Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, DECEMBER 11)

Good Evening and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  I enjoyed "The Crown", and i'm looking forward to the future installments.  Glad your Halo worked.  I guess I'll try mine when I have a chance.  Too busy now.

Glad you are finished shopping meallen.

I don't do much Christmas shopping -- mostly gift cards, donations in honor of folks, and cash.  Can't say that I miss the rush to buy things.  Having things delivered is a lot easier than running from store to store like the "old days".  

Your weather doesn't sound nice, Marijane.  I remember the grocery stores always being mobbed when snow was predicted.  I'm sure your big tree will be lovely.

Thinking of you Bernie -- hope you have no problem with getting the flowers, and the funeral is okay.  

Hi twinny -- glad you will be hosting Christmas.  It is great that you can have your children and grandchildren there.  I know it doesn't matter how old your parents are, you still miss them when they are gone.  Hugs.

My foot has grown over the years, Charlene.  I used to be size 6, but now I'm size

6 1/2 or 7, and I'm 5'3" (used to be taller, but....)  Anyway, I usually wear size medium slippers if they are 6 1/2 - 7.  The size small is okay, but a bit skimpy.  Since I have a narrow foot, I like to try the slippers on before I buy them.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.

I had a very nice trip, but DH was not doing well when I visited him last night or early afternoon today.  He was very shaky, and had trouble walking and sitting.  He almost fell several times yesterday evening, and his eyes were bothering him.  A social worker at the facility had a meeting for families about how to cope with the holidays today at noon, and I was pretty upset when I visited him afterward just to find he was still so shaky.  Fortunately, he was better when I returned to feed him dinner.  I have a lunch/bookclub meeting tomorrow, so I will not return until tomorrow afternoon.  Fingers crossed he will be okay.

Still trying to get back into the swing of things -- it really should not be that difficult when I was only gone three days, but.....

Sleep well everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, DECEMBER 11)

Evening All. Thanx @KonaKat for the start, & good for you to just stay in & be warm

@twinny70, you will feel this way for many years to come, I still do after losing my DH the day after Christmas some years ago, it does get easier but never goes away

@cerb, I have found with slippers that they tend to stretch somewhat, so mine are ok with heavy sox, I guess what I'm saying is that I'd size down, must say tho that mine are the Target variety so nothing big $$

@twinny70 me too as far as the gift cards will get that done this week, enjoy the hot tub

@Genny1 yes we got hit, O'hare was having many delays, etc, I did not go in (as I was called to help out) had too much to do here, what with shoveling etc, I'm due in on Tuesday hopefully all will be set right by then, but who knows 

@meallen616, lucky you, enjoy the feeling

@Bird mama, Sorry to hear about the florist, seems like there's always something, will be thinking of you & your family in the  coming days, try to stay strong.  Too bad about the Halo, I didn't order one as I have a new battery, but I hope I don't regret it

Well it's still snowing again, I shoveled a few hours ago but now will let it go, I'm sure DS will be here soon to check up, he'll have his snowblower so he'll make quick work of it & will plow my alley so I'll be able to get out.  Now we await the deep freeze, problem is always frozen pipes so I have to remember to let the water run, does do a number on the water bill but the alternative is not good.  Must remember also to get the insulaters on the outdoor spigots don't want them to freeze either, this is just so early in the season to have these problems, hope January doesn't get worse

Have a good evening

Essie