Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, FEB. 24)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a beautiful sunny day with the temperature currently at 58 degrees. For some reason, Mother Nature is giving us Spring-like weather instead of Winter. Right now, I'll take it but the seemingly non-stop rains have created mudslides, hill slides, etc. which have closed some roads and taken out some  houses. For those affected, they likely would exchange the rain for the snow. In our area, the rain has stopped for today.

As much as I liked the converta-bench TSV, I didn't order it. It will be around in the future but right now the deck will be needing a staining job which will require all the stuff to be removed. I don't have any place to store the bench until the deck is finished. I used to sit on the deck but rarely do so anymore. The AC is more comfortable in the Summer. It also isn't as private as it used to be as the side street near it goes to a section of town that is expanding. As a result, the traffic is heavier than it once was. 

I agree that it is a great deal and those who have purchased it will likely enjoy it. At this point in tiime, the only reason I would buy it would be to add deck appeal. I just like AC too much for the Summer!  Bernie, enjoy it!! I"m just too tired to make a good decision.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, FEB. 24)

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad you are having nice weather there.  It is a bit cloudy now, but it should make it up into the low 60's today, which will be great.  As I mentioned yesterday, it should make it to 70 on Tuesday.  Hopefully, we are done with freezing weather, snow, etc. for this year.  It was cold last night (upper 20's).  

I hope Bernie loves her bench.  Like you, I figured it would not be used very often here.  Often AC is a necessity here unless you want to expose yourself to way too much sun and heat.

I saw a picture of the effects of a mudslide in your State, and it looked horrible. 

Unfortunately, I think I am getting a cold or perhaps allergies.  Yesterday evening, I kept sneezing and sneezing and resorted to a cold medicine which stopped the sneezing and headache, but resulted in lots of crazy dreams.  Trying to hold off on any of that medicine today, but who knows.  If I'm up to it, I'll go to church and the gym.

Nothing exciting going on here for sure.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice Sunday.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--I am happy to  hear that your weather is improving. Cold or allergies, regardless of which, it can make you feel bad and drain your energy. I do hope you feel better.

I'm off to read and rest as I work the next four days. I had a chicken pot pie for lunch as I hadn't had one for a long time. It was acceptable but not one of my favorite items.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello Ladies...very foggy day here but in high 40's....we had gotten rain overnight but more is expected later and wind advisories are out for 60 mph gusts....the grounds are saturated as it is.  doesn't look like any snow is in the forecast this week but cold.  I wish on real foggy days drivers would put on their headlights it was really difficult to see them this mornimg.

I hope you feel better Linda and your weather keeps getting warmer as it should be!

I had also seen some pictures of your mudslides in your area Jean.  Hope you have a next few days of work enjoyable.   Bernie that bench is nice you bought.  I think the "q" has wharehouses full of beds,vacuums,those outdoor cameras etc....seems like every weekend there's a special on them!

Not much here,today st 1 pm tne Red Sox/Yanks will be playing a pre- season game down in Florida and I will be watching thst...I think the regular season opens up April 1st....seems like just yesterday it was the  world series.    I had made a big pot of spaghetti sauce with meatballs/ sausage the other day but today I'm going to have chicken Parma ...I had bought some thin sliced  chicken breasts this morning.

Have a nice day everyone...Marijane 

Oops...it's Tampa Bay tney are playing....paper got it wrong!

Honored Contributor

Hi Jean @KonaKat  it took me all day to make a decision on the convert a bench and I still took the safe 'easy pay' route 'just in case'.  

We are under an advisory for winds until tomorrow.  The wind is whipping and gusting out there. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I forget to mention the other day... Charlene @cerb  congratulations on the goat pregnancy.Heart

Honored Contributor

@LindaLatte If it's a cold, I hope it clears up quickly.

Honored Contributor

Marijane @Genny1  I don't follow baseball much however I remember being surprised when I saw on the news (awhile back) that the Tigers were in spring training.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jean, enjoy your weather while it lasts.  Those mud slides looked awful.  I am not a fan of ☔☔☔.    I hope that you have a few good teaching days.  Your vacation will soon be here.

Linda L, take care of either a cold or allergies.  Neither one is fun.  I am sure that your AC gets a good workout.  

Bird Mama, we are under a strong wind warning until 9:00 this evening.  It's sunny, but it was foggy last night.  I hope that you like the bench/table when it comes your way.

Marijane. It amazes me how people will drive in dense fog and no headlights on.  Enjoy your Yank's game this afternoon.  Supper sounds good too.

We had freezing rain on Friday night & then a lot of rain yesterday morning.  It was a big sloppy mess.  It's sunny today, but the wind is aggravating.  We had a dusting of snow this morning, but it all blew away.  It's supposed to be a cold week & I can live with it this time of the year.  

The 🌞🌞🌞 feels so good in the house.  I think that this will be a quiet week around here which is good.  I

My T.I.P.S. nail polish remover finally shipped out on Thursday and I think that it is sitting in Janesville.  

Hugs to all of you.

Trusted Contributor

Hi everybody - Jean - Hope that WV recovers from the weather-related problems.  Benie - thanks for the congrats on the goat.  Hope you enjoy the bench.  I wouldn't mind having one of those, we just don't need it right now, and that has been a shopping problem for me in the past.  Buying something that's a good deal, thinking we will use it in the future, but sometimes when the future comes, we don't use it afterall.  Linda - sorry to hear that you have a cold or allergies.  Marijane - dinner at your house sounds good.  I made corn chowder last night, which was good.  Maybe I'll borrow you idea of spaghetti and meatballs.  Not my personal favorite - but my DH and DD would love it.  twinny - sounds like you've had a wild ride in the weather department.  Enjoy your quiet week ahead. 

Yesterday was a nice sunny day, so my DH and I went on a road trip out to the desert.  We drove all around the Salton Sea, and made a stop at a place called Salvation Mountain, and Slab City.  It's just a very "interesting" place.  I might post photos on facebook.  My DH drove his new/used truck, as he wanted to see how it drove on a longer drive.  He thought it was great.  Me...not so much.  It's built to carry a heavy load - but without the heavy load, every bump in the road felt rough.  After hours of being jostled around, I started to feel a little grumpy, lol.  Still, overall, it was fun to go on the day trip and enjoy the sunshine and warmth of the desert.

Have a great Sunday!  ~  Charlene