Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, JAN 15)

Good morning, shopping friends.We are now half way through January with February nipping at its heels. Unreal how fast time can pass! How are we doing with our shopping goals for the year?

I had placed one order with Amazon on January 1. Last year, I had placed 108 orders. I hope to decrease that number this year. Many things I get from Amazon because of the convenience and cost compared to spending over 2 hours on the road to get to shopping and then perhaps not finding the item I need. So far in the two weeks, I have not placed an additional order but then I had no need of anything.

As far as the Q is concerned, I have ordered two pair of the QF Dream Jeannes to replace 2 pair I have had almost 3 years and are beginning to look as if they are destined for wearing around the house. Now, if I can hold out the rest of January that will be my only January Q purchase.

Tomorrow, I have a 9am appointment wth the urologist in the city for a follow up on the bladder cancer. I assume he will schedule another scope as bladder cancer comes back easily. Needless to say, this gets old.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely one day at a time.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, JAN 15)

GOod morning Ladies....thanks for starting Jean.....good luck on your doctors visit tomorrow.   I haven't ordered anything from Amazon so far this year but did order plenty before Christmas.   I am waiting for tomorrow and the IM special....I had thought I would get an email from the q but haven't so far nor have I seen anything about them on threads on q's forums.

It's a nice sunny day out..33 so the 2 inches of snow we got last night should melt.....I think the week coming looks to be pretty good as far as no snow.

Not much else here ..doing some laundry now and going out later to the supermarket, exciting I know.        HAve a nice day everyone......Marijane

Honored Contributor

Hi everyone,
https://www.pinterest.com/explore/happy-sunday/

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane--I'm surprised there hasn't been discussion about the TSV. I had forgotten about them. I think I would rather try his pants in a dressier style. I'll watch the presentation to see if I should try the TSV but with the QF I now have plenty of casual pants.

meallen--Very nice graphc as always.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

I placed an order with Lord and Taylor last night - oh boy :-)

Some costume jewelry and a new handbag.  On the bright side, if they disappoint, I can return to a store.

My middle sister and I took a 6 week break in our Sunday movie routine that started the first week of December.  I was sick one weekend, my Anna passed, the holidays came and then Mary got sick.

We resumed our outing this morning with the movie A Monster Calls.

I can't tell you how beautiful this movie is.  If you don't catch it at the show, I recommend it when it becomes available on video or by streaming, whichever you prefer.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, hoping that your appointment goes well tomorrow.   I have QF Capri's & tops but no long pants.  In fact, I am taking 2 QF tops & 1 new D & Co. top that I bought at the outlet in September to Mexico in March.  I love getting ready to go on vacation.  DH says that I have more fun getting ready to go away than I do when I get there.  I call it "having something to look forward to." 

Meallen. Cute graphic as I love snow.

Marijane, we are 30's today with 40's by Wednesday.  Enjoy your grocery shopping today.

Bird Mama, enjoy your new L & T purchases.  It is good that you can return them to the store if you don't like them.

Yesterday our church planning for 2017 was nice as was the brunch.  We are a small church, but there were 15 of us.  We don't do any suppers or rummage sales like a !ot of churches do nowadays, so it is enjoyable.

Our niece & great niece are coming for dinner tomorrow.  I am making spaghetti & meatballs with garlic bread & a fresh fruit salad.

On Tuesday our friends that are going to Mexico with us in March are coming up.  Lunch at the nice Italian restaurant & cards.

DH & I have eye appointments on Wednesday.  I might get new frames if I can find a pair that I like & then get these lenses dipped.  They will be nice sunglasses.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Good luck with your appointment tomorrow.  I just checked, and I have made quite a few purchases from Amazon already this year -- day and night moisturizer and eye cream plus a couple of other things.  I have the day and night moisturizers on the automatic plan since they are always less than the same product at Wal-Mart.  We are having cloudy and cool and a bit windy weather  here as well as off and on rain.  I know we need rain, but I sure miss the sun and warmer temperatures.  Weather wimp to be sure.

