Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, DEC. 9)

[ Edited ]

Good morning, shopping friends. We are not having snow as it passed to the south of us about 3 hours away. Right now, I am watching the Temptations show as I unbox some items from Amazon and the Q. They are my Santa and I have been too, too good to myself.

Some of the items are a need. For example,  the calcium supplement I take was not available at WalMart as it was sold out and the local drugstore had it for $3 more than Amazon.

One of the items was a fake rock in which to hide a house key with the fake rock being  hid among decorations, landscaping, etc   The picture doesn't do it justice but the fake rock does look real.  The "rock" had great reviews. It does look like a real rock when closed.

Keyhider.jpg

I work the next two days so I hope to use part of this day organizing, and seeing what surplus I have can leave the house. When not doing this on a daily basis, it tends to get out of hand.

David V. is celebrating his anniversary with QVC. He told the news at a TV station in our state before going to the Q. 

Take time out of your busy schedule to drop in and say "hello" and let us know  how you are doing. Prayers with all who are facing illness or adversity in any manner.

Have a great day! Think positively and if you shop, shop wisely!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, DEC. 9)

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Happy the snow missed your area since I know you don't like it..

Glad you are treating yourself, and that rock looks like a good idea.  I used to have one in Maryland, but it did not make it out to Arizona.  It seems to me that DH might of hidden a key under a real rock here, but I am almost positive that it is no longer there.  A few years back I took advantage of a program through the fire department where you get a lock box on the front of your house where you put your key, and the fire department is able to open the lock box.  I think it cost about $75 or so, but it so worth it in terms of peace of mind.

Not sure if I mentioned it here, but the volunteer appreciation party yesterday was nice.  I also managed to get my usual Saturday chores done.  

I have been treating myself way too much, so I'm hoping that I won't find anything else that triggers "wanty".  I was on the waitlist for a Kipling bag (Kipling Hobo Handbag - Bailey) since early November, and now it is coming to me.  I already have the navy version and this one is red.  Not a need for sure, but I like the bag a lot and wanted a red one.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice Sunday.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Enjoy your Kipling bag. Waitlist sometimes does deliver and it is neat when it is something you have and know it will be a winner. I'm glad your appreciation dinner went welll. I also like the idea of that  key lockbox but we don't have anything like that in the area.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Good Morning Jean @KonaKat   I like the rock. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Hi Linda @LindaLatte  Glad you had a nice time at the volunteer appreciation party.  I like the Bailey bag.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't written anything the past couple of days, though I've been trying to read all of the posts.  Jean - we also have a fake rock, though it is not in use at the moment.  When my DCs were teenagers it seemed they were often forgetting their keys, so the rock came in handy.  The last time I checked it, it was inundated with ants and needed to be removed and cleaned.  I need to find a new hiding place for it.  I've been enjoying the packages coming for myself as well, lol.  Though I have most of mine coming from ebay and the Q.  Like you, I have been too, too good to myself, lol.  I admire your organizing and purging activity.  Linda - Belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!  Glad to hear that your volunteer appreciation party was nice.  The lockbox for your housekey sounds like a good idea, and like Bernie, I think the Kipling Bailey bag looks nice.

My updates: Thursday was busy with attending Bible study and going to Starbucks with friends.  Then most of Friday was spent at my mother's.  My DD and I decorated her house for Christmas and then stayed to visit with her for a while.  Yesterday I worked some more on decorating my own house, but had to quit as my sinus headache progressed into a migraine.   I just rested after that, and am wondering if I'm ever going to finish my Christmas decorating.  I've also barely started shopping for gifts, which is something I like to get done as early as possible.

Last night at 8:15 there was supposed to be a rocket launch from Vandenberg AFB.  We went down into our field and were watching the launch on a cell phone, then hoped to see the aurora-borealis type lights in the sky caused by the launch, but wouldn't you know it, the launch was scrubbed in the last 4 seconds.  Bummer.  Hope we hear about when the launch gets rescheduled and can remember to look for it.  We live quite a distance from Vandenberg, so sometimes we see the light show and sometimes we don't.  It just depends.

I don't know if I feel like going to church today or not.  I'm just feeling tired.  Hope you all have a pleasant day!  ~  Charlene

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Charlene--What a bummer the rocket launch was scrubbed in the last few seconds! It is quite an experience to see one of those. I saw a night launch of a rocket from Kennedy when staying near Orlando. Very spectacular! I'm glad someone here has used one of those fake rocks to hide keys.  I am sorry that you have developed a sinus headache. Things like that can really put a damper on holiday planning and activities.

I don't feel so bad about my Christmas spending after reading what Dave Ramsey said.  I'm not a total Ramsey advocate but some of his info is good:

https://www.daveramsey.com/askdave/just-for-fun/whats-reasonable-for-christmas

Trusted Contributor

@KonaKat hi Jean, I just listened to the little snippet of Dave Ramsey, and think it is a good ballpark figure.  I too like to listen to him, though, like you,  I don't agree 100%.  In January I'll probably do some organizing/purging and I might listen to more of his podcasts for inspiration.