Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, FEB. 7)

Greetings, shopping friends. We haven't had much snow--just a dusting but an hour away it is a different story. Right now, I am watching the fashions and Kim Gravel. Oh, there are things I could order, but they are not a need at this time.

Well, I spoke too soon yesterday about the side effects of the second Moderna vaccination. Yes, I had the itchy arm which hurt and was beginning to feel very tired but attributed that to the work I had done in the morning. 

I went to bed to read and then began to develop shivering chills despite the use of a blanket. I then cuddled up with a heating pad. I don't remember ever sleeping this much. Friday night was a normal over 6 hours. On Saturday afternoon, I fell asleep with Kindle in hand much to my surprise.  I put in six hours of sleep that afternoon. I got up to take my meds for heart and watched TV for an hour thinking with sleep that afternoon--rare for me--I didn't think I would sleep that night. I u7 hours of sleep last night. Today, the exhaustion is gone, and only have slight itching and a headache. The most amazing thing is that I have no desire to eat but did try a light breakfast.

Oh SG is on, and the price is right for a top of hers which always work well for me. Elbow sleeves and a good neckline. A215099. 

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely. If you venture out, do so safely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, FEB. 7)

Hello Jean @KonaKat  and all who follow today.  I'm glad that the side effects of the vaccine aren't too bad for you.  I read about you ordering a recliner and mattress by phone and I hope you are satisfied with your purchases.

I ordered an oven (built in 2008) and sofa (2009) after I saw them in the store.  I ordered my fridge strictly online (2009) and washer strictly online (I think it was 2016).  I do lots of research and read reviews and have had good experiences.  It might not be a bad idea to have the store card, I know I use my home depot card for zero percent interest purchases and it works with my budget even though I pay them off early Woman Very Happy

We got a nice snowfall Thursday night that required me to put my back into shoveling on Friday.  We're in a bitter cold spell and the sunshine, while pretty isn't helping much.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Fressa posted this on yesterday's thread:

Hi Everyon!

It's another snowy, cold and cloudy day. It's a good thing I stocked  up with groceries when I did. I have zero engergy to attempt grocery shopping until after the Super Bowl.

KomKat--Congrats on the great buy with the recliner and mattress. I love 0% financing and free delivery. Those extra charges always seem to make a sale seem less than a deal. It's nice to have a few big purchases off the list and especially when it fits the budget.

LindaLatte-  Your lamp purchase sounds so pretty. I love stained glass lamps and have a few. There used to be a store/school that taught stained glass making and sold the products. It was just a great shop to wander around and see all the colors and designs. I miss those types of stores the most.

I spent most of yesterday with the pop-it rolling shelves installation. I have been tempted every time they were on but hesitated because of the price abd s&h. The other week they had an offer for a set of 2 with free s&h so I ordered. The installation was not bad at all. It took me awhile to get all those items organized on the racks(. I have a bit more to do today and then it's done.) I thought if it saves me from sitting on the floor trying to pull out the turkey platter or the cake l&l plate then it's worth it!!! Now I am kicking myself that I did not order a second set for under the sink. These are made strong and expand. I was pleased with them.

All of my orders arrived on Saturday. I had ordered the Just Bagels for the hubby and they are very good. The price was right. Happy I took the cahnce.

I have watched more garden shows than fashion shows lately. I don't want to tempt myself with clearance pricing but a free shipping day always calls my name. The DB jacket this morning {in pink) really caught my attention. I'm still thinking about it but wish it was a bit longer. I did find another one on sale but am trying to refrain from another jacket purchase. 

Glad to hear that everyone's shots/vaccinations are doing okay. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

@Bird mama  Bernie--I did try out the recliner at the store but I wasn't thinking "mattress" at the time. The reviews are great on it and trying out a mattress in the store is not reality. I think I am going for the zero percent card as I like the customer service of this store, and I do have future purchases in mind.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Afternoon!  Glad you didn't have too much snow, and are getting over the second vaccine, Jean.  I had read that many people have reactions to the second vaccine despite not having one after the first.  But, it is so worth it. 

When my SIL was first suffering from COVID, he lost his appetite, and I remember DD really trying to get him to eat.  He did much better when he was in the hospital, and I think he is back to normal appetite now.  It would be good for him to lose some weight, but not due to sickness.

Some of the items on sale are pretty tempting, but so far I have not ordered anything.  

Hope you enjoy the snow, Bernie.  I saw weather reports on the news, and it seems like many areas are bitterly cold.  Thank goodness I am in Arizona where we are expecting a high in the low 70's today. Since snow and cold are not my thing.

Glad you are happy with those new shelves, Fressa.  Also glad you don't need to go grocery shopping and are pleased with your orders.

On-line church went long this morning since we had communion plus small group gatherings after church.  It was interesting having communion at home, but it worked out for me. 

I don't have any big plans for the day, but I need to pick up some milk and do a little ironing.  Also plan to do an exercise DVD and take a walk in the sunshine.  I will probably watch a little of the game, but I doubt if I will watch the entire game.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice Sunday and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- I forgot to mention that I had a call from the Specialty pharmacy this morning about my Prolia shot.  I think they are in another State, but it was about 8:15 a.m. on Sunday here.  Anyway, I agreed to have them contact my doctor and send the medicine to them.  My co-pay just went up $50.  I'm glad it is my only Rx medication.

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I am glad that your worst symptoms from the vaccination are getting better.  We are looking forward to getting the 2nd vaccination in 9 days.  I am sure that you will enjoy both of your purchases and the card will be useful for you as you might be buying a few more things.  It's always nice to deal with a reliable company.  Customer service means a lot to me.  

Bird Mama, it's sunny and cold here, but I am enjoying it.  I can always add a layer when we go out and about.  We might get a dusting of snow tomorrow.  

Fressa, I am sure that you like the pull out shelf feature.  It's so nice not having to reach in to see what's there.   Its also a good way to declutter as you go. 

Linda L, yes, getting the vaccination is definitely better than getting the virus.  I am glad that your sil is doing better.  I am going to have a lazy day.  

My DH has a favorite team for the Big Game.  That bad car crash is making things worse.    I am looking forward to making a nice dinner of bbq ribs, baked potato & veggie.  Cream puffs are for dessert.  I bought a box of them when we got groceries on Wednesday.  

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Glenda--I think the merits of the vaccine outweigh the negatives so I agree with Linda on that. Side effects vary but for most it has been worse than the first and in varying ways. You might have side effects that will be minor. I guess the best advice would be to don't plan to do things on the next day in case exhaustion hits you the next day. One person locally drove on the second day and almost  wrecked when falling asleep. The person with her took over.  I have to say that your preparations sound very yummy. Too bad I can't sample!

Linda--You are very fortunate that the Prolia is your only medication but I know the deductible increase isn't one we would like. I hadn't considere d appetite loss as a side effect of the shot but had read many who have Covid lose weight because of loss of taste resulting in them no longer enjoying the food.

I guess yesterday is definitely past tense. I had all kinds of energy today. I removed a 60 lb exercise equipment from the room to get ready for the person who will be picking it up. I didn't take it apart at the bolts, etc but all the moving parts had to be secured by velcro tape for ease of transport. I also put a trunk load of donations in car to drop off tomorrow when I go to the cardiology appointment. You probably think this is really "hoarder" but I have a souvenir glass from 1957 when I played first flute in an All State Band. It is still here.