Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, DEC. 4)

Good morning, shopping friends. The shopping incentives at the Q continue with  a minimum of 5 easy pays, as well as the incentives flooding the inbox.  Tis the season to be jolly and spend, spend, spend or the merchants would have us to go overboard.

Gifting is great but no one wants to live with the regrets of seeing  payments for it extend months afterwards. Discretion is important as you exercise living within the budget.

I have a Keurig which I use at times so I don't need the TSV despite it being an improved version. Instead of buying a Keurig or other Q item at this time, I am trying to practice restraint. I have done my damage and really don't see the need for more.

I was up at 6am and have been doing odds and ends such as going through mail, ditching unwanted papers, etc. This being on the go working plus running to the city for physical therapy has left me little time to do things around the house. When I do PT, the last thing I want to do when I get home is work around the house.

I do have my Halo charger charged and ready to be put in the car. Small steps do eventually get things done.

I was thinking that they had forgotten the Clarisonic as a Christmas item, but they are now pushing it. I have the Mia but this one is the facial and body cleansing system but still don't need it.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, DEC. 4)

Hi everyone,

https://www.pinterest.com/explore/funny-shopping-quotes/

Esteemed Contributor

meallen--Great graphic. Women like to comparison shop; men usually see what they wanted and get out of the shopping area as soon as possible.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Jean, you enabled me yesterday as I ordered the Rowenta steamer.  My other steamer is an American Tourister many years old.  PT always wore me out & I wasn't working, so I can see why you get little else done.

I got up late to see some beautiful snow.  2-4" which is very manageable.  The snow plows have just gone by both sides of our house.  We live on the corner.  DH is at church while I am having a "take it easy day.". My cold is much better, but it will be a busy week.  We are picking up a side of beef tomorrow that we bought from our pastor's dad last month, Tuesday I have my Bone density test & Dr. follow-up.  Thursday we plan to go to our other DGS's band concert.

I have the house decorated & it looks nice.  No big tree, but lights here & there.  I haven't done any Christmas shopping & still need to write the Christmas cards soon.

I am deciding what's for lunch as we usually eat out on Sunday's.  Good music on our local radio station.  Some Christmas & some good " oldies. "

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

Good Afternoon all,

@KonaKat  Jean, I charged up my Halo and will begin testing it out around the house, lol.  I think I will plug the TV into it and see how well it works.  I also may try a lamp.  I want to see how long the charge holds on the Halo and how it responds to recharging.  It's funny and kind of twisted - yesterday I decided to tool around town in the Camaro, the old car, for the first time in a week.  I knew Cricket was going to start however I thought, hmm if she gives me any problems, I can test out the Halo, rofl.

My email inbox has been bombarded with offers since the beginning of November - it's getting obnoxious :-).

Any items I've bought on flex or easy pay have been paid off, except for the Halo.  If I am unsure about an item or if I will be satisfied, I will take advantage of flex or easy pay.  Once I receive and item, if I am sure it's going to work out, I immediately log in and pay off the easy pays.

If the Halo passes all of my tests in the next week, the easy pays will be rolled up and paid off.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@meallen616

You are not kidding with that cartoon.  Sometimes I come across things I wasn't aware I needed until I see them, lol.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--You will love that Rowenta steamer. Since I enabled you, I hope it works as well for you as it does for me  but we all know that always isn't the case. Snow is beautiful but I hate having to travel in it. It does sound as if you have a busy week ahead.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70

We don't have any snow yet, however when WI gets it, chances are it will fly over MI.  Unless of course, a strong front shoves it down into Ohio.

I didn't something this morning that I haven't done in YEARS.  I slept in until 10:30 am.  When I awoke I started running, I was behind schedule with feeding my birds their morning treat and Presto was letting me know about it :-)

Honored Contributor

Good morning all and thanks again @KonaKat for the start. I don't use E-Z pay, so that is no incentive for me. And other than small stocking stuffers for hubby I am done shopping for Christmas. Naturally I did some me shopping while I was shopping for him, lol. Nothing from Q though or any shopping channels....just various online places.

I'm sure between work and PT you are worn out. Rest when you can, the stacks as I call them, will wait, lol.

Be sure to get that Halo in your car, it won't help if you forget to put it there.

@meallen616,

now that is cute, lol.

@twinny70, hope your cold is much better. We are also getting snow today, which I hate, I despise winter, lol. A side of beef, wow! That's a lot of meat. Enjoy not having to buy it at the stores for a long time. Good luck with the bone density test, and enjoy the band concert.

Not much happening here today, and I'm ok with that, lol. Might make some treats later, like we need them...NOT. Trucker girl came by yesterday and got all her packages that have come in so far. She'll be heading up into Wi. later today, hoping the roads are all good for her on her way. Well, I have my CC locked up, for now, lol, don't plan any more shopping for a little bit anyway.

Hope everyone has a nice relaxing day. Waves.....

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Hi birdmama, we were posting at the same time. I slept in yesterday till almost 8am, I am usually up by 5, as I was today. Glad your cold is better too.
"To each their own, in all things".