Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 23)

Greetings, shopping friends. It is unreal that we are entering the last week of February. Time passes so quickly so I hope this has been a good month for you. 

It is a beautful sunny day with temps expected to be in the 50s. This is my idea of a perfect winter.

I cleaned out the fridge and cleaned the microwave this morning, and have started a bag for tossing unwanted things. Ten things a day is 3650 in a yearr. In my situation, I would never accomplish miracles in a day or a week. 

I am really tempted by the Roomba TSV.  I don't know anyone who has one but the demonstrations are very persuasive. I also liked the rose bushes that Philip Watson showed today. I think I'm more into home stuff right now than fashion. I saw the thread about how many pairs of shoes were owned. My first reaction was "too many."

I work tomorrow, so I need to get some things done today, including my exercise. For last week, I got in 81,699 steps.

Have  a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 23)

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us start, Jean.  Like you when I saw that thread about shoes, I thought too many, in fact, way too many.  It is partially sunny here, and we are expecting to reach 60 degrees today.  

I think (not sure) that our former poster Sonya had and liked a Roomba.  I kind of like the idea of cleaning without having to do so myself, but I don't think I'll be ordering it.

Great job on the exercise and good luck on the de-cluttering.  

I'm leaving for church soon, and I will become a member today.  Interestingly enough the pastor of my "old" church announced that she is retiring.  I don't know if this is common for that Protestant denomination, but in the 10 years I went to the church there were six pastors.  Lots of turnover.  

This afternoon, I plan to go to the gym.  I did quite a bit of cooking yesterday (including a huge pot of vegetable soup), so today I hope to do some cleaning.

DH's friend called yesterday evening and talked and talked -- at least an hour.  He was back from a trip to the Middle East and was pretty worn out by the long flights, etc.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice Sunday.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

Today is a mix of cloudy and sunny. The temps are suppose to go to 50. This was going to be bath weekend for the dogs but I've pushed that back a week. I usually put a fire in the fireplace when I bath them in the "off" season but it's not cold enough for that and still a little too cool outside without the sun. I'm still nursing both my knees so I thought I better take it easy a bit until they settle down.

I like the 10 items a day to declutter idea. I may use that one when I get overwhelmed with one of the big projects around here. Somebody else had a 15-20 minute pick up method that I use on occassion. They all work and fit in my schedule throughout the year. I do try to pace myself but I know that's a work in progress.

This TSV Roomba certainly caught my attention. I Dyson twice a week but still their always seems to be something on some floor. I have every floor surface and Aubusson rugs with fringe. I have a popcorn style microfiber door mat. I'm thinking that these are probably too much for machine to handle. We are going to replace the wall to wall downstairs but the area rugs will remain. Does anyone have a Roomba that handles fringe or deep pile area rugs? I thought it would be nice just to have a machine that gets in the corners instead of having to switch attachements on the vacuum. I've been trying to simplify the upkeep where possible.

I saw a pair of D&Co pants as the primetime special that I had in my saved cart last night. I had forgotton about the primetime specilas. I didn't get them. I am trying not to order any more clothing this year or at least until I get the spare room conversion completed. I trying to only order skin care and makeup as I run out and not before. Lots of goals for this year so I'm crossing my fingers. 

Hope everyone has a good afternoon/evening.

Honored Contributor

Hello Jean @KonaKat   Yesterday I decided to go through the dresser in the master bedroom where I tend to store my 'overflow'.  I've used the dresser and the closet in the spare bedroom since I bought the house.

I expected to find things that could be discarded, donated or trashed.  Apparently I did a good job when I did the quarterly assessments and related purging after I retired Woman Very Happy

I found one pullover sweater that saw better days and tossed it.  Today I addressed my boot collection Woman Surprised

These are going:

Image result for vince camuto fianna 

^^^ This is not a bad Camuto boot. 

I fell in love with the color of it and ironically the color of it is why I didn't wear it much.  Even though I sprayed the suede, this color is a dirt magnet and shows wear.  I almost needed perfect weather to wear this boot.  Also, the tassel is a bit limiting and can't be removed Woman Wink

^^^^ This is my favorite style of Lucky Brand boot - the Basel.  Why in God's name I thought I would wear a perforated boot is beyond me.  I think I fell in love with my suede Basels in dark brown and olive green and thought, wow, get a pair for summer.  There is no way I was going to wear this boot barefooted.

I think I ordered these recently as a replacement for the perforated Basel booties.

Now this shoe I can wear barefooted.  I think the slingback heel says summer more that a perforated boot that covers my entire foot.

As a shoe-a-holic I'd like to think that today was productive.  If nothing else, the one pair (blue slingbacks) came in and two pair went out. Woman Embarassed

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte   I hope that you enjoy the service today at Church and that the congregation welcomes you with open arms. 

