Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, FEB. 19)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a cloudy but warm day. I can handle Winter like this although sun is always appreciated.

I must be overly tired as I slept for 9 hours last night with the norm for me being 6 to 7 hours. I have no big plans for the day other than odds and ends around the house. I did spend some time reviewing finances and making plans.

I finally broke over and purchased that First Aid double offering of moisturizing cream. I have tried it and liked it so this is a good buy.

I work at least 3 days this week and hope to make it 4 if at all possible. I enjoy working with the students and adults.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, FEB. 19)

Hi Jean @KonaKat  I must be going blind as I've been toggling between the different forums and I just now saw the post for today.  

I met my sister, my niece and her family for dinner last night at Red Robin (kid's choice).  It was nice to see the kids and their kids - had a nice time.

I was out of bread and cheese and low on a couple of other things so I did the grocery shopping today.  Good thing too as wild bird seed was on sale, lol.

It's mild and sunny outside.  I saw a bunch of robins in a field yesterday and heard a gaggle of geese honking as they flew over this morning.

Too early in the year for both of these kinds of birds to be hanging out in Michigan, but they're here now.  Let's hope we don't get too severe of a cold snap.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi everybody,

Image result for shopping weekend pics

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bernie--It is great that you had an opportunity for a meal out with relatives. Sometimes the kids choice can work very well. I do believe there was a subconscious message that the bird seed was on sale to motivate you to go grocery, etc. shopping.

meallen--Cute graphic but so far only Bernie has reported shopping and me for the FAB purchase this morning. I'm justifying that purchase as it is a good cream and I am getting low. It can be used head to toe.

Things are slow on the thread lately. I've spent the afternoon watching Chicago Med streamed from Hulu. I lead such an exciting life.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad you could get some rest last night, and I hope you enjoy subbing next week.  I saw the moisturizer presented this morning, and considered purchasing this offer.  However, I still have an unopened jar from when I purchased a set of two (not as large) in the past.  I hope I don't regret not getting the special offer, but I'm trying not to have backups of backups.  This is a particular problem with food and cosmetics.  

Hi Bernie -- glad you had a good time with your young relatives.  You are doing well with your food purchasing.  Great idea to avoid waste and save money.  

Cute graphic, meallen.  Not planning any purchases today, but I did buy a printer cartridge yesterday.  Not a "want", but a "need".

The TSV looks impressive, but the price took my breath away.  I guess I wasn't very familiar with the brand, and assumed the $499 price was a misprint when I first saw it.  Needless to say, that set will not be coming to me, regardless of how durable and nice it is.

It is cool today (high in the 50's), and we have had rain and clouds much of the day so far.  I'm looking forward to getting back to warmer temperatures soon.

I made it to the gym after church, and did a more vigorous that normal workout -- patting myself on the back.  LOL  I made it to DH's facility around noon, and they had not served lunch yet.  So, I was able to feed him lunch and spend some tie with him.  He was sitting in the wheelchair, but in good spirits.

My exciting plan is to do some ironing and a bit of exercising before I go back to feed DH dinner.   Tomorrow, I will be taking the car in for an oil change.

Waves to all of our posters and readers, and have a nice evening!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I was tired yesterday & took a nice 2 hour nap.  You must have been tired too.  I didn't see the first aid cream, but it sounds like a winner.

Bird Mama, we have also seen robins & a few gaggles of geese.  It is another sunny 60's day.

Meallen, my next purchase will hopefully be a paper shredder.  It is a definite need.

Linda L. It sounds like your DH is doing well.  It is nice that you are close to his facility.

It is another beautiful sunny day.  I hung 3 loads of laundry out this morning again.  This weather is unusual for this time of the year.

After church & lunch out I mopeded downtown for my walk.  There were lots of people enjoying eating outside on the square.  I even saw 2 artists sitting on a ledge. One was sketching our beautiful court house & the other gal was doing a water color of the court house.  Lots of people eating ice cream cones too.

DH & I are planning to go to the Capitol city tomorrow.  The thought of shopping excites me, but fatigue ruins it.  

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--a printer cartridge is definitely a need. The first thing I saw when I turned on the TV today was the presentation of that cookware. I did a double take. I'm not a professional cook so it isn't needed. I don't like sets as I don't use all the items.  The First Aid Beauty Cream has a shelf life of two years so I thought I was safe getting the set of two.

Twinny--The weather is definitely great for this time of the year, and you are taking advantage of it. I hope you are not too tired to enjoy your shopping tomorrow. Are you looking for some new outfits for the upcoming trip?

Esteemed Contributor

I am with the rest of you as I also did a double look at TSV price.  I am a one pan or pot at a time gal too.

Jean, I am mostly looking for a new swimsuit.  I bought a nice Terry cloth coverup at the outlet store last September & it was only $14.  I also bought a set of 2 QF tops that are light green & light yellow for $20.  A little bling  on the neckline, but not over the top & a red top for $10 & they all have short sleeves.  I have enough capri's to mix & match.  Since my DH & I share a checked bag, I am trying to make some sensible clothes decisions.  I have small feet, so I will wear Sketcher's, take a pair of beach shoes & a couple of pairs of dressier slides.  I have as much fun planning as I do going.  Dh just throws it in!!!