Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, JAN 19)

Good Morning!  It is sunny and cool out at the moment, but it should make it to 70 degrees again today.  Hope none of you had problems with the snow and ice.

The community meeting (sort of a HOA meeting) yesterday was not too fun, so it didn't bother me to leave early.  I think some people (maybe too many) just like to complain.  A lady sitting next to me had some objections to the election of the leaders -- all volunteer positions.  There were four candidates and four offices, and she admitted she didn't want to do the work, but still had issues on how the electron  was handled.  That was true of other topics, like the budget. 

I was about 30 minutes later than usual going to visit my hospice patient, and her son was surprised to see me that early.  Last week, he had been away with his younger daughter to San Diego.  Sounds like they had a great time going to Legoland and the zoo there.  He showed me some pictures of Legoland, and I was surprised that they have a car -- full sized, and can drive made from Legos.  He ended up buying a model of a much smaller car that had tons of pieces.  Legos are not just for kids any longer.

He went swimming and his Mom and I watched basketball on TV, but she fell asleep after a while.  Still a nice visit.

Nothing exciting planned for today.  I will go to church, but skip the gym since my doctor said to take it easy on exercise for a while.  I hope to go for a walk later today.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. I saw they are having a "flash" free S&H time here plus easy pays.  Pretty tempting, but.....

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, JAN 19)

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. Your  high of 70 sounds good to me. We are currently in the 20s with a dusting of snow. Some people just like to complain, so if there is a solution that works for the majority, the person will complain about that or some other problem. Some people just cannot look for the posistive, nor do they want the responsibillity of taking care of an issue or even offering a suggestion. I had a superintendent once who always said, "Don't come complaining to me unless you come with an alternative."

I knew about the 6 easy pays today but not the free shipping. I can't think of anything right now that I need. I didn't sleep well last night but did 30 minutes of exercise this morning. I hope to return to it and add another 30 minutes later today. I called the pharmacy to get my xarelto refilled. They don't have a 90 day supply available but I can get it tomorrorw.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, I agree that some people complain to be complaining.  No satisfying them.  I only ever worked with one older lady whom was never happy.  WE all just ignored her.  My other co workers were very nice to me.  We seemed to stick together through thick and thin.  It sounds like you had a pleasant visit with your hospice patient.

Jean, It's sunny and cold here & I am hoping that the germs are killed.  We are both enjoying looking outside from the inside.  We  didn't go to church this morning.  I don't believe in passing our germs around.  We are feeling better & plan to go to the Wellness Center tomorrow.

We were lucky that we didn't get a lot more than 4" of ❄❄❄.  It was manageable with the snowblower.  I don't mind the cold weather.  I have more than enough winter coats and sweaters to have fun.

I got an email from QVC this morning about free shipping,  so I quickly ordered 2 btls of T.I.P.S.  nail polish remover.  I am down to 1/2 bottle and won't be going to the QVC Studio Store anytime soon.  It's supposed to be delivered 1/28/20.  

I have no shopping needs, but if we are up to it on Tuesday, we might do a little bit of shopping either before or after my dh's appointment.  A nice late lunch out sounds better to me right now.  I am planning to fix a good breakfast before we leave home since his PET Scan is at 12:20 P.M. & his follow-up appointment is at 1:00. P.M.

Hugs to all of you

Honored Contributor

Hello, it's much colder here today.  I sipped my coffee while watching the city plow dump street snow into all of our driveways.  I'm on a school route so this was expected.  Once I had some Maxwell House in me I took a regular shovel outside and cleared the driveway.  Geez - like lifting rocks Woman Very Happy

I'll be rebounding on the pilates machine later.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

From who posted on the other thread.  I think she intended her post for this group.  Not sure, but.....

--------------------------

Hello shopping buddies! It's currently 45 degrees and raining here, but I'll take it over all of the snow we received last week!

@LindaLatte  Grouchy people can be a bit challenging on the nerves, but I just wonder what is going on in their lives to make them that way. I'm glad your visit went fine!

I hope that everyone is doing well, and if you are in the path of the storms, are well prepared and safe.

I could not resist ordering the LocknLock XL pantry container in rose gold, because I am slowly switching out all of my pantry containers with the beautiful rose gold color. I also ordered a beauty box yesterday that includes products I've been eyeing for some time, but was hesitant to purchase because of the hefty price tag; crossing my fingers I like them.🤞

Have a great day everyone😊

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I just did 20 minutes of rebounding so I don't have to feel guilty, lol.  

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

We have cold temps and snow flurries sot that's good. We had some overnight rain that turned to ice so not good. We expect the ice to return tonight but hopefully we can warm up just enought to get if off the drivway.

I am relieved to say that our dishwasher repair project yesterday was a success. (Still keeping my fingers crossed for a few more days.) After all these years, I finally had a reapit "kit" accumulated. (old sheet for drop cloth, microfiber cloth for running water,etc. multiple flashlights in assorted sizes, multiple wrenches and large size moving pads for under the appliance.) What a relief that I can now ull out the upper drawer. YIPPEE!

We think the garbage disposal is fixed as well. It's working and I can feel blades. One day this week I'm going to put the cleaner in it since it had those peels in for two days. UGH!!!

I have to say that I was tempted by the TSV. I have not cooked in cash iron but my Grandmother did. When I heard the weight of it I decided NOT.  I have an air fryer, pressure cooker and cook cookwear so I think I should be set. I am trying to stick to my budget of nothing purchased until the stove is replaced. It was good to see Chris Pryme for the L&L. I always enjoy her tips and enjoy Carolyn Gracie presentaitons.

Hope everyone has a good evening.

Honored Contributor

Fressa @Fressa   You might appreciate the humor in this.  Last night I'm sitting in the dark and watching a series binge of The Rookies (from the 1970's).  Well, I have 7W night lights scattered around the house so my house in not truly dark.  It's about 9:30 and I hear some kind of hum.  The TV was not on loud and when I muted it - no hum.

So I stare at the GE refrigerator.  That thing is loud and normally sounds like a pigeon cooing on steriods when it gets ramped up - not a peep out of the fridge.

So I go back to watching The Rookies.  I hear a low kind of hum and I mute the TV-  nothing.  It starts getting next to me because good or bad, i HAVE to know where a noise is coming from.  I walk to the front room and look out of the window to see if maybe the plows were going late at night.

Nothing.

It's creeping on 10 pm and I'm tired and thinking of going to bed and again I hear the hum.  I go downstairs in the basement (bug eyed at this point) and stand next to the furnace for 2 cycles to see if the old girl is starting to hum before she heats the house.

Nothing.

Since I know the furnace is okay I leave it with God and go to bed.  

This morning, I go into the basement to prep a couple of pieces of laundry (Shout) for washing in about an hour.  It's quiet in the basement and out of nowhere the dryer comes on briefly and stops.  I nearly jump out of my skin.

Apparently my dryer has a cycle at the end called wrinkle guard which I never use.  Yesterday I must have turned that knob on instead of turning the heat control knob from low to medium heat.  I left a small load in the dryer and figured I'd fold it today.  The hum was the wrinkle guard - I guess it wrinkle guarded the load all night.

Sometimes I wonder .......

Esteemed Contributor

Best story I've heard in a long time!!! I've been there. It's usually Thor(male GSD)  and I that are up searching for what alerted him as the female GSD stays in bed and protects "Daddy". It drives me crazy until I can locate what is it or what was it. I think the sub dued sounds are worse than a thud. Glad you solved your mystery. Hope this night goes better for you.