Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, DEC. 4)

[ Edited ]

Bernie--I just shopped your favorite store. There was something I will need in a couple of months as it is getting low. I saw the eBates offer of 15% cash back so I have some Ole Henrikson coming to me. These big cash backs usually get limited after the "ho ho" season so I decided to bite now. Glad your cold is better.

Snicks--I usually use easy pay at the Q simply because it just ties up one payment just in case it needs to be returned. The fact that it is on easy pay does not make me buy it any more than if it were not on easy pay. After all, anyone who checks my Amazon account will see that I order a lot and not on easy pay. I do hope Trucker Girl has a safe trip.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Afternoon All, Thanx @KonaKat for the start.

Hope all are having a good day, colds on the mend, & safe driving.

We are getting snow now, it started this am as I was coming back from my out of County shopping, knew it was coming so I wanted to beat it, it started at my destination with just a few flurries, waned as I headed home, but the last few hours have been steady fairly heavy flakes, they are saying 4" which is workable, at least here in ChiTown, so I'm planning on heading out tomorrow for a few things that 7 year old GD wants from me, don't know why it's me but whatever.

Hope all that are having the snow now will be safe on the roads,

thinking of @Snicks1 trucker girl, I know she's in my area quite a bit, safe driving for her.

Well ladies, enjoyed all your posts today & sending hugs your way

Essie

Esteemed Contributor

meallen, perfect graphic today.  My DH went to church alone as I stayed in bed until 9:15.  I decided to make scrambled eggs & sausages for lunch & he comes home later than normal.  Of course he went to Dollar General for 2 jars of Planter's Peanuts.

Jean, I know that I will enjoy the new steamer & have a few things ready to steam.  I usually iron before we travel & it kills my back.  Speaking of traveling, my brothers college bound son leaves tomorrow for a week of swim team events in Puerto Rico.  

Bird Mama, the snow is so beautiful.  It is so nice to see white roofs & trees.  The ski resorts are desperate for snow this year as we got very little last year.  I don't know what the old Indian formula predicted yet, but if the snow came on Wednesday the 30th, we would be that many plus the age of the moon.

SNICK's, your DD should be fine as we have no wind & it is light & fluffy.  Treats are extra fun this time of the year whether we need them or not.  I don't make many, but our DD Makes quite a few yummy things for both sides of our family for Christmas Eve lunch & Christmas Day lunch.

Esteemed Contributor

SPIX, We were posting at the same time.  I just love snow, especially when are having fun in the hot tub.  I haven't been in for 3 days because of my cold.  I will venture in tomorrow.   I can't remember my last cold.  I try to avoid crowds this time of the year. I usually shop mid week.

I haven't started my Christmas shopping yet.  Good thing that we don't have many to buy for.

I think that the Christmas cards are calling my name.  Last year I did very few as I had to do mom's as I wanted her friends to know that she was in an assisted living home.

Nothing like snow to get me in the Christmas spirit.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  No TSV for me since I have a Keurig that is still working quite well.  Not sure if mine is the same model as the TSV, but if so this one is a bargain compared to what I paid.  No Clarisonic for me either since mine is doing fine.

I can't explain why, but I'm not accomplishing much this weekend.  I enjoyed the party yesterday and made it in time to feed DH dinner.  But, doing my financial review took ages, and I still have a bit more to do.  Also discovered that I had messed up some money transfers.  Nothing bad, just need to revise some of my numbers.

This morning, I didn't have time for a regular walk before church (just did some walking at the house), and then church ran late.  I did make it to the gym after church, and got in my "goal" of 11,000 steps by the time I left the gym.  I usually walk many more steps per day (normally 18,000 - 20,000), but this week may be the exception due to trips, etc.  Oh well, I am pretty determined to at least do the 11,000 steps.  DH seems to be doing well.  They keep the facility fairly warm, and DH was in shorts and a T-shirt.  I put on a sweatshirt just in case.  

I think that graphic is right on meallen.

Sounds like a busy week for you twinny.  Glad you are taking it a little easy and enjoying the snow today.  I don't own a steamer, but ironing doesn't usually bother me.  There was a time after my accident a few years back that I found it to be difficult on my back, and I tried sitting down to iron.  Not good.

I think your body needed the extra rest, Bernie.  I'm with you about the charger -- purchased mine on Easy Pay, but I'm pretty sure it is a keeper.

Hope you enjoy making the treats if you do so snicks.  Hope trucker girl has no problems with the weather.

Glad you made it home with no problems, Essie.  I'm sure your GD will like the gift.

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, Susan, Charlene, Marijane, 3suwm5, butterfly, Barbara, Rosa, Karen, Gayle, LindaR, pinky ann, and all of our posters and readers.]

I need to get some gas for the car, and get back to work here.  I'll be going on a lunch trip tomorrow that should be fun.  But, I'll probably be late in posting.

Have a nice evening everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Enjoy your trip tomorrow. Getting in over 11,000 steps is quite an accomplishment with all that you do. It is good that DH is kept warm; sometimes, it feels as if some places ar e chilly but then I am cold natured. Sorry that you had a problem with your financial record keeping. Sometimes I do number reverals so frequent checks head off any problems.

I spent the afternoon in my usual Sunday routine of reading. I may be working tomorrow so after dinner, I will do a few more things around the house.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

I've managed to get all of the Christmas decor' up with the exception of the small (3 ft) tree.

I also shopped JCP (drats!)

I'm not a yellow gold person - I do fashion jewelry gold-tone.

I bought these

Liz Claiborne Stud Earrings

Liz Claiborne® Gold-Tone C-Hoop Earrings

Shell

Worthington Shells Talls

Sweater

a.n.a Long Sleeve Crew Neck Pullover Sweater-Talls

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie---Great choices. Enjoy!!

Honored Contributor

Thought I would share a couple of the t-shirts I bought myself while shopping last week. I know, lots of people wouldn't be caught dead in a t-shirt with "sayings" on them. That's fine, I enjoy some, if they aren't rude or crude. I always got a kick out of the t-shirt Seinfeld always wore, anyone remember them, lol? Anyway, as you ladies know, most of my life is hanging around the house/yard, working on various tasks, these work for me and I like them.

Anyway, here they are, hope you get a chuckle from them like I do.

darn books i have stuff to do.jpg

earth without art.jpg

thats irony.jpg

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

@Snicks1

I like the t-shirts :-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise