degeneration and is getting shots for it.  

I'll be going to church this morning, but no other definite plans.  The gym is questionable since I can't use some of my regular machines, and I would need to go to a different gym today (due to an event in my regular gym.)  I may drive down to see a new park that is in an area of a former golf course that went out of business.  I think there are fewer golf players than in the past, and there are lots of courses in our area.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. I did not know that about Kohl's Fressa, but the closest Kohl's is quite a distance away (at least 45 miles), so I seldom visit it.  Glad you found a good source for your coffee/chocolate.

Esteemed Contributor

Fressa--Great that your snow has arrived for you to enjoy. On the battery issue, have you considered using rechargeable batteries? I use them and they last a long time with the recharging.

Linda--I  think if you are considering downsizing, a queen would be a definite consideration. I have a queen and sometimes, I just wish it were a regular full size. I think a drive today in your great weather would be a good choice. 

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat   I'm so glad that your FitBit was under warranty and that the company is sending you a replacement.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi Fressa @Fressa   I'm so glad that it's cold enough for snow in your part of the world because I know you function better in the cold.  I bet the dogs are having a blast, my dog Max liked the snow. 

Honored Contributor

Hi Linda @LindaLatte

I'm sitting here shaking my head about the lady with macular degeneration.  It's too bad that her vanity is stronger than her need to protect her precious vision.

I'm fair skinned, green eyed and a natural redhead - already at risk for macular degeneration.  My Ma had it and I can't remember if it was dry or wet macular degeneration.  When I go for eye exams the first thing I ask is how my maculas are doing.  

The medical field has made such strides with prosthetics over the years and this is not to minimize the trauma of someone losing an arm or leg, the patient can be fitted with something that can allow them to function.

Lose your eye and you get a glass eye - can't see out of that.

Honored Contributor

I have a funny story Woman Very Happy 

Background:  my sister and I have the same Moto G phones that are 5 years old.  Her's works great; mine has been acting up.  I've been thinking of getting a Moto G7 Power since it came out last year.

I sleep downstairs by choice since my husband died.  I don't live in a crime ridden area however I grew up in a crime ridden area and I prefer to stop any potential threats on the first floor.  My dog (RIP) and my birds sleep upstairs so I like to be first line of attack so to speak.

Last night I'm fighting the bed for nearly 90 minutes because I can't get settled and find a position that makes me comfortable.  It crosses my mind that I didn't get a call or text from my sister during the day and I think, well maybe she was busy and didn't feel like talking. 

It's like 11:15 pm and I hear knock knock knock on the glass of the front storm door.  I shoot out of bed and when I look towards the door which has a glass insert and a curtain covering it, I see the shadow of a hand knocking and the person steps away from the front door.  My heart starts racing. I am not opening the front door without seeing who in the heck it is.  Knock knock knock again - I do nothing.  Then I hear knock, knock knock on the bay window (covered with drapes).  That's when I think, oooh, call the police or get the gun?

Then I hear the storm door open and key go into the deadbolt.  That's when 'over my dead body' comes to mind.  I see the shape of my sister's head in a hat.  I open the door and say what's wrong, what in the hel*? 

She says are you okay?  I say not really I'm shaking all over Woman LOL

We sit at my kitchen table and I show her I have no texts (she sent 3) and no missed calls or incoming calls or voicemail notifications.  She tries to call me as we are sitting at the kitchen table and I hear her call go to my voicemail and my phone never rings.  I asked her why she knocked and then moved away from the door and she said, you have a gun Woman LOL

This was straight out of the three stooges.

Suffice it to say, I've been in contact with Consumer Cellular this morning.  I've ordered two new Moto G7 Power phones - one for me, one for her.  I've been to amazon and picked up some phone cases (I texted her pics so she could choose colors) and I should be more cell phone reliable in a couple of days.

I had to take half a nerve pill to get some sleep.  I was so awake I could have washed walls at 1 am.

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--What a story! Yes, aging phones can develop problems. Obviously this was the trigger to make the move to get new ones. I am also a Consumer Cellular user. Great service at a lower price!!

Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat   My sister never upgraded the operating system when it was offered and she had the original SIM card that came with her phone.  I upgraded the operating system when it was offered and had to swap out the SIM card because the T-mobile one that came with mine didn't work in downtown Detroit when I was working.  Consumer Cellular sent me an ATT SIM card.  My sister was good about keeping her phone in a protective case and I stupidly thought I no longer needed a case after I retired. 

I dropped my phone alot Woman Embarassed  I noticed calls dropping out, the charge wasn't holding and the phone was getting hot when I talked on it for any length of time.  Hot phone = bad battery.

We were overdue for something new.  I told her that the new phone and new cases (she picked out the ones she liked on Amazon) could be part of her birthday present (April baby).  

She was so worried that it scared me.  Honestly we're both still traumatized by the way we found out my eldest sister died.  I got a call at work out of the blue and I went to my sister's house and had to tell her in person.  When she showed up at my house as late as she did, I thought she got bad news about one of my nieces.  I don't know if we'll ever get pass it.  I was shaking like a leaf, she was worried sick and thought I fell off the aeropilates and hurt myself Woman LOL

It's just her and me and clearly if we don't hear from each other, we go looking.  This happened last year when she forgot her cell phone at home.  I didn't get any responses to texts or calls and she randomly decided to go to Barnes and Noble (my sister could spend a day in that store) after work and when I hadn't heard from her two hours later than when I usually hear from her, I went to her house.

The funny thing about that was I came into her neighborhood another way and as I was driving down her street in the dark I recognized the headlights behind me.  She was driving behind me and didn't recognize my newer car.  I parked in front of her house, she pulled into the driveway and I went stopped out of the car she thought I had bad news again.

We scared each other that day too.  I bet my Ma is in heaven laughing her butt off everytime we pull a stunt like this.