Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, DEC 30)

[ Edited ]

Good morning, shopping friends. I'll be off in a few minutes to the city to have lunch with my niece and then do some grocery shopping.

I finally got the nerve to get on the scales. For some reason, the last time I weighed myself was in June. The moral is to avoid gain, eat healthy and weigh often. It won't be a surprise if I have been shocked back into a better eating routine. I've gained 13 pounds since June. The so-called positive is that I don't weigh more than I did on the last January 1.

I saw them present the Don Aslett indoor mats this morning at which time they mentioned the mats were replacing the ones that had a pattern. I did a check and found the patterned ones on clearance. I actually liked the pattern as it would work in my bathroom. As a result, these are coming home at a greatly reduced price and no shipping and handling. I was good and did not use easy pay on them. One of my goals is not to use the automatic order button that applies any available easy pays and the last card used.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, DEC 30)

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Jean - Thank you for starting us today.  Have a good time in the city today and have something good to eat.  Hope you like the mats, I just bought two bathroom mats yesterday.  I am alway a day late and a dollar short.

We took down our Christmas decortations a couple days ago, so now I have started my "spring cleaning".  I have one room done and going to work on another today, I know how jealous you all are of my exciting life.  I usually  do one room every other day.  If I try to do a room everyday my body does not like me very much.  I am also trying to declutter the room as I go thru it.  I have way too much "stuff" here.

When DH was in the hospital I was a little worried I may have to look for a one floor home.  I realized I have way too much stuff to move and really don't want to pack it to move it one day.  So here we go again at decluttering.  This time I have a different picture in my head.  Okay, so much for the deep thinking here.

I do need to get moving on my project.  What is everyone up to today??  Have a good morning everyone.

Regular Contributor

Hi Ladies!!  Jean, thanks for starting...enjoy your lunch with your niece.  I’m one who gets on the scale almost daily, which helps me keep myself in check.  As I have gotten older, it’s so easy for me to gain, and a horror to try to lose, so I try to stay aware.

Susan, good luck with your decluttering, I’ll be getting back to that soon.  I keep my Christmas decos up until after “Little Christmas”, so I have another week to relax.  I feel the same way with too much stuff, I am a work in progress there, so I hope 2019, I will improve.

My sister and I had a great time with our aunts and cousins.  The food was great, the conversations better, and so many laughs...we hope to do it again in the spring.

Today, will be a quiet day.  I’ve already been to mass, so I plan to just relax.  I’m working half a day tomorrow, then my DS is coming in from Nashville for a few days, so I will be one happy Mom.

Enjoy your day!!!

Honored Contributor

Well Jean @KonaKat  You made me look  (ha ha).  I just weighed myself and I don't know if it's better or worse than the last time because I never wrote it down.  Since I decided to move my annual exam and mammogram from December to January, I need to make the appointments after the new year. 

My OB/GYN who treats me head to toe will have no problem telling me if I gained weight.  I went one year and was 10 lbs heavier than the year before.  Not overweight for my height, just 10 lbs heavier than usual.  I wouldn't say the guy made a federal case out of it but he mentioned it.  I said, dude did you just call me fat?  He said keep gaining 10 lbs each year and I will be Woman LOL

I can see his point - once you're post menopausal (and I have been since age 44) and you get older, it is hard to get the weight off.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies...nice to see you posting Karen...we keep our tree up till "Little Christmas" as my mom called it too.  so far the tree is holding up this year..we had a nice fresh one.  Have a nice time with your son bring home for a few days. 

have a fun time at lunch Jean with your niece.

It's a crummy day here woke up with tne ground covered with snow but just on the grass etc.  I think I read it's supposed to be  60 here on Tuesday, I'm smiling g about that but I know many are not!

I hope your DH snd mom are doing better Susan...when you are finished decluttering st your

house you always have a standing invite to  come here!

Not much else going on here...going out to the store in s few minutes hope it's not crowded!   Have a nice day everyone.Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  I think I have one of the mats you ordered, and it has worked well for me.  Of course, I purchased it when it was a much higher price.  Have fun with your niece, and good luck with your eating goals.  Good that you did not gain back all the weight you had last January.  

Sounds like a good idea to start your "spring" cleaning early, Susan.  I still have some decorations up, but I have started taking them down and doing some cleaning.  It is nice having a one story house, but moving is so difficult.  Hope you are very successful in your de-cluttering.

Glad you had such a nice time with your aunts and cousins yesterday, Karen.  How nice that your son will be coming for a visit.

I'll be going to church this morning and then to the gym.  Later, I will be doing some ironing and continue taking down decorations.  So far, I have only found a few things to donate, and I guess that is okay so long as I have a place to store stuff (DH's closet).  

Yesterday I got some bad news from one of my bookclub friends.  Her husband (very nice man) had blood clots, a stroke, and found out that he has pancreatic cancer.  Then, her computer broke, and they had trouble with the telephone and TV.  Just one thing after another.  Meanwhile, another bookclub friend is having a difficult time with her second knee replacement which she had earlier in the month.  Fortunately, her husband is taking care of her and the house very well.  But, she was quite upset with her reaction to some of the medication she took.  As they say, getting old is not for sissies.

On a positive note, today is my youngest DGS' birthday.  He is such a nice guy -- already texted me thanking me for his birthday gift card and regular card.

Hope everyone has a nice day, and your weather is okay.  Still cold here (down into the 20's again.)

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- that is funny, Bernie.  I remember my ex telling me about a lady inher office who had gained some weight (not a lot), and her doctor said if she kept it up, she would be too heavy.  I have not had many weight issues in my life, but DD has certainly been dealing with that problem a lot.  Right now, she is in a good place.

Hi Marijane.  Good luck at the stores.  Glad your tree is holding up well, and you don't have problems at the store.  Also hope your weather improves.

Honored Contributor

Susan @PAlady  Decluttering is always good Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Karen @ksmitty28  I keep my decorations up through the Feast of Three Kings too.  Actually when I was still working, I didn't take them down until the 3 day weekend aroung MLK day. 

Honored Contributor

We had a little bit of snow on the ground this morning too @Genny1.  The sun is out so whatever is on the street and sidewalks should melt in no time.  

Honored Contributor

Hi Linda @LindaLatte  Oh my, I really feel bad for your bookclub friend with the sick husband.  When it rains it pours and it certainly has poured on that couple. 

Your GS is very considerate and well mannered.