I did receive an e-mail about the IM pants, Marijane.  But, I have not ordered them so far.  I usually like to see them on-air before making a purchase.  Of course, they are not a "need" so maybe I'll talk myself out of the purchase.  That has happened sometimes, but....

Pretty graphic, meallen.

Glad you enjoyed that movie so much. Bernie.  I have heard it promoted, but not heard any "buzz" about it.  Hope you like the things you ordered from L&T.

Nice that you are already planning what you will take on your trip, twinny.  It is so good that you and your DH are able to take these trips.  Have a great time with your niece and great niece.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.

Church was crowded again this morning -- it is amazing how many more people are here in the winter.  And, the gym was hopping as well.  Very fortunately, a lady was just finishing up on "my" elliptical machine when I arrived, so I was able to use it.  DH was eating lunch when I arrived, but I was able to feed him most of his meal.  After that, we took a walk around, and sat together for a while.  I'll go back to feed him dinner, and ironing and a little cleaning are planned before I go.  

One of our friends told a very sad story on FB.  One of her friends was fine on her birthday in mid-December, but had some pain the following week.  Long story short, she had cancer that had spread, and was sent home to die surrounded by friends and family.  And, she passed on Thursday -- about three weeks after suffering the pain.  Certainly enforces the point that you should live to the fullest while you can.  

Have a nice evening everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Hi friends - Jean - I hope that your doctor appointments go well and you remain healthy.  I think that making purchases to replace items you've worn out are probably the smartest ones you can make!  Marijane - good luck deciding on the Isaac pants purchase.  meallen - happy Sunday to you too!  Bernie - hope you enjoy your L&T purchases.  I haven't even heard of A Monster Calls.  We hardly ever go to the movies, but like to hear of recommendations.  twinny - your upcoming trip to Mexico sounds nice.  Enjoy upcoming dinner with your niece and great niece.  Linda - I liked seeing the photo of your hair - I think it looks flattering and fun.  

I've been doing a bit of de-cluttering this weekend.  I found a small pile of VHS tapes from years ago.  I threw most of them away, and am copying a few onto DVD.  One is a high school project that my DD did, and it brought back good memories.  The one I'm copying today was from the 50th anniversary of D-Day.  Watching portions of that still makes me cry.  God bless the sacrifice of so many.  I'm also trying to do some quick reading of a few books that have become clutter.  (I love books, but need to do some purging.)

As for purchases, I bought an Isaac Mizrahi jacquard cardigan A281349 when it was offered one day for a much lower price.  I bought the black and white version and really like it alot.  I also bought the Fitbit Charge 2 when it was the TSV.  I am going to give my current Fitbit to my DD.  I have loved my Fitbit, and wanted to upgrade.  I've purchased a few other odds and ends, but not too bad.  I have the same goal that I had last year, which is to spend less on "wants" than I did the previous year.  So far it's been working.

Hope you all have a blessed day!  ~  Charlene

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Thank you for the movie recommendation. I haven't heard anything about it. Enjoy your Lord and Taylor purchases.

Twinny--Going on vacation is a goal one can really look forward to doing andd planning is part of the fun. After Puerto Rico this Fall, we will be looking for another place as variety is good. Good luck on your eye appointment.

Linda--I get several items via Amazon's Subscribe and Save program at the 15% savings rate. I did get a notice that my Amazon Signature Visa will be increasing its % rewards for Prime members on Prime purchases as well as having no foreign transaction fee for its use. I'm glad you were able to be with DH for lunch.

I did some binge watching of "The Strain" streamed from Hulu this afternoon. I forgot to mention that I had lost another pound this week, and that my home PT exercises appear to be keeping the pain away so far.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The movie I saw is PG-13.  Sure kids could go to it, however I think adults with some life experience will enjoy it more:

12-year-old Conor, dealing with his mother's illness, a less-than-sympathetic grandmother, and bullying classmates, finds a most unlikely ally when a Monster appears at his bedroom window. Ancient, wild, and relentless, the Monster guides Conor on a journey of courage, faith, and truth.

Image result for a monster calls

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise