Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, FEB 12)

Good morning, shopping friends. The sun is finally out after a morning of pouring rain and dropping temperatures.

I checked the statement for my card I pay in full each month and compared it to the same month of last year. I am down $230 for the February statement compared to the 2016 February statement. Considering that I put nearly all my expenses on that card for the rewards, I consider that some progress. I also have over $900 in cash back awaiting me to use whenever I want. I've been letting it accumulate for a few years.

I am debating ordering that First Aid cream offering of two jars at the special price for this month. I have used it, the WEN body butter, Jose Maran, and L'Occitaine. For the price, the FAB cream is just as good.

Today, I began watching how much food with fiber, etc. I consume as Tuesday I have to begin that cleansing prep for the bladder scope and the kidney scope. It is required for the kidney scope in order to be able to navigate the ureters to the kidneys more easily. I would prefer not to do it but it has to be done.

When March or April arrives, I'll be gearing up for some fashion refreshing but right now, I don't need anything. Resistance is not futile!!

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, FEB 12)

Good morning!  Jean - I agree with you and Bernie about yesterday's TSV.  I'm wide in the hips and can't imagine wanting a distinct ruffle there - also don't think that the babydoll look is quite "me."  Funny, I remember my Mom always telling me never to assume that because one article of clothing in a store fit right, that the others' would fit just like it.  She would make me try one each piece.  I would roll my eyes.  When I was an adult though, I learned that lesson the hard way.  The same items of the same size, don't always fit the same.  Twinny - sorry to hear about the fatal car accident in your town.  Heartbreaking for the families.

Yesterday was a productive day.  We ran a bunch of errands, and we trimmed the hooves on all of our goats.  Our oldest goat is Falina.  She is about 14 years old, which is elderly.  She has what is called a precocious udder.  That means that even though she hasn't been bred, every spring she develops an udder and starts producing milk.  In some circumstances that might be a wonderful thing, but I feel sorry for the old girl.  We have to milk her enough so that she doesn't get mastitis, but not enough that it encourages her to make more milk.  So, for the next 6 months or so, I will need to milk her about once a week.  

I don't have much planned for today, which sounds good to me.  Hope you all have a blessed day!  ~  Charlene

Honored Contributor

Hi Jean @KonaKat, we got some rain too last night.  From what I saw briefly this morning, it's going to get windy here later.

@cerb  Charlene, I have a dumb goat question.  You mentioned Falina (beautiful name) develops an udder.  I thought animals with udders had them all year long?  What am I not understanding about animals that give milk?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

cHello Ladies...crummy day here..started as freezing rain  this morning and turned into snow and it 's still coming down..it's supposed to get windy here today and also tomorrow.   WE were supposed to go Into Brooklyn this morning for the Boy/Cub scouts communion breakfast my GS is a Cub Scout,we had gone last year and it was nice, but we weren't going to travel down there this morning when we saw the ice.   I think we are having all of our snow this month..I think another storm is coming in mid week.

I hope your procedures goes well for you this week Jean.   TWinny sorry to hear about the accident  in your town the other day...keeping the families in my prayers.

Hope your DH' s daughter had a nice  visit with her dad over the weeekend LindaL.

Not much going on here,  Have a nice day everyone....Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, it is a beautiful sunny day, but very windy.  Good luck with your prep diet.  I have been watching what I eat because I see my GI Dr. on Wednesday.

CERB, this horrible car accident that claimed 3 teenagers lives makes me realize how precious & delicate our bodies are.  I thank God every day for what I can do & don't worry about what I can't do.

I did have a good day celebrating the life of a family member yesterday.  I have wonderful 2nd cousin's & my 1st cousin came for the day & stayed over last night.

DH & I had lunch out after church today & then came home to find a phone message from my GF saying that her DH has cabin fever & if we wanted company they would come up to play cards.  They are on their way up.  

Bird Mama hi to you too.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

@Genny1 wrote:

cHello Ladies...crummy day here..started as freezing rain  this morning and turned into snow and it 's still coming down..it's supposed to get windy here today and also tomorrow.   WE were supposed to go Into Brooklyn this morning for the Boy/Cub scouts communion breakfast my GS is a Cub Scout,we had gone last year and it was nice, but we weren't going to travel down there this morning when we saw the ice.   I think we are having all of our snow this month..I think another storm is coming in mid week.

I hope your procedures goes well for you this week Jean.   TWinny sorry to hear about the accident  in your town the other day...keeping the families in my prayers.

Hope your DH' s daughter had a nice  visit with her dad over the weeekend LindaL.

Not much going on here,  Have a nice day everyone....Marijane

Our DS called last night & they got their first taste of winter.  Not a foot of snow, but enough that he left work at noon on Thursday.   It was back to work on Friday for him.  

Sorry that your travel plans had to be cancelled.  

Thanks for keeping our hometown in your prayers.  It surely is a parents worst nightmare.  

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bernie - I don't think it's a dumb question at all.  Most of us aren't born and raised on farms anymore, lol.  Goats have 2 teats all the time.  But about one month before a pregnant doe gives birth, the udder forms, which is the whole mammary system that supplies milk to the teats.  They only develop enlarged udders if they get pregnant.  In dairy goats, the udder gets pretty big.  After their kids are grown and weaned, or if we stop milking them,  milk production slows, and the udder shrinks right back up. Young goats, ones with good confirmation, or ones who haven't had many babies, will have little to no visible udder most of the time.  If a goat doesn't have good confirmation, the udder hangs down kind-of loose and flabby.  Since Falina has produced milk every year, she has a flabby looking udder all the time.  She's a good goat, I wish her body would give her a year off from producing milk.  Hope that explains it a little better.

Honored Contributor

@cerb

Wow, I learn alot from you.  Thank you for taking the time.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Hi everybody,

Related image

Trusted Contributor

Hello everyone - we have had beautiful weather the last 3 days, should continue into this next week.  The following week, not so much.

My new purse should be here tomorrow, I can hardly wait.  Hope I love it, it was more than I usually spend and D&B a new manufacturer for me.

Yesterday, we found out our youngest son slid on ice with his vehicle and slammed into a telephone pole.  Totalled his truck, scary.  Thank God he wasn't hurt and didn't hurt anyone else.  Now, what to do about a vehicle - that's the topic for today.

I'm sorry to hear about a deadly accident Twinny.  My prayers go out to the families involved, so horrible.

Those of you keeping an eye on your spending, any improvement is a milestone in my book, congratulations!!

Hope you all have some nice weather in the near future.

Keep those CCs locked down, if you can.