Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, FEB 18)

@PAlady  Susan, my money is always safe when they have a kitchen related TSV, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@KonaKat  I bought my brazil nuts when I went grocery shopping yesterday.  I looked high and low for a nutcracker as I don't own one.  I finally found a combo nut/lobster (yuck) cracker and put it in my cart.  I then went to the nut aisle and found  a 12 ounce bag of shelled brazil nuts ($8).  Suffice it to say, I put the nutcracker back.  I ate my 4 brazil nuts yesterday.

Honored Contributor

Marijane @Genny1  you are not alone - I've never made a smoothie in my life.  Now a shake or boston cooler float - oh yea.  I think about those gadgets for smoothies often and then I walk into the bathroom, look at myself and say - really, you're gonna make smoothies Bernie?Woman LOL 

Honored Contributor

Oh Linda @LindaLatte  I'm sorry to read that your beloved had a seizure and that the caregiver was unaware of the hospice protocol.  It was probably a knee jerk reaction on her part to call for an ambulance, however she needs to understand the protocol for residents enrolled in hospice car.  Your morning certainly started with a whole lotta drama.

Please vent anytime you need to.  I could write a book about what happened to my Ma in 2010.  She went in for observation for bruised ribs.  They overdosed her with pain medication, brought about respiratory distress.  Long story short - what started out simple on Valentines Day ended around Mother's Day that year when we finally got her out of the LTACH being weaned from a respirator.

I used to go to work, rush to the hospital or LTACH, sit vigil there and then come home and run for nearly an hour on the treadmill.  If I didn't run on that treadmill until I could barely stand, I would not be posting here - I'd be in lockup for committing a serious crime.  I couldn't be more dead serious.

It was a difficult situation to be in.  How do you get a new doctor or health care system to take on a woman who was damaged by another.  SMH

The day my Ma was to be transferred to the LTACH, she was on a ventilator and had a stomach peg for nutrition.  I walked into the room and there was a girl there trying to feed my mother solid food.  I knocked the tray out of her hand and told her to get out.  The ambulance that transferred my Ma from acute care to the LTACH said they had it under control.  I said, I am hanging on to her gurney, her bed, her hand and I am not leaving her side until we get her in the ambulance.  If someone tries one more stunt with her before I get her out of here they are going to need your services more than she is.  

Respected Contributor

Started the non spending thing and am glad to report i have bought

nothing except groceries for the last month ... or as we call it here in

my household .. the billing cycle ... we live and die by the billing

cycle !!!

Honored Contributor

Woman Very Happy  Good Job @Big Joanie

Respected Contributor

Thank you ... i'm working on it !!!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bird Mama, I saw my new GI Dr. at 7:30 on Monday &hadn't had breakfast, thus the breakfast sandwich.  And 11:00 I was sick.  I think that I had  a 24 hour intestinal flu.

My ultrasound was done on Wednesday.  

ETA I had breakfast at the clinic afterwards & I was fine