Honored Contributor

Hi @Fressa   I don't know anything about the Roomba.  If your knees are bothering you then it's best to pace yourself.  That's how I get into trouble - I don't pace myself and then my back gets even with me Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--You have a busy day ahead of you. It was good that DH's friend still had energy to talk after a super long flight. Congratulations upon your new church membershipp. As to turnover, in some churches the ministers are rotated out by the district head because it is felt some might lose their objectivity if they become too close to the congregation. In others, the congregation votes and requests changes. It varies according to denomination.

Fressa--I really liked what the Roomba TSV could do. It is available at Amazon with the barrier thing costing extra. I think I'll be holding off until I get rid of more things and just use old faithful Shark. I really lked the idea of it going under things, so I didn't have to get down and reach under, etc. I also am trying to hold off on buying more clothes. There are some QF crops just reduced in price which I would really like. I was wearing a pair during the accident and needless to say, they did not s.urvive.

Bernie--You really have good taste in shoes. I would love to be able to wear some of those styles. Congrats upon not finding an overflow of things to be donated. Those quarterly piurging efforts have really paid off for you. You are a wise shopper and manager.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

I think I saw in yesterday's thread comments about all of the mattress TSVs QVC offers.  QVC does offer lots of mattress TSVs and I'll let you know how yesterday's TSV works out once I sleep on it for a week. Woman Wink

I sleep on a daybed by choice.  I have the Hillsdale Dorchester (but not the cool bedding shown here).

Image result for hillsdale dorchester

So what prompted me to buy a bed in a box from QVC of all places Woman Surprised

I paid alot for the mattress that is on my daybed.  When I went looking for mattresses I asked the salesman to find something else to do and leave me alone and I spent lots of time rolling all over multiple mattresses.  I am not exaggerating when I tell you that I replicated every sleep position in my arsenal across many mattresses.  I wasn't completely sold on the mattress I ended up with and I settled Woman Mad  Shame on me.

I've been debating foam and hybrid mattresses for at least 2 years.  The one thing that kept hanging me up was the base that these kinds of mattresses require.  I didn't want to give up my daybed which has a link spring suspension deck.

Image result for link spring suspension deck

I learned through my research that a link spring type of suspension deck was not good for hybrid mattress because the deck is too springy and saggy. 

I just figured out in the last two weeks that I could buy a stand alone platform bed frame that I could swap in for the suspension deck that is attached to my day bed. 

I tend to have these epiphanies right before bed time Woman LOL  The furniture guys who delivered the daybed and mattress assembled the daybed so I never really looked at how it was put together.  A couple of days ago, there I was in a dark with a flashlight and tape measure making sure I could make it work.

This is one time I'm glad QVC keeps TSVs around for an extra day or so because I watched the presentation and looked up the company (Symbol Mattresses) who makes the mattress for QVC.  I like that they are made in the USA and I believe I heard Linda mention yesterday morning that each mattress is made fresh (on demand) and that appeals to me.

Now I just need to order the platform mattress base that will fit into the rest of the construction of the daybed and I should be sleeping better in no time.  

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I don't have a Roomba, but my ddil has one & loves it.  She bought it when she had her gallbladder out a couple of years ago.  She is a critical care nurse & couldn't work or push a vacuum for at least a few months.  They have hardware floors in the kitchen with a bar island and it goes under the bar stools perfectly.  Their bedrooms are wall to wall carpet and it goes under their bed nicely.  Their bathrooms have tiles and it does a good job there too.

It's a beautiful near 50° day, so I drove downtown and did my walk around the square which I haven't done since October.  Lots of people enjoying lunch at various restaurants.

It's supposed to start snowing tomorrow night and all day on Tuesday with 6" expected.  I won't send it to those of you who don't want it!

Linda L, it was nice of your dh's friend to call you after returning from a vacation.  It sounds like you have another busy day. I hope that you enjoy your new church.  My bf goes to a Methodist church & they get a different one about every 5-7 years.  They are in a conference.  We went to a Bible church for about 30 years and  they came & left whenever they felt like it. Non denominational & no conference which was a good thing. Now we go to a small Baptist church & our pastor has been here for about 12 years. Also non denominational & no conference. Which we also like.

Fressa. Good luck with your decluttering.  I do it often &  look forward to doing it again probably in April when I can put most of my winter clothes away.  Take care of your knees.  I am not a very sentimental person except for a few family pix & my dozen or so English mugs which are near & dear to me since my late Mom and mil were both born & raised in England. Clothes & shoes I can always replace.

Bird Mama, it sounds like you are busy getting your bed just the way you want it.  So far our queen bed is doing well.  

We just got out of the hot tub and I am going to read a book that I started a few days ago.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

I'm there with you on the late night "idea" and flashlight. I'm up replacing batteries in my candles and checking the timers on the lights in the lower level. You should see me trying to write a post it note reminder to myself without trippubg over a dog toy or waking one of them up.