Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, DEC. 3)

Greetings, shopping friends. It is a beautiful, sunny but cool day. I've been doing odds and ends around the house with no purchases despite the easy pay temptations placed before us.  The day is not over, however.

The TSV is a great deal but I don't need it now. My 10 inch Samsun tablet is still doing very well, so I can wait. I also have a 7 inch Fire but I use the 10 inch primarily.

I dd 30 minutes on the mini-cycle this morning while watching a "Longmire" episode. I'll do it again later on to get in an hour for the day. I just couldn't do it in one time.

Right now, I am relaxing with a movie streamed from Amazon. After lunch, I plan to read followed by more worrk around the house. One thing at a time, it will eventually get done. I just need to remind myself that if something comes in then two must go out to keep reducing the number of items.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely. Think positively!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (SUNDAY, DEC. 3)

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Jean -  Thank you for starting us today.  Good job on the exercising.  I like Lomgmire also, too bad this is the last season.   I have been putsying around the house today.  I made one banana bread and have a stew cooking in the crockpot.  We will have the stew for supper tomorrow night.  I made a list of things  want to get done by tomorrow night.  If I get it done at,  I will treat myself to a trip to Ross Park Mall on Tuesday.  I want to get down there one more time before it gets too close to Christmas.  

I like the TSV, but I have a Kindle already, I don't use it much at home (I still like the feel of a book when I read), but I do love it when I travel.  

Well need to get moving, I am losing my mojo here.  Hope everyone has a great afternoon. 

Esteemed Contributor

Susan--Losing the mojo? I think I have. I decided to see what Amazon Prime video had to offer me and settled on the HBO movie "Behind the Candelabra" starring Michael Douglas and Matt Damon. It was excellent so I gave my attention to it and fogot to work as I watched.  The banana bread sounds great!

I think I need to discover some work here as I have paid work tomorrow as a sub but sitting and relaxig feels good.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hello Jean @KonaKat and Susan @PAlady, I'm also trying to get the mojo going, lol. 

Since I left boxes all over the basement last week Sunday, it's not like I don't pass the Christmas decorations every time I go to the washer/dryer.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Good for you with the mini cycle.  I enjoy the Longmire series, but I have not started the latest season yet.  I'm sorry it is the last season, but..... 

I have been debating and debating the TSV.  I have a Fire from last year (8 inch I think), and I use it all the time when I visit DH or if I don't want to carry the laptop to another room.  Yes, I am that lazy at times.  It is a very good deal, and less expensive than Amazon, plus it includes the case which is extra on Amazon.  Decisions, decisions.....  I need to remind myself about at least clearing out one item for every one that arrives.  Two is probably a bit too ambitious for me.

Hi Susan -- you have been a busy bee -- good for you, and I hope you "earn" that reward.  We have a Ross nearby, but I don't go there as often as I might.  I get waylaid at Wal-Mart and the 99 cent store.

The OLLI party was very low key, but nice.  I won the centerpiece at my table -- poinsettia, which was a bonus.  DH's son called (his sister told him about DH's condition on Friday), and I know he was relieved that his Dad was better.

I'm back from church and leave for the gym soon.  I will visit DH later and feed him dinner.

Waves to all of our posters and readers, and have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, it is beautiful again today & then colder weather will be arriving.  I am looking forward to snow, but won't send it your way.  We usually have snow in November, so we really need precipitation.  Good luck with your new exercise bike & teaching tomorrow.

Susan, banana bread sounds good as does stew in the crock pot.  Have fun at the mall.  I have the urge to declutter my closet again.  I like law & order in it, but our mild temps have kept me from moving my warm weather clothing to the guest bedroom closet.

Bird Mama, good luck with your decorating.  I don't do a lot any more but found some garland w/light's yesterday, so I will finish the decorating tomorrow.  I do mostly snowmen.  I love snow & they make me happy.

Linda L, how fun to win your table wreath.  I am glad that your DH was doing better yesterday.  Hugs & prayers for you.

It is beautiful so I walked after church & lunch out.  It is hot tub time when my DH is done watching the Green Bay Packer's.

We are expecting thunderstorms tomorrow & then December like temps which is fine with me. 

I am taking it easy this week.  I have Dr. follow-up appointment on Thursday & my infusion on Friday.  I need to stay healthy or I can't get it.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

Hi ladies,

Image result for happy sunday christmas images

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--The TSV is a great value. I carry my 10 inch tablet with me nearly everywhere I go despite having a smaller one. I like the screen size, and it fits perfectly in my Lug Carousel bag. Whatever you decide, I know you will do it having great consideration. I hope DH is less sleepy when you visit today.

Twinny--Enjoy your hot tub. Yes, it is very important to keep on top of your health so you can get the infusions. It is not something you take for granted. I hope you get the weather you want but it  a manageable amount.

meallen--Thank you for the great graphic.

I've really been lazy this afternoon, spending the time streaming movies from Amazon. I think I lost the zest but I was very tired at the end of Friday so perhaps I needed the rest.  I did rearrange some dresser drawers, so I guess I did something as well as picking out some things for donation. It just doesn't look as if I did anything.

Honored Contributor

I finished my decorating, such as it is. 

This year I incorporated the Little Drummer Boy 13" Doll by Ashton Drake.

My mother loved the story of the Little Drummer Boy and my eldest sister bought this for Ma many years ago.  When Ma passed in 2010, we gave the doll back to Anna.  This summer, Anna's children gave it to me.

The doll looks a little somber, lol.  I tell myself he's concentrating on the musical performance of his life. 

Image result for ashton drake little drummer boy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise