Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, FEB 18)

Good morning, shopping friends. Today is the day that if you had considered ordering something that had a huge shipping tag, then "Free Shipping Day" might convince you to break over and make that purchase...or so QVC hopes.

I'm debating the While Supplies Last Pressure Washer. At the same time, if there are any Denim & Co. or Susan Graver tops suddenly made cheaper by elimination of the shipping cost, then it might be tempting.

The reality, however, is that I don't need any new tops at this point in time. If the item didn't work, there would still be the $6+ shipping to send it back.  Free shipping does not relieve us of the responsibility of carefully evaluating the possible purchase. If it something we might have purchased with shipping cost added, then free shipping is an incentive to close the deal.

I am really trying to put a freeze on purchases by adhering to my "allowance" for the month. So far, so good! I don't have a power washer, so I'll carefully consider it. Oh, I like that bluetooth tracking device but no impulse purchase here!

Hav a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, FEB 18)

I have done no shopping, because I injured myself on Monday.

After my liver ultrasound I got very sick & passed out.  I don't know if it was from sausage egg muffin.  I fell & bruised my arm, have a stiff neck & hurt my ribs.  Luckily I didn't break anything, but I scared my DH.

I am still waiting for my ultrasound results & feel much better.  The heating pad is my bf.

Our weather has been nice.  

Hugs to all of you.

I am working on my bathroom project slowly but surely.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--I am so sorry that you fell and injured yourself. I hope you find the cause of your passing out. I also hope your test results carry good news. Do take care of yourself. Pace yourself in your activities.

I may or may not work tomorrow. I was contacted to work tomorrow in place of a teacher trapped by flood water. Now, she thinks she will be able to make it. As a result, I am on stand by. We are about to have a strike on Thursday and Friday, so working tomorrow would be good to help get my weekly goal in.

I'm watching "My 600-Lb Life" instead of "In the Kitchen." One reminds me of why I shouldn't be eating goodies in excess while the other tells me how easy it is to make said goodies with the gadgets being sold.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Jean - Thank you for starting us today.  Hope you find a few things you like to order.  Like you said, if it doesn't work for you, you have to send it back.

I really don't need anything, I have sent too many things back in the last two months.  I am going to do a no buy from the Q next month.  

Twinny - I am sorry about what happened to you.  I hope you are feeling better today.   I wish you good luck on your procedure.

Not much going on here today. I keep watching the Vitamix demonstrations, I really like them but just can not justify buying one.  I just gave my Ninja to my sister to sell on her facebook.  I thought I would make smoothies in it.  I made two smoothies and decided I just am not a smoothie person.   I would drink them it someone else made them, but I just don't want to make them.

Welll off to do something constructive here.  Have a good day everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Susan--Good luck on the non-buying month. Like you, I have no need for a Vitamix. I don't remember the last time I used my Ninja which worked very well. Like you, I am not into smoothies that much. Just can't justify the cost. I might buy a couple of smoothies a year when on a trip but that is it.

Trusted Contributor

hello Ladies, sorry about your fall and thankful you did not hurt yourself too badly Twinny. I hope your liver results come out fine.  WE did wake up to 7 inches of snow this morning but it has been a very sunny day and on Wednesday it's supposed to go to 65 so I guess the snow will be gone quick......

Our kids have off tomorrow.....they used to get the whole week off for "winter break" but that was stopped a few years ago.....I"m not sure about their spring break.

Susan I don't think I have ever made a smoothie in my life.....they do look good however!  NOt much going on here either. I am making a big pot of spaghetti sauce and doing some laundry.....that's about as good as it gets.         Have a nice day everyone.....Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane--The weather is so odd. We had a deluge of rain; 30 miles away, the rain was replaced by snow with roads being closed because of wrecks. We did have tomorrow off for President's Day but it was converted to an instructional day to make up one of the snow days.

I was checking my order status and saw a notice that the order return labels for Feb.1-12 were wrong; therefore, individuals returning anything should print the return label from the order summary page. I ordered two things and returned them.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  I have had quite a day so far, and I didn't even realize it was free shipping day.  I'm sure you will consider purchases carefully.  I used to have a pressure washer which I liked and used in Maryland.  However, it didn't make the cut when we moved.  While one might be useful here, I think I would probably let the pros do the pressure washing for me.  They did so before painting the house and sealing the roof.  Hope you are able to work tomorrow if you want to do so.  Interesting about the strike.  I don't think I have heard of teachers strikes in this area at least. 

So sorry you passed out and injured yourself twinny.  Hope you feel better soon, and you find out the cause.  Hugs.

Hi Susan.  I own a Vitamix and love it, but I do make smoothies and other things in it.  I purchased it a few years ago when I was at a sort of weak point (with DH, etc.)   Not sure I would do so now that it is just me here.....  Hope you succeed in resisting purchases for a while.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.

I don't have a phone in the bedroom (long story), and I turn off my cell at night so I won't be disturbed.  Anyway, this morning the phone rang about 5:50, and I was sleeping.  The person didn't leave a message, and I tried to get in my extra 10 minutes of rest.  When I got up at 6:00 and turned on my cell phone, I found the overnight caregiver at DH's facility had left a message, so I returned her call.  She said DH had a seizure (she had put him in his chair and he sort of slumped over, bit his lip, etc.)  While the seizure didn't last long, she was frightened and called the EMT's, and they had just taken him to the hospital. 

I was pretty upset since DH is on hospice, and he really should not be going to the hospital unless the hospice nurse or doctor orders it.  Anyway, I told her she should have called hospice, gave her the number, and I called the hospital.  He had just arrived by ambulance a few minutes before I called, and I told them not to do anything with him (tests, etc.)  They had already drawn blood, put him on oxygen, etc.  The doctor said he would cancel the rest of the tests, and they would discharge him.  

I knew there would be paperwork to do, so I went down to the hospital, and filled out all sorts of forms, etc.  Then, I went in to see DH, and the doctor came in a little while.  He said that they would arrange for DH to be transported back to his facility.  I called hospice to let them know what was happening, and they said they knew the background (the caregiver had called them.)  Since the hospital said they would arrange transport, hospice said that was okay.  Then, I waited and waited.  DH was sleeping most of the time.

It was after 9:00 a.m. by the time the ambulance arrived.  I got to the facility about the same time as the ambulance.  The hospice nurse (not his regular nurse) was there, as was a different caregiver (who I like and trust much more than the one who called emergency.)  Anyway, I stayed with him until about 11:00, and the caregiver gave me a cup of coffee.  I had done nothing before I went to the hospital -- not even brushed my teeth.  And, I was afraid to leave DH to get some coffee or water at the hospital since I kept waiting for the ambulance.  

Sorry for the long story, but I needed to share with someone since I am afraid I'll explode.   I will definitely talk to the director tomorrow.  This is the same caregiver who ignored the hospice nurse's orders about pureed food.  

I have been to the gym, and I'll go back to visit DH later.  I told the caregiver to call if there were any problems.  The hospice nurse called the doctor, and they are increasing DH's anti-seizure medicine.

Now, I'm second-guessing my phone placement.  Just too upset to do anything about it at the moment, but.....

Have a nice day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- Hi, Marijane.  You are having weird weather there.  It is supposed to get cooler here starting tomorrow (highs in the 50's or low 60's rather than the high 60's today) and more chance of rain.  So, I guess the weather is a little strange here as well.  We had some 80 degree days in January and now cooler in February.  I think DH's granddaughters will be disappointed since they were hoping to go swimming while they are here (next weekend).  Maybe it will be warmer than predicted, but.....

That is strange about the return labels, Jean.  What are you returning?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello, I went to see Black Panther today, it was good "graphic novel/comic"  come to life.

I ended up placing an order with JCP.  After looking through my t-shirt drawer and assessing the quality of what was in there, I decided to focus on basics.

Sales were pretty good and I stuck with the brands that have served me well over the years.

3 long sleeve tees in white

St. John's Bay Long Sleeve V Neck T-Shirt-Womens Talls

1 long sleeve tee in olive

St. John's Bay Long Sleeve V- Neck T-Shirt- Talls

St. John's Bay V-Neck  T-Shirt- Talls

St. John's Bay Crew Neck T-Shirt- Talls

Reversible black/brown belt - had one before and wore it out

Mixit™ Reversible Belt

I had to have this blouse, reduced to $19

Liz Claiborne 3/4 Bell Sleeve V Neck Woven Blouse- Talls

So far, I've pitched 5 worn and pilled tees and one cheapie blouse from Kmart that I adored that has a stain on it that I can't Shout out or scrub out.

I have 2 prs and jeans and 2 tops (worn once and laundered) that are in the donation pile.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@twinny70 I'm sorry you got sick and passed out.  When they do an ultrasound, they tend to press on the area being tested so maybe they got your liver/tummy aggravated and the sausage/egg muffin was too much right after.  I'm so relieved you didn't break anything.  Falling is so unsettling, emotionally and physically - it shakes your insides up.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise