Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, JAN. 1)

Good morning, everyone and Happy New Year!

I've been up since 4:30am. I was wide awake and couldn't go back to sleep so I just decided to get up and watch TV, etc.

New Year New You type stuff has started. We can make the decision to be "new" at any time of the year. It is also "Happy New Deductible Period" for many people.

I'm really starting the New Year off "right." early, so I spent an hour reviewing different items I was considering buying for "New Year New Me" (ha, ha).

I finally decided upon the item and then a promo materialized which said I could save $30 if I would tell Alexa to order it for me. Since I have an Echo, I decided to try it. After all, $30 saved is $30 that can be used elsewhere.

Alexa understood me perfectly, so the item is on its way. Have to love Amazon!!

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, JAN. 1)

Enjoy your day everyone,

Image result for welcome january animated pics

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Jean @KonaKat

In my case it's more like New Year, New Shoe, ha ha ha.

As luck would have it, I did spot a pair of boots online at Nordstrom.  I think they are exclusive to Nordies and they are not on sale so I will keep an eye on them and watch for price reductions.

I went through shoes yesterday before dinner with my niece.  Got rid of 4 pairs.  Today I hit the closet.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Happy New Year to all if the sweet posters on this thread.🎉🎉😘😘

We had a lively, albeit chilly holiday in the north country., The temp was -28  when we were at my youngest dds the week before Christmas, Poor dh spent a lot of time hudd

led under a blanket.

We have been back in our warmer place since Friday. It is cool. About 60, and rainy but it is better than below zero and snow.

my wishes for a happy and healthy 2017.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon, and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Happy New Year everyone! 

Glad you got such a good discount on that item, Jean.  Way to go.  Sorry you could not sleep well last night.  I slept better, last night, but didn't get out of bed until a bit later than normal.  It was dark and rainy, which did not help.  I know our weather is better than many, but I am just not used to cool and rainy weather.  We do need the rain.

Good for you with the shoe purge, Bernie.  Hope your closet de-cluttering goes well.

Happy you are back to warmer weather, Barbara.  But, I know you miss seeing your grands, kids, Pepper, etc.

Nice to see you posting yesterday, Arlene.  Hope your hot tub time at midnight was fun, twinny.

I decided to skip the gym today in order to spend more time with DH.  Fortunately, he was doing well, except for his eye issues.  The caregiver said he was anxious earlier so they gave him his anti-anxiety medicine.  But, he was fine when I saw him.  

Hope to get some things accomplished before going to my neighbor's house for dinner.

Waves to all of our posters and readers and have a good evening!

Hugs, 

Linda

Trusted Contributor

Good evening ladies, hope all is well.

Jean -  Thank you for starting us today, sorry you did not sleep well.  I slept in until 5:00 today, I wanted to stay on bed, but heard the dog moving about, I thought she wanted out.  She is an older dog, so I do not want ed make her wait.  Glad you got something new today. 

Meallen -  Nice graphic, we did not have snow, we had 45 degrees and sun today, we also took our Christmas decorations down outside,

Bernie -  Hope you find the boots on sale, I have gotten to the point I have to try on before buying.  I have spent too much on shipping charges.

Linda -  Glad DH is doing well, have a nice time at your neighbors.

Barb -  Hope you are in a warm area soon.

We had lunch at my Brother and SIL today, I am now very full and of course I had too many cookies after I ate.  I am glad the holidays are over, time for me to get back to better eating again.

Off to maybe do something constructive (don't think that is happening), have a good evening everyone.   Happy New Years everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

meallen--Thanks for the graphic; January and snow go hand in hand in many areas. I've been enjoying Kathleen's pics of snow at their new home.

Bernie--"New Year, New Shoes" is a great slogan for you. Good job on selecting some shoes to find a new home. Good luck on the closet!

Barbara--I imagine the warmer temps at the winter  home felt good in contrast to those negative numbers up North. Br-r-r-r-r!  The approximate 60 degrees would have to feel good in comparison.

Linda--The rain may be needed but sometimes it makes it feel chilly. I am glad that you were able to spend more time with DH and that h e seemed to be doing well. Enjoy your dinner at the neighbor's.

Arlene--It was good to see you posting yesterday. You have been missed here as I told you on FB.

Susan--It sounds as if you had a great lunch with your brother and SIL.

I spent the afternoon reading simply because I wasn't feeling the best. I feel like I'm getting a cold. Hopefully, it will not develop into one. I'll likely go to the city tomorrow. I have my exercises to do sometime this evening.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

happy new year cheers.jpg

Happy New Year ladies, hope you all have a great year, doing whatever makes you happy.

"To each their own, in all things".