Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, DEC. 8, 2019)

[ Edited ]

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a beautiful but cooler day. Today is the anniversary of John Lennon's death. One quote attributed to him states, "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."  Sometimes we are so focused on achieving goals that we overlook the good things that are already present in our life, or we are so focused on other things that we overlook warning signs that our life might be going off track.

So much for philosophy, etc., I had a great night's sleep so I am feeling very good right now. I've been watching the Q but the Philosophy, etc. isn't calling out to me. I did see the snow shovel that Bernie and I have presented. Last year, we didn't have bad snows so it got limited use; hopefully this year will be the same. What did I pick up from watching the Q this morning? We are to consider it the nation's department store carrying a wide variety of name brands.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, DEC. 8, 2019)

Hello Jean @KonaKat  

There is an upcoming TSV that I saw online (before the preview presentation) that I'm considering.  I checked out some cheaper versions elsewhere and may still look for a closer match, however this one would be useful to me:

https://www.qvc.com/180-Deluxe-Battery-Organizer-Storage-Case-w-Battery-Tester.product.V36346.html?s...

Years ago, I think it was at Home Depot, I bought an Energizer battery organizer that came with batteries.  It looks like this and I just learned thanks to Google U that this thing is considered 'vintage'  This one is not mine.  I use Energizer, not Duracell batteries Woman Happy

Related image

I tend to buy AA and AAA batteries in larger quantity packages to save money.  My energizer case holds only so many batteries and then I have packages here and there which kind of defeats the purpose of a battery organizer.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bernie--Th. at is a neat and efficient battery organizer. I would never have 180 batteries, however. I use rechargeable AAs and AAA and have one package backup for the C;s and Ds. When the rechargeable batteries need a charge, I just pop in the backup set.

I was just reading the thread on improving the "at home" look. I admit that I go very casual in the Winter with my Hanes. With the other seasons, I tend to be a little dressier and wear more make up at home. Winter is more hiberbnation for me with dressing up and full make up done only when venturing to the city. If I make a run to town that takes no more than a half hour, I'll like change into some better but not bother with make up. I've been told I have great skin.

Last day for sweepstakes. As usual, I never win anything.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad you slept well last night.  I did too, but didn't get to bed until late, and really wanted to sleep in a bit.  It didn't help that it is very cloudy here.  We have had some light rain.  Somehow it seems cooler when it is cloudy and rainy.  Actually, not too bad.  Hope you don't get too much bad weather (including snow) this winter.  I know you don't enjoy driving on snowy, icy roads, and I certainly agree.  Not much of an issue here.

I have a smaller/different version of that battery case, Bernie.  They sold it here, but I picked it up on Amazon since there was no S&H.  I have been enjoying it.  Like you, I buy the large packs of AA and AAA batteries since I have so many battery operated things like candles and Christmas lights, etc.  

I am considering a different item,  Black Friday special E233674 which you can use to copy photos from your phone, etc.  It is less expensive here than Amazon, and gets pretty good ratings.  I doubt that I will resist the purchase, but I haven't ordered it yet.

Church ran late again, and I haven't decided whether or not I will go to the gym this afternoon.  Still can't use that much of the equipment, and I have dumbbells, etc. at home.  Decisions, decisions.

Sort of overwhelmed with all the birthday wishes from yesterday.  Thanks so much to all of you.

Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--I ordered  E233674 this morning after reviewing it and looking at other options. I do need a backup and this seemed great for the price. It seems that we often think alike. Enjoy the rest of the day!

Esteemed Contributor

Just FYI, I ordered it as well.  Like you Jean, I think it is a good value.  Glad to  know you felt it might be a good purchase